It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As I read this this page at the moment it has advertising for the commonwealth bank running down the side,I think these guys have enough money as it is.

I would be happier if ATS had an ad in its place selling mugs and T shirts etc and I`d hope they make a dollar for it.

No offense though Agit8dChop my fellow West Aussie.

Caught many crabs lately?

OH! that might sound nasty to most here.

I assure you its not

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I would be happier if ATS had an ad in its place selling mugs and T shirts etc and I`d hope they make a dollar for it.

You know in fact they do sell Mugs and T shirts on this site, I hope that long time members buy these. I know I want to buy a couple of things but im a broke mo fo.

In the GEAR tab at the very top of every page is the ATS gear store where members can actually purchase merchandise with spiffy ATS logos on em.

Anyway, yes again suprisingly ATS is a business, they have a business plan. They in fact are here not only to allow us the means to have our theories heard across a wide audiance, they also want to make a profit in doing so. This isnt a wrong thing to do.

The Amigos have sunk there lives into this venture. For what? because they have a product they believe in. They have a website that is viewed by thousands and thousands of people levery day. Because they have a product that is proving successfull does not mean they have sold out, it doesn't make this a bad place. It means that they have created a product that is wanted. They should succeed in this buisness. Instead of charging members for the privilage of posting content online, they do that for free and get revinue from advertisers via the google AdSense network. Hoepfully on the per-impression kind of advertising.

Now, they have come out with a book, yes a book, a book created by a member, about this site. A book with content from this site. They want to reach the largest audiance they possibly can, to read your work. a book that can reach an audiance perhaps that don't go online very often.

Your posts and threads drive this business, without you there would be no ATS. This advertising is also a thank you to Jim Marrs who has created a lot of good material on this site. Jim Marrs is an old school conspiracy theorist, one of the best researchers in the business. A professional.

A coloabrative effort like this should be lauded, not condemned. This is a great thing, I wholeheartedly thank Mr. Marrs and the Amigos for their efforts in creating this website, and having the absolute dedication they have to making this site the best place to find and discuss issues that are important to people who think for themselves.

Can someone answer my question about the thread tagging gone missing now?

[edit on 9/18/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why is my thread count at 41, when it is nowhere near that? Are all the threads I've flagged, or what?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hello again ATS it has been a long time since i could post.... This is constantwonder and ive been unable to log into the account named constantwonder for almost 2 weeks after working with the mods to fix this for a quite a time now i decided to go ahead and create an new account. Anyway my issue is my loss of points and applause. Is there anyway that my points on constantwonder can be transferred to this account and constantwonder be terminated..... which really breaks my heart i was just starting to garner some real friends and now must start over completely help me out please :'(

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
disregard the post i made as gunslinger i tried login on firefox instead of IE and wallah it worked i am back baby boo-yah

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Your post was removed because its a T&C Violation to post private U2Us in open Forum.

You can post your complaints here, but please abide by the T&C.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hi all

It is with regret that Now THAT'S Weird's official forum will be leaving www.abovetopsecret.com within the next two weeks. The new official forum will be on our website at ******

I have had a few things to say about ATS of late in respect of over-moderation, deleted posts, too many deleted "off topic posts" and even a very rude U2U from one of their directors "*****".

I posted this in the ATS forums but expect it to be removed minutes after posting lol!

This was the U2U received from them this morning:-

(see NOMADRUSH's blog - I can't post it because of censorship)

Once again corporate matters and income overtake the seeking of the truth - we've seen it all before on forums that grow so big. Unfortunately everyone has their price.

I have enjoyed my time on ATS, and when I joined it, it was a great forum, unfortunately as I leave it I believe it is not.

The way they attached themselves to Robbie Williams when he joined their forums was at first a bit sad, but now I see why - having struck a deal with the "William Morris Agency" since his involvement!!

I have given a lot of free publicity to ATS over the years on my radio show and now on my TV show and am upset at the awful way I have been treated of late.

Ross

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
As I said elsewhere. Let's keep calm. It may be a good idea to hear both sides out before we start throwing accusations back and forth.

We understand you want to hear what happened and why it happened, and I assure you the Admin will listen to your questions. Just be patient.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
See below.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Everyone needs a decent explaination.

I'll be waiting to hear anything, which i'm sure will be swept under the carpet.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
reply to post by Gemwolf

Everyone needs a decent explaination.

I'll be waiting to hear anything, which i'm sure will be swept under the carpet.

Threads by that member were removed on account of several severe T&C Violations, some of which were:

1. Member Recruitment

2. Advertising without permission

3. Posting Private U2Us.

What you call "censorship", we call enforcing the Terms & Conditions.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I have had the displeasure of seeing some of Nomadrush's posts deleted, sometimes while I was in the middle of replying to it. In my opinion he is a valued member of this board and, through his connections and his work, has provided much free advertising and press for ATS, as well as provided much content to be debated about on this forum.

Why he would be treated with such disregard is beyond me and truthfully makes me think twice about the agenda behind this entire website. I would very much like to be proven wrong on this however.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I value the member nomadrush too.

However, the T&C applies to everyone and anyone.

Imagine what ATS would look like if we didnt enforce some of these basic rules.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Of course, I understand that, and admittedly I am coming from a relatively uninformed point of view. I happen to really respect the guy though and I would hope that those rules have not been applied in a manner unbecoming of their meaning is all

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I am here to support dodgygeeza complaint of ATS over-moderation, deleted posts, and too many deleted "off topic posts".

IT IS ABSURD when I could not get a MOD to Delete my OWN thread ON MY REQUEST while he deletes my own posts on the SAME THREAD I tried to get him to delete (see thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

IT IS ABSURD when I make a thread that gets moved to the RATS forum, a forum I CANT ACCESS. I made the thread, and then IT was taken from me, I don't care about what points I need to access it, you don't take it away.(see thread Mushroom and the Matrix ).

IT IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD of the conduct used by Moderators to determine off-topic posts. I am not the only one, and we know there is an obvious abuse of power going on.

When we make a thread questioning ATS, that is a CONSPIRACY THREAD. The fact that ATS is involved does not make ATS immune to criticism.

ATS is becoming ABSOLUTELY ABSURD and if they are not careful, they will collapse like Lehman.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Very well said, ATS is getting into a bad habit of removing certain "undesirable" members of the community.

As I mentioned previously, John Lear got the same treatment.

KTK

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i think it is skunk that you have been here since 2004 and you cant access RATS. Should happen by default after a few years regardless of points based on the fact you still see the ads.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Who is Lehman?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join