It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yeah.

It's not like we even go and star all each others posts.

Or flag. I even have a thread with nothing at all.

I believe it is likely a safeguard to stop people from boosting themselves.
I don't really even care. I can live with it not changing as it is probably a wise idea to have such a system in place.

More a curiosity as to why sometimes it stops us, and sometimes it stops one of us, and sometimes both.

Cheers,
Pabs

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There's a typo in ATS Google results:

Discusion about [Thread Title] in the AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I am not happy.

A thread I was participating in was closed by a Mod, he said that we should discuss the issue in this thread. So I post the OP here, to bring it into the discussion. I then get docked 20 points for an excessive quote, which I can kind of understand as I quoted the whole OP, but then I get an EXTREME T&C VIOLATION. For what exactly?? I Have just done exactly as the Mod instructed. Can somebody please explain this to me?

For reference, this is the initial thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

In regards to this thread as well. Can we get a response to this issue instead of just having it thrown around to the next person on the conveyor belt?

Why is it that ATS allows those types of threads to continue operating even when it becomes clear that it is a trolling experiment?

Regards.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
I am not happy.

A thread I was participating in was closed by a Mod, he said that we should discuss the issue in this thread. So I post the OP here, to bring it into the discussion. I then get docked 20 points for an excessive quote, which I can kind of understand as I quoted the whole OP, but then I get an EXTREME T&C VIOLATION. For what exactly?? I Have just done exactly as the Mod instructed. Can somebody please explain this to me?

For reference, this is the initial thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Pryde87]

Originally posted by SimonGray
1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I dont see how this is an extreme T&C violation. You told us to bring up the issue here. YOU told us that. How am I supposed to bring up this issue on this board if I cant make a reference to the last thread. What difference does it make if I post the OP (as its easier for everyone to read in line with this thread) or the link to the original thread. I understand the member was banned for a different offence and he didnt ask me to post this, I did so because there were people who were interested in the discussion there before you closed the thread and wanted it to continue here.

It is exactly this kind of heavy handed modding that people are complaining about. Its ruining the website in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Your very own rule shows that Pryde was within T&C.

Pryde was not a post-by-proxy for the other member, but he simply copied what was already in a thread that still exists. You asked them to bring the subject to this board.

Answer their questions instead of ignoring them and casting a stumbling block for them to violate the T&C.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Perhaps a little bit of a nit, but with 40 applauses now, shouldn't my "this one is aware" label change to the next level "this is a critical mind"?

Thanks in advance ...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I think it will change when you get the next one.
Just like flags. The blue bar grows when you get one extra.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I think it will change when you get the next one.
Just like flags. The blue bar grows when you get one extra.

Well, this thread says:

"this is a critical mind" - 40 or more applause

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well I got my first status once I reached 19 applauses for some reason.

Not sure why of course but It seems some of the statuses are off but only slightly off.

You should receive your next status after you get one more applause.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, that thread is off by one. It goes for contribution level as well as applause. It technically takes +1 instead of the 0 before you switch over. So 21, 41, etc., instead of 20, 40, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Another "feature request" that will be ignored with all my others.

As of late, there seems to be an increasingly negative vibe around here. Inasmuch as reasons have been given in the past for why it isn't "prudent" I suggest if you want to retain membership and prevent the high-fivin' promotion of polarizing threads you will EMPOWER members to have an EQUAL VOICE.

Every member should have the right/privelege to Un-Flag a thread in order to have their (albeit silent) voices heard much the same way posters who Flag do. Threads that maintain high star count would garner more credibility, IMO.

By only offering a one-way street of sorts you foster the "circle-jerks" that we see on an ever increasing basis. I realize that your coding is well on it's way for the fancy new redux, but as someone who stops by less and less just wanted to share one of my honest reasons why.

Please take this suggestion with a granular of your favorite salt substitute.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
As of late, there seems to be an increasingly negative vibe around here. Inasmuch as reasons have been given in the past for why it isn't "prudent" I suggest if you want to retain membership and prevent the high-fivin' promotion of polarizing threads you will EMPOWER members to have an EQUAL VOICE.

Every member should have the right/privelege to Un-Flag a thread in order to have their (albeit silent) voices heard much the same way posters who Flag do. Threads that maintain high star count would garner more credibility, IMO.

Umm this is a discussion board, doesn't expressing your "opinion" on a thread silently defeat the purpose

Why not add a well thought out, constructive post to add to the thread and have your voice heard that way?

I guess I don't understand.

BTW, you're not ignored, S.O. is very busy these days and can't answer each and every request for a suggestion. I'm sure that he and the rest of staff see them though.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It looks like they would like to ignore this issue. First the thread got closed, I got fined for attempting to bring it to notice again and now it is being ignored. Its a shame.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is the ATS Issues thread, not, "I wanna complain about the moderators" thread. That's what the Complaints/Suggestions function is for.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is the ATS Issues thread, not, "I wanna complain about the moderators" thread. That's what the Complaints/Suggestions function is for.

Mirth directed people to this thread via his own link for their question.

No one is trying to complain about the moderators. People are just waiting for an answer to the question posed in the thread that Mirth shut down and then referred people to this thread to pose the same question.

Then Pryde posed the same question and then the post was deleted and he was penalized.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Having been in similar situations on a couple before it is my experience Mods/Staff etc have always given an answer, eventually.

It may take a lot of perseverance, but they'll answer....it may not be the reply you want or expect, but they usually answer one way or another.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Thank you, thats exactly my point. I dont see why the original thread had to be closed in the first place, there were some valid points being made there.

Mirth, I am not impressed with the way you have treated me or the other members today. Its very unprofessional.

Now that we have done as you said and raised the issue here, would you like to comment on it?

top topics

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join