It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

The real reason stuff like that is discussed in the RATS-Forum (which is also a part of ATS by the way), is because google indexes sites containing illegal content...which would result in a few thousand people a month no longer finding ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

ok fair enough then thanks alot for replying soo quickly its much appreciated but i still dont undertstand why mariijuana is banned tbh i personally dont htink it should be

thanks sky floating

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

But then why not give everyone a second set of login details to access RATS. A genuine question, not a rant...

Yes the answer is probably obvious to everyone but me, but I'm interested.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

But then why not give everyone a second set of login details to access RATS. A genuine question, not a rant...

Yes the answer is probably obvious to everyone but me, but I'm interested.

Because RATS wasnt originally about that nor is it only about that topic.

Simon Gray:

The original intention of RATS was a forum in which users could feel safe to post their theories, observations, stories, etc. of a conspiratorial nature or subject genre related to the AboveTopSecret.com 'Deny Ignorance' motto. Safe from web search bots and prying eyes, general chit chat should take place on BTS or even individual ATS forums.

Having to "pay points" to access it is the incentive to honour that original purpose as an experienced ATSer and not some fly-by chit-chatter.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Then why not implement a RATS style forum, for threads which were never intended for RATS, but can not be left in the normal sections of ATS.

I shall say no more on the issue as I am biased due to having lost things to RATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye

Then why not implement a RATS style forum, for threads which were never intended for RATS, but can not be left in the normal sections of ATS.

I dont know. But its something to Consider

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I got an issue real quick... hehe. I think i just totally effed up my 2nd title in the ATS store... and i seem to have "overdrawn" a little with the BTS points becasue like a dumb ass i didn't change the combined points selection before i spent them... Any possible help?

ED to add-- notice the "Don be scared to fight!"... yeah that should be Don't*

[edit on 12-11-2008 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think i made my point.

And i think you all UNDERSTAND my point.

However, Mods are the ones that have to decide on this issue.
And Mods are the ones that stand to lose creditblity over this.

So it goes without saying that NO mod would want to make themselves more accountable, and that they truely ENJOY being able to have control, and to be able to change things without being known that THEY did it...

I like information.

And i dislike when information that was once open/given, is now secretive, and only accesable to the select few.

All i am asking is that we(the Public) can see who is removing what posts...

I do not want to ask each member, who removed their posts...

All i ask, is that we, the ATS population, can have the rights back that we once had...

Or will acountablity be another great feature that went by the wayside.

Lord Akin Said it best...

'Power Currputs, Absolute Power Currupts absolutly.'

This is true in ALL positions of power, and ATS is not uneffected by this phenonomon.

[edit on 11/13/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

You must know me and every Staff Member personally to be able to speak so confidently and surely in regards to what we think, feel, believe.

Yet you don't - yet you still feel you can speak so confidently and surely about how we think, feel, believe. Seems an obvious flaw therefore in your assertions.

Your perceptions are incorrect...and I suspect (could well be wrong of course, as I also don't know you personally) no matter how much I or any of us tell you that, you may not accept it.

So - to me this is flogging a dead horse. I suggest therefore that we all stop flogging it.

Peace.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
From now on, when a mod does something you don't like, blame me. I have extremely high self esteem and can live with being hated.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

TKainZero You are confused...

There never has been, nor will there ever be a "feature" like you keep saying has been removed/done away with. The ONLY change that has been made is the ADDITION of the Jpeg images when a post is removed for violating the TAC.

In the past the post was simply deleted with NO TRACE WHAT-SO-EVER that the "public" could see.

Mod edits are still EXACTLY the SAME as they always have been. You seem to be confusing the addition of Jpeg notices with Mod Edits. The Mods still edit posts that are salvageable just like they always have, and when they do that it is reflected in the post with an edit tag, just like it always has been.

The ONLY difference now is that they have an additional tool (the Jpeg notice images) that actually lets the member whose post was removed know who removed it and why AND let's the rest of the viewers know it was removed and why. In the past the member got NO INFORMATION since their post was simply removed and sent to the staff only waste bin.

So, in reality, because you are confusing Mod edits with Post Removals, you are complaining that there is MORE information now then was before (now there is a Jpeg that indicates the post was removed and why whereas before there was no trace of the post at all once it was "binned") simply because you aren't privy to ALL of it (the acting Mod's name).

Your assumptions about the staff are so off base and incorrect I won't even comment about them beyond to state the obvious, yes we are all human, yes we make mistakes and I believe we own up to them pretty well when they happen. There is no way ANY staff member can go "rogue" and delete posts that (s)he disagrees with without the rest of the staff (and I bet several members) catching on very quickly. That would (and has in the past) cost that Mod their position on our staff.

We have had to "terminate our relationship" with three or four Mods in the past who were incapable of separating their personal beliefs from the very well defined duties of enforcing the TAC of this site. That's an excellent record considering the number is that small over ten years and nearly 100 staff members.

The TAC is void of personal beliefs and is very easy to interpret and enforce. The TAC is the only and final judge of what is and is not acceptable on AboveTopSecret.com. ATS, as an entity, has no personal beliefs, ATS has no opinion, ATS has no agenda other than the civil exchange of ideas, discussion of the topics all in a community setting.

The notion that one Moderator can delete posts or threads, willy nilly because they don't like them is absolutely ridiculous as is the notion that any staff action is anonymous. There is a log that tracks every staff action and every staff member can see it.

There is no "absolute power" here other than the Terms And Conditions of use and they, are most definitely, incorruptible.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
just wondering if anyone knows when the edger mitchell interview is gonna be posted im psyched to hear it

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

Thanx Chris on a bike for bringing me to this site.Curious and curiouser!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
just wondering if anyone knows when the edger mitchell interview is gonna be posted im psyched to hear it

Me too!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone knows why D4rk Kn1ght was banned. This isn't a complaint, and I'm not in suport of or opposed to his banning. I'm just purely curious. Please note that speculation from my fellow members that he was banned due to his story being proved a hoax isn't an answer. I want to know why he was banned for certain, not in theory. If it was proved a hoax, I'd like to know how so that I can file it away among all of the other hoaxes.

Thanks.

[edit on 11/15/2008 by AceWombat04]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'd actually just like to ask people to read through the thread, or at least skim, before replying. Often throughout the discussion other facts or points are made, which alter the 'thread' of discussion itself. For instance, someone posts something about a UFO video. Someone else finds out that it's really CG, the author has a webpage showing how he made it. And yet, we get ten more pages of people discussing how great this video evidence is, because they didn't bother to even read the thread.

It ends up turning a thread to a vast sea of spam, where the real core discussion gets lost. And it happens in almost every thread, even short ones.

So please, PLEASE, take the time to listen as well as post. It will make your contribution all the more valuable.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I've been thinking about a suggestion that might help with that, although it may be too difficult to implement.

I'd like to see the OP allowed to modify only the opening post indefinitely. That way, they could go back to the post and add "UPDATE: proven to be CGI; see page 12," or "UPDATE: see additional evidence on page 4" or (as I've needed to once) "This thread CLOSED as it's a duplicate; to discuss this go HERE (and HERE would be a link to the other thread).

Alternatively, perhaps a mod or two would chime in and respond on how they would react to being u2u'ed and asked to make such a modification to the opening post for "the good of the thread?" I know they are overworked already but GOOD reasons to add an update to the OP probably don't happen all that often.

Edit to add: Okie Dokie Sky, copied and pasted to the appropriate thread. Thanks and my apologies.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Heike]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
on that thread of mine...

someone tapped me on the shoulder

when i entered and found it was cut away.
I don t blame you and believe me i was not intending to cause a problem... anyway i will post to the thread you suggested my ressolution which is best expressed by interestedalways:
"My advice would be to take what you can get here at ATS and leave the rest on the floor. "

Yes i dont dissagree with the opinion that ATS is the best i ve stumbled upon, but hey don t you want to know what is going about ATS?

Anyway i am sorry i couldn t conclude in my own thread...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
but hey don t you want to know what is going about ATS?

What might that be?

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join