It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have an issue. Can someone please go over something with "Da Mods".

When you move a thread can you PLEASE take the extra 3 seconds to put in a personal comment...Maybe a short note on why you felt it should have been moved.

When I have to ask it looks like I'm complaining.

I am, however, complaining right now

for example, the auto u2u received when it happens-

It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man... which was originally posted in the General Conspiracies forum, to the Predictions & Prophecies forum. ****** has initiated this action, and included this message about it:

Your thread is still available here, This U2U was automatically generated when your thread was moved, please contact *******

See that blank part? Type something short and sweet there Mods.

This happens often. I can understand the moving part, just not the no explanation part....

Thank You.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey I kinda think that's a good idea.
Just to make it little less formal.

Edit

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey Sig ...

I'm not familiar with how site code works, but I'm pretty sure that the U2U you get when a thread is moved is automatically generated when staff hits a "move thread to" type skittle. Thus it isn't part of an actual composed U2U that the staff member can add to. That is of course my suspicion as I really don't know how these things work.

Plus it stands to reason that the reason behind a thread move from one forum to another is self evident and pretty much always the same ... namely that they believe the thread was posted in the wrong forum. I imagine most times folks don't mind having their threads moved to the appropriate forum, should they I believe they are encouraged to contact the staff member for further clarification. Otherwise, if staff instigated the convo every time they move a thread I imagine that they'd never have time to log off, for these things I imagine tend to drag out a little.

Heck, I had kinglizard busy for three days once just cause he movered mah thread to BTS.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

We're using telepathy to explain the move to you. If you can't hear it, work on your telepathy.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks SD,

If the U2U is automatically generated then they should remove the comment section. Read the example I posted above ^.

And don't get me started on why threads are moved sometimes
Overnight one time I had a thread moved 3 different places by 3 different Mods, none gave an explanation. I felt like it was dodgeball and I was the ball.

Recently I've noticed a pattern though. It's always the same perps moving my threads around, often to BTS. Shame on them. They know who they are.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hi

I've got a question about the ATS chat.

Is there a reason why it does not work with Opera ?
Has anyone else the same problem with opera ?

I only get the ATS logo and a full gray screen.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Sorry to take up bandwidth here but I'd like to escalate my prior suggestion which received no response.

I kindly request ATS devote a forum to the ongoing Gulf Oil catastrophe as was done with Swine Flu. There are many existing threads and new ones added daily. It is increasingly difficult to stay abreast.

Thanks for your consideration.

I second

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That also happens to me, with Opera 10.53, but as I do not use chat it's not really a problem to me.

But it shows that there are at least two members using Opera.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Plus it stands to reason that the reason behind a thread move from one forum to another is self evident and pretty much always the same ... namely that they believe the thread was posted in the wrong forum. I imagine most times folks don't mind having their threads moved to the appropriate forum, should they I believe they are encouraged to contact the staff member for further clarification.

Sorry to disagree. Often times a thread is moved to BTS because it is not deemed "important" enough for ATS. I witnessed this on NUMEROUS occasions and not just with my own. Talk about shrinkage.

That is a sure-fire thread killer....My.02¢

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Does that mean I'll have to go with chrome ?

I'm just getting familiar with opera.

Never ever going back to IE. That's for sure.

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I hope not, Opera is very good, but unfortunately there are very few web pages that work exactly as they should in all browsers, so people only care about those that they think are the most used, and Opera is almost always ignored.

But you can be sure that this will not be forgotten.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Does that mean I'll have to go with chrome ?

I'm just getting familiar with opera.

Never ever going back to IE. That's for sure.

Thanks

Dude, one word................ Firefox. Ask anyone.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi ...
I was wondering if someone more informed about stuff than myself could help me understand something.

I have been following the Source A revealed! thread with both interest and confusion for it seems to require a lot of background knowledge of all the participants in order to fully appreciate.

Noticing that it has been placed in the hoax forum I was wondering ... was it placed there because the RU "exposé/article" is a hoax or because it is accurate and "Source A" is a hoax?

Not questioning the move in any way mind you, just trying to understand what is actually happening as I am honestly lost.

Any help and/or clarification would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hey Sdog. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I thought this would be a good opportunity to bring it up. First off, I don't know. Secondly, wouldn't a Complaint/Suggestion have been better than posting here as the only people that can answer your question is staff? Well, not me.

I've just seen this a lot man and took this time to point it out. I hope you don't mind.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Okayz ... I'm sorry, I wasn't really sure where the right place was and I didn't want to post it on the thread itself ... I was just trying to figure out who is hoaxing meez and why I should care.

My apologies.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

No apologies necessary. It's been an ongoing issue and I picked on you because I didn't think it would bother you. Anyone has to apologize it's me.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

No apologies necessary. It's been an ongoing issue and I picked on you because I didn't think it would bother you. Anyone has to apologize it's me.

Didn't they teach you not to show fear or admit mistakes in CIA school Intrepid?

You know we can smell that stuff right?

On topic:

Any news on ATS 2010?

Skeptic has been noticebly absent from the forums as of late.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Didn't they teach you not to show fear or admit mistakes in CIA school Intrepid?

You know we can smell that stuff right?

Yeah but I'm a "nice" spook.

On topic:

Any news on ATS 2010?

Skeptic has been noticebly absent from the forums as of late.

~Keeper

Wish I could tell you man but I don't know. With the Boss being so absent I think we can lean towards something spectacular though.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude, one word................ Firefox. Ask anyone.

Better not ask me, I prefer Opera.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

"Nice" spook?

Kind of an oxy moron...

I agree though, if he's been gone this long he's certainly working himself hard and I look very much forward to the redesign...

~Keeper

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join