It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 313
<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Look, its my favorite Mod.

Get your grubb on, you guys have done more damage to this website anyways, might as well finish it off.

And this is the childish behaviour from mods that I am talkin about.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Hey CG...

Did you start drinking the good stuff..? You were bringing up some good points, then you dropped the proverbial ball and reminded everyone that hitting streaks come-n-go...

Your limp rhetoric is gonna start working against you soon, *snip*

Thanks man...

On Topic:

Any way we can post a chat history to a members profile..? A 'public stoning' may be a better deterrent than a 'chat ban'
and it would also have good symptoms, such as chat stays real rather than becoming a dumping ground for chumps...someone has something to say - well come thru with the goods or wear the scarlet letter.

It would also let other members get a more 'in depth' look at their brethren...

edit on 11-10-2010 by facelift because: holy grammar...

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/11/2010 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

This is the ATS Issues thread.

The chat issue has been dealt with and discussed to death. Please move on.

If you have issues with chat, please file an official complaint, staff will review.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Thank You.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** ATTENTION ***

This is the ATS Issues thread.

The chat issue has been dealt with and discussed to death. Please move on.

If you have issues with chat, please file an official complaint, staff will review.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Thank You.

Here's an issue:

When a member has an issue, you send them to a 313 page document that nobody pays attention to in your best efforts to make them shut up and close their original thread instead of tackling the problem at hand.

It's like if this were a super market, and a customer had a complaint, you'd send them to the restroom instead of the managers office.

Its your website and all, so its not like anyone here can do anything about it, but just realize that a lot of people take issue with being told "Your issues are complete garbage, piss off now simpleton" by a bunch of staff who claim to have a desire to protect free thought and harness original ideas.

Perhaps there could be a less "behind the scenes" approach to handling your members issues? It certainly creates a much less hostile environment when something goes astray.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

You never have explained what that is in the center of your avatar have you?

I asked, but didn't see if you did reply.

edit on 10/11/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Common Good

problem is, we can't be in chat all the time and, obviously, you guys need parental supervision. it's sad.

Originally posted by bluemooone2
The logs revel some tame anti gay sentiments , nothing more geeexeee this is sad.

you've read the logs?

And here I was trying to picture a log "reveling". I mean really, what does a log have to revel about?

edit on 10/11/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
the chat limit is back to 200?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Yes

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wanted to say chat is back in order and I am quite glad of it.

Also wanted to add I got my new avatar up so I have no complaints about the new avatar format.

My complaint is that there is a resounding want for more font colors and emoticons in chat. I mean, it couldn't be that hard could it? Correct me if I am wrong.

-SES

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just discovered the red minus sign and what it does but it's keeping the forums I dont want in the recent posts. Now does this only get rid of that post or what? From what I understood is was the entire forum. I don't want the political forums in my feed. I clicked on the red minus for each one and they are still there. Am I doing it wrong or is this not what it does

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
the chat being gone is going to lead to an influx of useless posts.

and its going to lower the quality of discussions significantly. and it will also create an influx of alternate accounts.

mark my words.

hey i think this guy is right.

it seems counter productive to reduce the quality of the discussion boards (primary function of site) just to improve the quality of the chat (extra feature)

and to be honest, if you guys think its difficult managing a chat that on average has about 10 users, you need to re-evaluate the internet.

edit on 12-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: now if youll excuse me i got about 40 more useless posts to go make

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have been away for a little while and I gotta say that the place looks great! I do have a problem though. I never tried to upload media before. By media I mean video. I made a video in windows movie maker that I would like to upload but I cannot. When I go to upload media there is a choose options choice but nothing happens when I click it. I do not see how to upload the video at all. I made sure that all of the images in the video were the proper dimensions as well so I don't know what the deal is. Is that portion of the site still being worked on or something?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Alright, my first complaint about the new ATS....

That sidebar on the left, while I REALLY like what it is, where/how it's put there is really annoying. I operate on an older laptop screen ie non widescreen, So it just plain old crowds the page up. The one on the right is also half cut off.

I'm using the newest version of firefox by the way.

A suggestion instead of just complaining: Maybe we can move it to the top, under the "Home top topics etc" bar? I know then it won't be "following" us down the page, but its the best I can come up with.

Again, I REALLY like what it is I can't stress that enough, it's a great tool, just don't like where it is.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
I operate on an older laptop screen ie non widescreen, So it just plain old crowds the page up.

Unfortunately, you represent a steadily decreasing minority.

Slightly more than 80% of the people who come to ATS are seeing the site on a monitor/screen larger than yours. (Sorry)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I view ATS on 3 different computers. My work computer is a double monitor system and it crowds things and forces the page to be extremely long. The little toolbar does not go to the right, it goes to the top for somereason and forces everything down. At home, my older desktop does the same thing. Right now I am on a little notebook computer, and it works correctly except the toolbar is only halfway visible to the right and almost impossible to click on. I posted my operating system in an earlier post when the changes first came out. I hope that helps. I think it is formatted incorrectly on more people than you realize, they just aren't complaining about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Alright that's acceptable.

Something I just noticed: The bar on the right is half cut off like I mentioned earlier, I thought if I used the scroll bar it'd show the rest, but it doesn't. If this has to do with my screen that's cool, but if not figured you guys would like to know.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I have the same problem with my screen.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

and the problem is fixed now!

Awesome thanks guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>