It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Anybody else experiencing slow page loads ?

I'm in the pacific Northwest USA

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I couldn't access the site for 10 minutes - 503 internal error or something.

edit on Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:46:15 -0500 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
slight complaint

most of the background images have compression artifacts wich i think makes the site look a bit crap, almost amatuer. why were they saved as jpg's instead of .png files as you wouldnt have got this

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm getting real slow refresh times on the "fire hose" page. Like hours!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
you must register to post in this thread response page...

For whatever reason, the board software is not able to "see" your cookie, which is set when you log-in. As this is not an issue encountered beyond your specific case, there must be some security settings on your computer that is hampering the site code from knowing who you are when you go to post.

I am still having trouble with this issue, and have even set my security settings to the lowest possible level that Internet Explorer 8 allows for.

I don't believe it's a problem on my end, because it happens only under specific posting situations.

I posted a thread yesterday in Alternative Breaking News and had no problem making posts to it. Yet continued to have problems all day trying to post in the thread I had made the day before and placed in General Conspiracies. Today I posted another new thread in Deconstructing Disinformation and am having problems posting in it.

The most recent told me when I tried to edit a post that I had an invalid User Name.

While when experiencing difficulty before posting it told me I had failed to register and could not post.

So if it's really a cookie problem, why doesn't it effect me logging on, and why doesn't it effect me posting to some forums, and some threads, but then limits me from posting to some others?

Is it possible that my data profile has been compromised or corrupted in some way that is causing this?

It really is very frustrating constantly having to log out, clear my browser, and then log back in.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
still getting ads

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I see the new ""TOP"" button..Woot!

when will it work?

by the way..thanks for putting it back...

edit on 29-9-2010 by baddmove because: to add Woot!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
is anyone going to answer my question or do i keep asking it?
Are ads supposed to be on a bronze/gold member status?

Why haven't you simply sent me a U2U instead of repeatedly posting with frustration in the thread? With everything going on, it's impossible to stay up-to-date on this thread (and others).

I believe I mentioned somewhere (here or the 2010 status thread... maybe) that during this period of transitioning from the old to new code base, members who fit the criteria of reduced advertising may see more ads than normal since we're essentially running on two sets of code in various areas of the site. Once the 2010 transition is complete (another 2-3 weeks), those who see used to see reduced ads on the board will see that once again.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

thank you and sorry for sounding like a dripping tap.

I'll be OK now

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

nvm...probably not best to PO the boss...

edit on 9/29/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
slight complaint

most of the background images have compression artifacts wich i think makes the site look a bit crap, almost amatuer. why were they saved as jpg's instead of .png files as you wouldnt have got this

Well, the specs are 1800x900 pixels, and SO wanted to keep the files at ~60k. When I tried to make a background, the JPEG settings were around 40/100 and looking pretty crappy to keep the files that small. Because PNG export in photoshop doesn't have a compression/quality slider, the same file would be 10x larger, and not within the range of what SO wants to serve up.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The new changes -
I really like all the improvements thus far but I would like to comment on today's changes.
1) The url now being light green instead of blue makes it blend in too much.
2) The signatures are too small, imo
3) Don't really like the new flag icon( arrggh resistant to change
)
4) The quote lines could just be colored and not have the words in them, making them thinner and less intrusive

Just my.02 cents and again I am just offering a response, overall I am grateful for the changes and the work that goes into them.

spec

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How do I remove/delete the background color coding in my Account Profile settings? It will not allow me to delete the coding for black. I would like to revert to the site default (no code in the background setting) with just my avatar in place. Advice welcome.

Default codes are: #C0C0C0 and #D8D8D8

*Thanks S. Dog!

edit on 29-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Judging by Cmajor's miniprofile a little ways up this page, the default color is #303030 so you could try just putting that in place of the #000000

edit to add: if you want to try and match the almost-black of the left column instead, that seems to be #111216 except for the fade at the top

edit on 9/29/2010 by americandingbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I love the new look but I was curious about the P F S W, with numbers underneath members names.
I would assume P is for posts
F is for flags
S is for stars
But what is the W for?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

w = warnings
Is that pertinant?
I think it should only show up as you receive a warning, not as a warning history, mine was 6 months ago.

edit on 29-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Really ???? Because mine says 2 and Ive never received a warning before.

EVER. Don't you get a notification when you get a warning?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

W = round(flags * stars / 200,000)

I think the "W" stands for "WATS" which stands for "Way Above Top Secret" ranking.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hmmm, guess I was wrong. I was assuming that because I received 2 warnings when signing up for posting thread before the 20 posts. I am unsure......

edit on 29-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Delete

edit on 29-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join