It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Removed post, as it just did not make sense.
Thanks!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by antar]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Folks, this thread is about issues concerning ATS. It's not a thread to bash other members.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm as guilty of this as anyone...my apologies to everyone. Me and my bad temper are done for the day. Again, my apologies.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hmmm......just thinking

I don't come to ATS to read theories written by a good conspiracy theorist.
I come for good theories that might prove to be conspiracies.

I am more a fan of what is here, not so much a fan of who is here.

If I like a particular television show, I don't switch it off if a certain actor/actress leaves. And if I like a particular brand name, I shop where I know that product is available.

I don't read every post at ATS just as I don't read every section of the Sunday paper. And even if they took my favorite section out, it might take a little getting used to, but I'd still read it.

And that is my thoughts on the ATS/JL issue.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

My apologize to the staff and also to you seagull. I'm a sorry example of testing the waters of this site and seagull and what can happen when you do.

When all is said and done I do hope that everyone agrees on one fact that cannot be deleted, this site, ATS is by far the best site for alternative information and for all the masses.

You can come here and discuss absolutely anything under the sun and beyond. You can thank all that this site has to offer to the hard working individuals that own, maintain and scrutinize the boards. These people are not asking for donations as other sites, "do you see any paypal logos asking for your hard earned cash? NO!! I whole hardly agree with "Loyal" who I might ad I tried to get a rise out of.

Get out of the, "We own this site mindset people." These people can run, influence and remove anything and everything from this site that they do not want or agree with, period! I think the rules of engagement here is more than fair.

I also think that it is none of our business who gets let go and who stays, regarding the brass. The powers that be are as far as I'm concerned been very forthcoming even in this area even though I have no doubt they would just as soon tell everyone that it is "None Of Our Business,"PERIOD.

Long live ATS, everyone in it's day to day survival and all the members here that really give a damn.

[edit on 5/14/08 by 2nts_astk]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
(this is a my reponse to the John Lear situation. I posted this in a new thread, and then it was rightly closed after a Mod pointed me in the direction of this "ATS Issues" Thread)

This

I wanted to get in touch with John Lear, and i noticed his fourm was gone.

A little digging, and i found out that there was some 'dirty laundry' and that we will never get to the bottem of this.

That being said.

Its a (blank)ing shame that John Lear is gone.

I dont think that he should have been forced out of this board.

Its is also a shame that his Fourm was taken down... the thread that 'explained' why John Lear was banned, was strange, at best.

The thread was closed, and John Lear only made one post, and it basicly refuted what the Mods and Owners said.

John Lear had some of the best threads on this Site.

I just don't know how to express this foul taste that is in my mouth.

This may be the lowest point i have experineced in all my years here on ATS.

There is no doubt in my mind that this thread will be closed...

I am also mad that it took like 3 months to notice that he is gone.

DAMM YOU ATS...

This is just one point in the book thats is the downfall of ATS.

John Lear was the best member on ATS, he was also the biggest Celb on ATS, more people have been turned onto ATS from John Lears Coast to Coast interviews, then anything else.

John Lear also gave TONS of attention to ATS, when he was on C2C, all he did was Mention ATS over and over...

John Lear was the best thing to Happen to ATS, and it seems the Mods just killed him off...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
A little digging, and i found out that there was some 'dirty laundry' and that we will never get to the bottem of this.

I covered many of the issues in page one of this thread.

Its a (blank)ing shame that John Lear is gone.

I agree.

I dont think that he should have been forced out of this board.

No one at ATS forced him off the site.

[quote/]This may be the lowest point i have experineced in all my years here on ATS.
It's unfortunate that this event has caused this. We did our best to avoid problems, and get John back to posting on ATS.

is is just one point in the book thats is the downfall of ATS.

Actually, we're coming off three sequential days of record breaking traffic because of the amount of international news being credited to this thread. I believe this may very well be the first time several major mainstream news sources has credited a user-generated content site that focuses on conspiracies and UFO's with a significant story... in fact, the headline ran front-page in the New York Times.

John Lear also gave TONS of attention to ATS, when he was on C2C, all he did was Mention ATS over and over...

And as I mentioned on page one of this thread, we returned in kind and did our best to promote him as well.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OK, i think its best i just forget i realised that JL is no longer with this site.

And just wait for him to come back...

That Thread You linked too.

I kept my eye on it, and i am sure about EVERY goverment orginazation did too...

Every once in a while, ATS gets some thread that gets like half a million views... you know that there is something else going on...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Also, this is more stuff i wrote, but i posted in the wroung area, so here it is here....

John Lear is the most offensive thing on ATS.

It appears, that over the course of the last few months, a devolopment happen concerning one of the most storied, and famous members on ATS.

John Lear.

John Lear was a Conspiricy Master, and had his own fourm on ATS.

Aparently, some time after the new years, and before Valentines day, John Lear was involed in a 'fight' between him and another CM.

Now, after the 'fight' JL had his fourm disbanned, and all his threads moved to the living Garbage Can 'ShrunkWorks'...

It seems threads that discuse the 'circumstances' of the fight, the threads get closed...

The accounts of the 'situation' vary very much from each source...

Im just a little confused with this whole situation... people that registared in the past few months most lilkly have never heard who he is... its a shame...

John Lear gave the most to ATS, he plugged ATS at every chance. Every single time he was on Coast to Coast, he pluged the (blank) out of ATS, mentioning them dozens of times, on the largest late night Talk-show in the World.

I, personaly, think ATS is worse off not having John Lear on here...

And because John Lear was mentioned in this post, it will most likly disapear...

God Bless ATS

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

John Lear is the most offensive thing on ATS.

Not even close. His content remains in full-view... what makes you think he would be considered "offensive?"

It appears, that over the course of the last few months, a devolopment happen concerning one of the most storied, and famous members on ATS.

Have you read any of the links to ATS posts that I provided you?

and all his threads moved to the living Garbage Can 'ShrunkWorks'...

You're very wrong about the "Skunk Works" forum. It's an appropriately named forum as a place to support highly speculative discussions and extreme theories. It's one of the more popular forums on all of ATS.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes Bill I read the links....

And i read John Lears 'version' of the story too... as well as all the emails that he and the other mods sent each other.

ShrunkWorks is where threads that a 'crazy-wacky' are sent, i have been under the impresion for years, that this was the Case...

I mean, the 'icon' for that fourm page is a Skunk... giving the impresion that the topics inside the fourm, 'Stink'

Also, over the years, anytime there was a high-profile thread, that became off-topic, or obliously false, it was moved to the Skunkworks... Also, werent all reptlian topics sent to Skunkworks...

Anyways... i think John Will return to ATS... or at least thats what i am going to tell myself...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I mean, the 'icon' for that fourm page is a Skunk... giving the impresion that the topics inside the fourm, 'Stink'

The name, and the icon, come from here...
Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
We've always assumed that anyone interested in these topics would make that rather easy connection.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I agree with you on that Bill, Skunkworks should be a great place for Black Ops, Moon conspiracies etc, etc... but in reality it does seem to kill a thread...

Heck even Mulder's office in that broom closet in the basement was most likely the most interesting place I FBI headquarters...
but for some reason many here feel skunk works is where you stick things you don't want out in the light of day

IMO of course...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
*Ahem*

Hello, Bill, I noticed that you seem to have nothing to say about my comments back on page 3.

Is there some reason why you and Mark don't want to talk to me about these things?

Would U2Us be better?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
I am far from a network security expert,

Well then... one might ask why you're providing advice on network security?

but I do believe that "they" do in fact have ways to find out who a given ATS member is in real life, and give people "warning taps" and things of that nature

How would that be? How can you speculate if you're not really an expert on such things?

In reality, there are four ways...

1) You reveal who you are in your posts.

2) You use a username easily associated with your other online personalities, such as a MySpace page.

3) Your Internet Service Provider has proactive "Deep Packet Inspection" installed on their system (very rare for now) and they're able to somehow track POST variables (hard even with deep packet inspection) when you create a post to determine your username.

4) If we receive a court order to reveal a user IP address (has never happened)

That's it... those are the only four ways "they" can figure out who you are in real life... and two of them rely on your own personal online security habits.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

but I do believe that "they" do in fact have ways to find out who a given ATS member is in real life, and give people "warning taps" and things of that nature

How would that be? How can you speculate if you're not really an expert on such things?

Because in the past I've had creepy dudes lurking around uttering veiled threats, and a lot of other weirdness.

No, I can't prove anything, so don't ask.

In reality, there are four ways...

Four ways that YOU know of

"they" may have technologies and other tricks up their sleeves that you DON'T know of......

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Because in the past I've had creepy dudes lurking around uttering veiled threats, and a lot of other weirdness.

Don't mean to just jump in, but do you really think "they" would waste time, energy, and money dispatching creepy dudes to your residence or workplace to make veiled threats? It seems to me, that if "they" really felt somebody was a threat, that somebody would just commit suicide or disappear. At the very least, the threats would likely be direct.

"they" may have technologies and other tricks up their sleeves that you DON'T know of......

If that's the case, there's little that can be done about it, by the site owners or anybody else. I guess we all just have to post at our own risk, and weigh the possible consequences of revealing information that may get us into trouble. Personally, I don't think "they" are as efficient and competent as many imagine them to be. But that's just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join