It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ditto to that.
Skeptic is changing things again methinks!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Maybe it's a marketing tool.
If we buy enough Marrs books it will go away.
Put me down for ten.
Anything to get rid of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I "3rd" that. It's not good on the eyes. And I got my books today, so someone please change it back.

Rush

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I thought I was imagining things... I'm not sure bright is the right word, but it was a bit of a shock to click on a thread and have the sides go beige. Can't think of a better word than bright though, at least when compared to the dark colors I've gotten used to when I'm here.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I kept hitting "go light" then "go dark" then "go light" then "go dark", trying to confuse it back to the way it was.

As if............

Rush

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by AccessDenied

Maybe it's a marketing tool.
If we buy enough Marrs books it will go away.
Put me down for ten.
Anything to get rid of it.

Too Funny!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
"OH Mighty MOD Gods, Hear my request, I can no longer acces the Great chat area of ATS, Oh why ole Great ones? Why dus Thou scorn me in such wicked acts of un-natural punishments and of denying my given rights from above?"

Just kidding, I can't log into the chat area again, could the other day, but not now.

Is there something going on with the forums that this happens so often?

here is my owm quote for the same question's, "Any answers?"

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Hey there,

There has been a few error problems latley with getting in the chat room,
Some have found if they remove cookies ect or close all pages then re go in it may help, Other than that keep on trying a few times back and forward, Took me a few times the other day

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
***** ATTENTION *****

This is a large thread, " I agree" type posts and other off topic posts may be deleted.

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks asala, I will prevail over this dilemma!!! I will keep trying, then cursing a while then try again and then... oh heck, you know what is going to happen!!

Wig

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Please stop sending us spam under the guise of "ATS admin" in our U2U inboxes. It undermines any hope of a trusted relationship between users and ATS admin who might occasionally actually want to send every user a genuine ADMIN notice about the forum or rules changes for example.

I just delete every single one of them without bothering to open it, because you send so many spam messages. When you actually do want to send something important you may very well find that your actions in the past mean that very few people bother to read it.

"The Boy who cried wolf" and all that.

I also refer you to this closed thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 26/11/2008 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Who here is sick to death of all the Jim Marrs spam all over ATS? Raise your hand.

***Raises Hand***

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gone
Who here is sick to death of all the Jim Marrs spam all over ATS? Raise your hand.

***Raises Hand***

How is it spam when it is promoting the website it's advertised on...?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's spam because it's in my face all over ats and it's in my u2u box and i don't give a flying [snip] about it. I'm sick of seeing it. it's repulsive. if they really wanna advertise it, why don't they get a commerical on the sci fi channel or something.

Well, at least it's not pop up ads that install a little jim marrs virus on your computer i guess...it could be worse.

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gone

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So they give us a FREE website, Massive one at that, let us express ourselves freely, (within the T&C of course) let us post avatars of our choice and signatures, interact with friends and even chat and...

You're complaining about a little advertising?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ok, ok, my bad...sorry.

and by the way, ATS isn't free. nothing is free. ATS comes at the cost of advertising to us. Personally, I'd rather pay $10 a month for ATS and do without all the Jim Marrs crap.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by Mr Gone]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My Beef with Anonymous ATS

1. It's not anonymous if you are recording IP address' of the posters. I provided information related to proxies in which one can hide their IP address and it was questionable whether or not this is allowed by the board rules?

2. When waiting for new discussion to hit a thread, it is very annoying to see new posts jump to the top of "recent posts" with a last post by:Anonymous ATS, yet we cannot view it until it is approved.

3. Please post the rules and regulations which are set in place to scrutinize Anonymous ATS posts. Or, is this open to individual scrutiny as each admin see fit at the time?

- blowfish

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Anonymous posts are treated with the same scrutiny as all other posts. These posts are only made visible if they conform with the Terms and Conditions all members must abide by.

Hope that clears things up.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

There was a post in one of my threads saying that using proxy service to mask your IP address is not allowed. Is this true, and if so why?

Also, is ATS working for any government agencies to provide them with such information?

[edit on 11/26/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
There was a post in one of my threads saying that using proxy service to mask your IP address is not allowed. Is this true, and if so why?

There is no official requirement of ATS members or users to avoid using proxy servers. From time to time, some of our staff may make honest mistakes about our overall policies, as we did frown on proxy servers in the past. However, members and visitors are generally free to access ATS in whatever way they see fit.

Also, is ATS working for any government agencies to provide them with such information?

Never. And any sharing of such information with anyone (short of court order) would be a violation of our clearly indicated privacy policies.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join