It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What the

I just had to log in. I was logged in, but any thread I entered I was not anymore and I needed to log in again.

How is this possible. I never experienced that before.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Your cookie expired. Happens once every 30 days or so. Happened to me today as well.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Just out of curiosity, why does it do that? It doesn't make anything more secure.

I guess it encourages people to actually remember their passwords, but it seems like a bit of a hassle...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks

That would also explain the times I needed to log in again after I turned the PC off.
Amazing actually. My mind was thinking of the most unlikely scenarios.
Is it just an expired cookie.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Helloes ...

So I see you/we haz a new mantra on the side.

Relevant. Answers. Truth.

Very nice ... but for the acronym:

Mmkay.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Keep an eye out for the new Ed "Big Daddy" Roth forum.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Not wanting to be a pain, but I really don't understand why this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... was closed.

No-one was breaking T&C so where was the problem?

I understand why ATS would, and should, be concerned about the activities of the person who was the subject of the thread but the thread itself was harming no-one at all.

Don't want to make a massive deal about it, but I would like to understand the reasoning.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It was basically cross posting from another board.

The subject came up from the original OP, it was determined by staff that the thread had run it's course there was nothing more to discuss until Saturday comes and goes and lets see what happens.

Any threads on the subject will be closed.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I can understand that and appreciate your prompt reply.

My only other comment on it is that I thought the thread may have started discussing how such people detract from serious debate on Aliens /UFO's etc and their continued presence on You Tube and sites like this, but no problems at all,

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Didn't find it appropriate to create a whole new thread just to raise two issues I'm currently having.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

I seem to be having quite a delay in my apprentice status being changed to solid. I'm well beyond the requirements, and am uncertain on why it has not changed yet.

Also, after purchasing a solid black (hexadecimal code 000000) mini-profile background color, it has still not updated. I've now purchased it consecutively 3 times and am wondering what the delay in it updating is all about?

[edit on 7/9/2010 by agent violet]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
Also, after purchasing a solid black (hexadecimal code 000000) mini-profile background color, it has still not updated. I've now purchased it consecutively 3 times and am wondering what the delay in it updating is all about?

Hi agent violet,

I can't help you with your content contributor level since I don't remember what the level requirements are.

But as to your background color, I think you probably just need to remove the background image you have by entering the word "none" into the box for Mini Profile Background Image.

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Perfect! I will try that now. Thank you soo much

Edit to add: Worked like a charm thank you again!

[edit on 7/9/2010 by agent violet]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Glad to help!

BTW, I took a look at the content contribution levels in this thread. I suspect what might be happening is that it might actually take 51 flags to reach "solid contributor" level, and you have 50 as of right now. I know it says 50, but several things on the site seem to require that one extra to tip you over into new territory (for instance, although there's a 200-post requirement to use chat, as I understand it actually takes 201 posts).

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thank you soo much for taking the time to help!

*crosses fingers for 51st flag*

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just a minor thing to consider when the revamp takes place. When a Youtube video is embedded in a post I usually click the link under it so that I can view the video on Youtube's site rather than here. Sometimes the click opens YouTube in a new tab, but sometimes it knocks out the current ATS page from the existing tab. I hate when it does that. It should open in a new tab every time. Why does it sometimes do one thing, and sometimes another anyway??

Sometimes I use the right click on the mouse to ensure a new tab but sometimes I use a normal click. Its like Russian roulette -- never sure what the outcome will be.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

just wondering why I keep having a "ATS NEWS EXCLUSIVE" window popping up in my browser? It pops up every time I click on something....pretty annoying.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I haven't seen anything like that with any of the browsers I used today (Opera, Firefox and IE).

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Lucky you.

The rest of us are not always so lucky.

JFJ is right, it is annoying.

Edit:

JFJ, are you seeing this pop-up on pages other than the homepage?

I currently see it on the homepage only, is that different for you?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why would my threads:

MYSTERIES OF GENESIS

&

An Occult Interpretation of Genesis

Be deleted?

It was in Conspiracies in religion

And it was not moved to Faith & Spirituality in BelowTopSecret

Thanks

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jonah0julian

Hii jonah0julian! As a poster on your thread I have been wondering the same thing. I had wanted to respond to you and kept getting the usual 404 error.

Hope all is well

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join