It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It's still April where I am.

Could happen any second now!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

It's still April where I am.

Could happen any second now!!

Let the countdown begin...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's still april, there's still about 17 hours to ago.

BTW, historic traffic high is on the front page again. How did that happen?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Reminder: This is the ATS Issues Thread. Keep the chit-chatting to a minimum.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There are some very-tricky code-based issues being worked through now, but we're hopeful for a beta-test version for our staff to use by the end of the month, then a full-release some time in April.

Perhaps we are simply curious? (Yeah I realize what it meant to the cat.)

Updates appreciated.

Thanks

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by Hellmutt

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There are some very-tricky code-based issues being worked through now, but we're hopeful for a beta-test version for our staff to use by the end of the month, then a full-release some time in April.

Perhaps we are simply curious? (Yeah I realize what it meant to the cat.)

Updates appreciated.

Thanks

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

This is from the 21st of April...from SO.

The new ATS is about 90% complete. However, we're now reviewing several new (some costly) options to deploy a very-robust search option... some of which may offer some integration capabilities that may require some recoding of what has already been completed. So until we've finalized the new search tool, we're holding steady at 85%.

Source

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We need a re-organization of BTS forum topics. We need topics that cover a wide reange of variety. Tons of different hobbies and sports. Stuff everyone can use. More topics people can talk about. I think BTS should be organized different the what ATS looks like, give it its own look besides a copy of what ATS looks like.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i hate the way there are so many coconuts and no pineapples

i really like pineapples

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The same mod repeatedly removes my posts - I added "her" to my foes list as not to mention by name.

Both posts were a rebuttal from a known skeptic that bullies and slams anyone and everyone that posts on similar subject matter.

Why are you protecting a known nuisance to all that DO CONTRIBUTE here?

Thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

This "mod" had prior hostilities to me before they had mod-status.

Is there a way to complain about an issue with a mod or do you see it as the customer is always wrong in these decisions?

It is a double standard - and if I were to outline the equivalent or more types at posts in my threads directed at me - well there'd be a lot of "POST REMOVED" plastered in those threads?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Click "member tools" and then "submit suggestion"

Your submission will be reviewed by the entire staff.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
[edit on 2-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I just noticed that my 14K + ATS and Bts points are gone, why didi that happen? I did recieve some of the points from the Tinwiki when it was up and running, have anything to do with that?
Little help please?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Mmm ... on your "public profile" it shows you have:

ATS Points: 22688
BTS Points: 1022

I had to highlight the ATS points bit because the letters are red and you have a red background.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

"I see!!" said teh blind ATSer as he continued trying to remove the foot from his mouth!! LOL

"RED" who would have thought.
Thanks Schrodingersdog, with out your insightfulness and quick response, I was prepared to start going to "Adult freind finder" AAAaahhhhh!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
The same mod repeatedly removes my posts - I added "her" to my foes list as not to mention by name.

Not so. I just removed another of your posts that was off topic. I looked at that thread, per your complaint here and what I saw was YOU trolling another member.

*snip*

Why don't you let the staff take care of the board and you wouldn't be off topic so often?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well I guess I'll post elsewhere that values valid contribution.

Lesson learn't.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Springer, ScepticOverlord or any other admin. or mod.

Can you please tell us why there is a delay in the New Layout 2010 ?

Is there any new time schedule you can give us ?

Pretty please ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I have yet to see any software development that is launched on the originally proposed date, there's always something unexpected happening or some new problem appearing.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

How surprising

Maybe in the future they should say:
It will maybe released around ... month. Could be longer cause everything could delay us.

Cause patience is not really a virtue I'm blessed with. The enthusiasm would kill a healthy person within days of the first announcement.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: "The following is my opinion and is not in any way meant to attack, vilify or discredit any member of ATS or any Staff member of ATS, including posters on ATS, and including staff and management on ATS"

Maybe it is just my opinion, or maybe it is the way i look at things, but i have recently seen an even more obvious "Elitism' on ATS.

From being attacked virulently by another poster, to getting a 1300 point fine for responding (not violently!, but maybe in a "ridiculing" way), all these point to a most obvious conclusion.

Some on ATS can get away with murder!

Counter claims of ATS staff to the contrary, there is a general allowance of longer-term members to flaunt the rules.

All I am asking is some leeway, some breathing space, some general human decency in dealing with these irregular events, honestly, justifiably, and with a modicum of professionalism.
I came close to leaving this site forever, but I like it so much (for it's insight and knowledge) that i have decided that maybe I can live with 'some' elitism, and maybe i should pull my head in.

Thanks to the Mods and Staff for your excellent site

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join