It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Question.

I have been frequenting the oil threads. I located an article which seems to be pertinent to a number of them. I copied a paragraph and a list from the article and posted it to a thread, giving credit to the author, of course.

Since then, I have posted the same article on another thead, and a link to the article on a third thread.

Is this "cross-posting"?

Is this violating T&C?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I guess that may be considered "spamming".

1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

But I also think that's a question of context.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ouch. So then, what is cross-posting?
(Thanks, I really don't know)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

If you pretend to be Eddie Izzard.

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it too much liw ... when we get cycles where several threads surround a topic du jour, I imagine it isn't an issue to post the same knowledge when it is relevant to the thread topic. The rule I presume is mainly there to stop silly people from spamming the boards.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

Cross-posting is when you post here at ATS a link and copy and paste from another forum.

IE: You find something on the GLP forum - post the link here.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

lol! .... and thanks. One of the Mods on (some thread) mentioned to someone about cross-posting, and I didn't know what it was, so it occurred to me that maybe I was one of the perps, because of that article. It's really interesting by the way, perhaps I should leave a link here? j/k

And thanks for pimpin' your dog-like wisdom.

(I kinda miss that.)

Thanks to you too Armap, as ever. I'll try only to spam as necessary.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Ssst

We don't talk about banned members.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
A couple of us have just been disconnected from Chat and when tried to reconnect got the message saying 'Your nickname is in use.'

Then we could reconnect again afterwords we closed the window.

Hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

reply to post by ArMaP

Cross-posting is when you post here at ATS a link and copy and paste from another forum.

IE: You find something on the GLP forum - post the link here.

Oh! I had no idea. Now this I haven't done. I don't really post on any other forum. Thanks GEL.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Why can't we resize photos in the media section? If we can how do we do it? If not, well it would be a great feature. It gets annoying have to resize in photobucket and make a copy and then I have two copies of the pic on my computer and all so I can post a pic here. If there is an easier way to do this please help!

[edit on 6/12/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree... It really is such a hassle to have to upload all your pics twice.

I hope with the new, sparkly and hi-tech ATS launch imminent... that this has been taken into consideration.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi

Can anyone tell me if it is allowed to place a link to a torrent site for downloading a specific video ?

Kind regards

~ Sinter.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I can give you my interpretation of the T&C and a mod can correct me as appropriate.

If it's a video you made of a UFO for example, I personally don't see a problem with it, especially if the video is too big to upload to youtube at full resolution.

Not everyone knows how to use torrents though so if I were to do that I'd probably upload it to youtube also(Even if you upload a good copy, youtube lowers the quality, so people that want to see the full quality version would need to get the better version somewhere other than youtube, like a torrent, for example).

This question came up on a UFO thread where someone had a higher quality video than the youtube version and didn't know how to share it.

Obviously if it's not a video you personally made, be sure it's not copyrighted or that you have permission to share it if it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That's why I ask. is it considered sharing ?

I'm allowed to link to a site but when the site gives an opportunity to download a video... I'm not sure. It looks like a new movie. It tells about a conspiracy.
It is a documentary

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It depends on the documentary I think. James Fox came out with a documentary and someone posted the youtube version and ATS removed the youtube link right away so people would go buy the DVD instead. You definitely don't want to post any torrent links to anything like that. ATS respects the copyright holders requests.

Personally I wouldn't do it for a documentary unless the documentary is a free download and I have seen a few of those, but if that's the case I'd probably just link to the free download site instead.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Then I will not post it before I get confirmation of ATS staff.

Request to all mod's can Arbritageur answer be confirmed please ?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Hi

Can anyone tell me if it is allowed to place a link to a torrent site for downloading a specific video ?

Kind regards

~ Sinter.

No it would not be allowed according to the T&C if its executable:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

1j.) URL Links: You will not place a link on our site that initiates an automatic download oe execution of a file of any sort.

If its just a Torrent link, most Torrents are not legal copies - and that still goes against T&C.

You can always send it to me or another member of staff and we will check it out for ya and see if it would be ok to post

[edit on June 13th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hi thank you.

I will send it to you to have a look. When I return from my grandparents.

Thank you again

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi Staff is there a way we can upload a PDF document into your Files section?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join