It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Wouldn't going to your public profile then just clicking on Posts show you the threads you posted in and when? I think that is what you are talking about...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

You can go to your profile and by clicking on "posts" see your last 250 posts (which means that at this moment you can see all your posts, as you have less than 250).

By clicking on the "thread posts" link you will get a list of all your posts in that thread, and although that is not what you want it will help, because you can see the time and date of your last post and then look for it in the thread.

It's not the easiest way, but it works, that's what I do when I am lost in a thread.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Would it be against T&C to ask why anyone thinks the current drugs legislation, rules, and the way it is enforced is good or bad ?

Reason :
I'd like to build a thread around it, since I notice people sometimes very wrong informed.
I also do not know if the subject is allowed to be discussed at all.

I remember it was excluded from discussion, but I do not remember the exact rules of engagement.

Can anyone be so kind to answer or link me to an answer about our current position on this matter ?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I don't know what the answer to your question is, but you might want to look through this post by SkepticOverlord announcing the Alternative Substances Forum for some guidelines.

Also it might be good to check out the index of the Alt Substances Forum to see what threads get closed and what threads stay open.

My gut feeling is that what you're proposing would be a little too close to "advocacy of legalization", but I don't really know.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks, but I don't see how any reason that says the drug war is wrong, can't be considered as advocating legalization.

What I do notice is that mainly US policy is discussed. Why not the that of the Netherlands ? I mean statistics don't lie. Why living a lie...

Anyway, don't answer that.

Thank you for your help, but I will wait for staff to answer this one. Just to be save.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't know if it was alreay posted. I have a question.

Why do you load the jquery _javascript library from jquery.com?

Wouldn't it be better if you just store this file on the server of ATS?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help out with a little detail ...

I'm trying to figure out the default hex color code for the avatar background space ... the one that we get when we join that is the same as the post background.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Looks like you already figured out the hex code, but another option is to delete the background color image from your media profile storage and it will automatically revert to the ATS default plus whatever the avatar image is, if there is one there. It takes a day or two, though to happen (at least, it did for me).

[edit on 6-9-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Hi LS,

I was actually trying to find out how to revert back to the default grey, either via inputting the corresponding hex color code or if there is a way to remove the background color code so that it reverts back automatically.

Also for the last few days I can't see any embedded youtube videos on threads or even on my profile page.

MBP, OSX 10.6.4 Safari 5.0.1 (6533.17.8)

ETA: tried with FF and I can see the videos ... not sure if it's an issue on my end or if it's a Safari compatibility issue with 2010.

[edit on 6 Sep 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I assume some features will be working half hazardly until the site is fully up and running with all the new features.

Something as grand as the 2010 project is going to cause unforseen issues IMO.

As for the hex color code SD, I don't know what that would be...

But here's a list of standard hex color codes

www.computerhope.com...

~Keeper

Edit: fix link

[edit on 9/6/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help out with a little detail ...

I'm trying to figure out the default hex color code for the avatar background space ... the one that we get when we join that is the same as the post background.

Thanks.
Taking a screen shot of the mini profile above you, I get:

484644 with PS color picker.
333333 when I use the web color picker in PS

[edit on September 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hey thanks, it is 484644!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Can you view videos on Youtube with your Safari? Or is it only the embedded videos on ATS/BTS that you can't view? If you also can't view any videos on Youtube, I guess that you'll need to reinstall flash, so that your Safari will be able to play them too. 2 cents

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

No I can see them on youtube, just not on ATS using the Safari browser.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Does Safari have a built in script-blocker? If it does you may have to fiddle with some settings to allow youtube videos to show.

TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First question why is the media section so HARD to deal with?

Ok now my issue. I have been for the last 30mins trying to get my avy to fit the way it did before I changed it. I kept it the same, all I did was change the color and crop out things and add more. Why is it going to the side and why when I load it to ATS media it shows white corners but on my computer or the site I used it shows perfectly rectangular with no white lines on the right side. I am getting annoyed as all get out with this. Can anyone help?

I would have gone in chat to ask but I can't get in there. I can only ever get in chat maybe once a week

HELP!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The dimensions for your avatar: 196px × 376px

My best guess:
If you cropped it and didn't save it correctly, than it will save as the cropped picture plus the additional white outline of what used to be the picture, hence the current dimensions.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It should be like this to fit the available area.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Try to resize it to 160 x 320. I believe that is the max size an avatar can be.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That is how it looked when I saved it and the size lady mentioned is the size it is.

Now it's all off and not how it looked when I saved it.

This is why I don't make avys lol I never get them to load the right way

top topics

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join