It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 305
<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't miss the friends/foes thingie. It doesn't matter to me who posts something. I can agree with a foe and disagree with a friend. I can learn from a foe and teach a friend. Anything different is limiting yourself imo.

Dangit! I just foed you because...well, I like that red button now! Shiny red buttons of October, when the friendly green starts turning for us in the upper hemisphere...if you don't know. But, with a more enlightened comment like that you're making me second-guess my decision.

I need the banners to remind me and duedue request them back; it's all mixed up now.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I miss the green bars (have not utilized the red bars) a lot! With the changes in avatars, site design, etc. it's very difficult to keep track of posters that one wants to. Bring the bars back! pretty please...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Since kinglizard was kind enough to make me a beautiful new avatar I have been having trouble changing the text color, when I put in the new code and hit submit it stays the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

What color would you like?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anybody notice that the Alert button in threads in the Flag thingy at the top left does not work?

Just brings me to an error page, it's not even a proper 404...

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Aquarius1

What color would you like?

Thanks, I got it done thanks to LadySkadi, she suggested hitting enter on your keyboard instead of submit. Not sure that is the color I will keep but at least know how it's done now.

Thank you LadySkadi and intrepid

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yeah?

Well you FOED me So I Friended you back!

So mluueegghhh!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hmm, I use Opera and they work alright for me...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Yeah I'm on IE8. I did try on Chrome and it works fine, haven't tried Opera yet..

It's weird it just gives me * Cannot Connect* error page?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
U2U Flood Control

Why is this feature still in effect? I mean, don't we have super duper servers that will not be bogged down by a few hundred U2U's every couple of minutes?

I'm wondering if this is really required anymore? It's kind of frustration to have to wait a full minute to send another U2U. I know it's not a huge deal or anything, but efficiency wise...you get the point

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I sorta treat everyone nearly the same way, but depending upon their conveyed moods at the time. My posting styles can change depending upon who my target demographic is. Sometimes I may be addressing a teenager in high school and sometimes my post might be more directed towards a senior citizen and war vet. If I were to talk to either like they were the other, I most likely would offend one, or lose the other with the intent of my words.

But, and yes I know (accept as fact) that changes are being phased in accordingly and to the best of staff's ability, but I would also like to voice my opinion in favor of returning some kind of visual notification on avatars to differentiate friends from foes, although some people who have me on their foe list are also on my friends list.

I don't currently use my foe list for many reasons, and have seldom used it in the past.

just sharing my thoughts,
-ET

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm wondering why, since it is not used or updated, the "Views" field for pages was not removed with the new release.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I'm wondering why, since it is not used or updated, the "Views" field for pages was not removed with the new release.

This is just a guess so don't quote me on this (
) but I don't think it's been updated/removed/fixed because our public profiles haven't changed to the new "ATS.2010" yet like our posting pages for example have been. That's why the profiles have remained the same through out the changes thus far.

Like I said though, just a guess really.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
First I would like to say I'm sorry to all the Mods if this isn't the proper place to post this?

Please Bill & Springer!

Isn't there there any comprimes to be made regarding very fast edits?

I'm soo sorry!

But most of the time as an International poster who doesn't have the English language as my first language - I find myself of doing quick edits just after I've posted something.

For example: I can find terrible grammer structure of sentences or flat out wrong spellings!

I'm not talking about letting fast ninja edits to fly here on this forum - but! please Bill! sometimes it's so damn hard to express your feelings and using your head in another language.

What I suggest here! LOL! :

Is there a quick way the first 30 minutes to give me a fair chance to correct my mistakes? - or should we all be handled under the same conditions as native English spoken members here on this forum without any chance to correct our writings in a few times without making our posts look like a teenage clutter page!

All I'm asking for is a 15 to 30 minutes window to correct my mistake!

I have been a member of one of the most professional PC forums in the USA during the years - and they/owners allowed this service to us as International members because we had the knowledge but sometimes not the language skills.

Myself! I speak five language fluently - sorry to say I'm lacking in English!

I hope you can get this suggestion the right way Bill? because I'm so happy to be a member here with this new look that you have created Bill! - it's soo damn beautiful! - thanks to you and Springer you for your hard work!

But please guys! help me to not clutter up my posts!

edit on 5-10-2010 by Chevalerous because: Yeah! what do know, now I had to make this stupid edit again because I had have severe spelling problems in english which I found 5 minutes after posting!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Do you use the "Preview" button?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
...any chance to correct our writings in a few times without making our posts look like a teenage clutter page!

You may not have noticed that if you're editing a post for the second time you can edit out the previous [editby ] tags. That means you can avoid the clutter, becuase you will never need to have more than one "edited by" line on your posts.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
U2U Flood Control

Why is this feature still in effect? I mean, don't we have super duper servers that will not be bogged down by a few hundred U2U's every couple of minutes?

It's to stop idiots spamming the crap out of you over some argument or another.
It's not a server issue as far as I'm aware.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by Chevalerous

Do you use the "Preview" button?

Yes my dear friend! quite oftenly!

But I never discover my mistakes until I see them in the forums, unfortunaly!

That's my main problem! maybe I'm dyslexic just in English?

No but seriuosly! it's very hard to write and think in another language! sorry!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I would be good if the flood settings weren't as long as they are. When I create a thread, I like to invite people into it that I feel would make great contributions. Usually about 20 people... but it takes forever! i wish there was an easier/quicker way to do it. Perhaps a group u2u limited to friends or something...

IRM

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yeah I know... not saying I agree with it, just that the reasons are not what TTTP thought they were.

I actually think there is a way to send to multiple people, I think it may have been Slayer who asked this before and he got an answer from a Mod?

Dunno.... I'm sure someone with a better memory than me can help.

new topics

top topics

<< 302  303  304    306  307  308 >>

join