It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Oh I didnt know it was in question.. I will be the first to tell you, I called... And talked to the pastors wife.. Explained the thread and the claims he was making.. In return I asked that when the pastor gets back in town, he email me with the deatils of "their" side.. She agreed. Still awaiting response.

I didnt hide it.. I stated in the original thread a couple of times,

Doc very well might be telling the truth about the church... I am stuck on the fact that he is either lying to US or the LEO's on the site that he is a member..

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I didnt hide it.. I stated in the original thread a couple of times,.

Not you. The person he is referring to as Satan in his profile is an anonymous poster to his church's website. That is who Satan is apparently and if that was also you that posted those specific things about the sexual comments then there are two of you.

To that end, a number of ANONYMOUS messages arrived at my church's website, naming ME by name and accusing me of "gross sexual" comments about the pastor's wife. These ANONYMOUS messages are just what you would expect from Satan... I've already been battling this poison-pen anonymity for the last 7 months, so I'm not particularly surprised or concerned.

Did you do that as well?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

No that wasn't me.. I just called.. I assumed those threads on their site went unchecked for months.

Personally I didnt think what he said was sexual... I thought it was chauvinistic at best...

I assume he lied about tracing ip from email.. I assume he has lied about allot of this.. I am leaning toward him being a sociopath and not an agent.. I think he is on that LEO site lying to them.... I think what we have here is a text book sociopath!

BUT...... I could be wrong.. it has happened... I used to think this site was a bunch of nuts spewing hate and conspiracy crap... I have come to know, some of the smartest well spoken people I have ever met, here on ATS..

If this were to simply disapear, I would be devastated at the core!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This isn't related to the topic at hand but rather at 404ing threads in general. What specifically warrants a thread to get 404ed? I was following a thread earlier in the week that I assumed would be closed (or 404ed) because it was in violation of the T&C's but another thread I had posted in was also 404ed and I honestly have no clue why. It was normal debate as far as I was concerned and I didn't see anything that possibly could've caused it to be taken down.

So what is the criteria that's needed for a thread to be 404ed?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Moderators judgement. They are not robots.. decisions are made in the moment. We would like to think a judgement would be the same 7 days of the week.. But we are all human and our moods change by the minute... I wouldn't try and find a template for 404able instances.. They could change depending on the mood or moderator or the moderator! I am not saying this is bad.. It is part of being human.... We would all be suject to the same discrepancies in judgement from day to day!

No good deed goes unpunished!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

His credibility might not mean anything to you, but it does to us. His insight on a slew of topics has been absorbed by the masses. I, for one, would like to know the level of honesty/credibility here.

Do the mods have any intention of answering ANY of our questions?

Or... do you plan on just telling us " The thread has been closed" (trashed)

Implying that it was trash.

Some of us had some time invested in that trash. Some of us care about that trash.

Questions have been asked, that may never be answered.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Do the mods have any intention of answering ANY of our questions?

No

The issue is closed..

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis AND any other ATS staff

Hello Semper and ATS staff,

The intent of my posts here were strictly in regards to 404ing in general. There seems to be no known criteria (at least made public) for when it is justified to 404 someone's thread vs. just censoring the few bad posts and closing it.

Based on the principles and thus the apparent overall purpose of ATS, one should embrace the propagation of conspiratorial information, since those are the first steps to critical thinking and denying ignorance. If the owners designed ATS for this purpose, then this principle should have been disseminated amongst ATS moderators and administrators.

If the owners did not design ATS for this aforementioned purpose, then please enlighten me.

If a poll were to be taken from the members of this lovely site, asking what they would rather have happen -- 404 or censor post(s)/close thread -- , I guarantee it would lean towards the latter.

I have presented a logical argument to you, ATS staff, so please inform us as to why you have taken action to 404 threads instead of the previously presented alternative.

Regards,

- UP -

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

No! Thank you!!!!
Great bunch of guys on a great web site. Keep up the hard work fellas. Myself and others appreciate what you guys do on a voluntary basis. I am proud to be a member of such a great group of truth seekers.

All joking aside... this place is the greatest site on the net.. The magnitude of truths that are exposed here daily is staggering!

Keep it real guys, have a good night!

Thank you,
Mobs

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
I reiterate: May we create another thread now that all the links are gone??

HELLO ATS STAFF AND OWNERS.... ARE YOU READING?

Most Respectfully, DG
If ATS allowed that, there would need to be some ground rules IMO:

-No posting of any personal information, either the poster's own, nor anyone else's. Not even the city of the poster, the church, or information leading to that location.
-No threats of taking any actions against the parties involved (or actions). This is a site to discuss things, not to incite stalking or meddling in the affairs of others.
-No discussion of marketing or promotion of items for sale
-No calling other people "satan" or other T&C violations

Any other ground rules deemed necessary by ATS staff.

If those ground rules were stated up from in the OP, I don't see why ATS would have a problem with the discussion continuing on those terms, in a new thread. Some of us have read over 1000 conspiracy threads looking for conspiracies, without finding many if any real conspiracies. We finally find a thread that looks like it might actually be a conspiracy, and it gets 404'd, it is a little frustrating.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Dont you see???? Look at the responses... there is either no desire or passion left to pursue it... Or there is a specific reason, that us "lower class" are to low on the totem pole to comprehend. The fix is in, IMHO!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Fully agreed on all counts. But it seems as if the tide is going out, so to speak.

I love this site and have no wish other than to be a respectful, contributing member. BUT, other concerns have precedence.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl

Fully agreed on all counts. But it seems as if the tide is going out, so to speak.

I love this site and have no wish other than to be a respectful, contributing member. BUT, other concerns have precedence.

Like a member who exposed himself as a stalker who traces IP addresses. I could care less about the best UFO thread I have ever seen thinking of an angry demon hunter stopping by my corner store to by a slurpie.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Carefull, apparently the op has fed the MODS a story that they believe. He is telling folks via U2U to "ask them" (the mods) the facts. "Go ahead ask them, they will tell you." Nothing to see here... Move on. My "get up and go" has "got up and gone". Happy hunting ATS'ers!!

This is cyclical... new site... FOR THE PEOPLE!!! gets too big.... now there has to be a new site ..REALLY for the people... It happens with everything.. Something gets to big.... it looses focus on the fundamentals. Then a "grass roots" site takes it's place... I guess it is unavoidable..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Evil incarnate.....

I will presume to make a comment because you & I have discussed this a little.....

Based on my interactions with the ATS Owners & Senior Mods over time, I think we might find the tactics & underpinning strategy being implemented in relation to this issue have good cause.

You might find the ATS Owners & Senior Mods are simply not able to say certain things about this, presently & perhaps even at some future time, within the context of the T&C's & the fundamental ethics of the site.

I have experienced complex ATS issues before.....in the end, ATS always seems to have done the "right thing".

Therefore, I for one am happy to "ease off" a little & let things run their course.

Mods:

I have made best efforts to stay within the T&C's in my above post. If despite my best efforts my above commentary is in any way outside the T&C's, please delete my post.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why does ATS Media keep issuing me passwords that don't work, i have gone through a half dozem and it is really frustrating. I sent in the e-mail notification, waited the 48 hours sand got no response. Can anyone help me with this dilemma?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Evil incarnate.....

Honestly.....I do think I get it.....

.....& my humble thoughts, for what they are worth, are that we need to give the ATS Team a little "space" whilst they sort all this out.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Evil incarnate.....

Honestly.....I do think I get it.....

.....& my humble thoughts, for what they are worth, are that we need to give the ATS Team a little "space" whilst they sort all this out.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Here is the good news! Skeptic Overlord has oft said it really isn’t that easy to get banned, providing members in question take the time to address staff concerns politely, fully and honestly, and people are willing (or at least say and pretend that they are) to learn from their mistakes.

So once again it really does say a lot about the over all character of the owners and the staff, and the pretty darn fair way that they try hard to run the site with.

Now having said that…while the jury is out for many regarding the member and thread in question, quite a few people have made up their minds regarding what is strong circumstantial evidence, but circumstantial nonetheless.

Yet once again let’s ponder the wisdom of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer. It could all be poppycock with yet more exaggerated bravado to create a persona for the benefit of self marketing himself on a niche, genre related site.

Yet if those claims are true, I for one think it’s better to keep such a then known quantity and quality in plain sight and dealing with them as a known quantity and quality as opposed just banishing them under one persona to have them crop up on another.

Yes it is disturbing to think that such professionals are plying ATS with such an agenda in mind, but if this proves to be the case in this case, in reality it merely confirms what most of us have long suspected anyway.

We aren’t the poorer for this but the richer, because if confirmed this gives us an excellent example to study as far as methodology and tactics being employed.

I myself think the staff and the ownership as always is doing a great job at handling this issue.

Let’s respect their proprietorship and professionalism and help provide them the chance to do what they do so well, run the best site on the Internet!

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join