It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Nevermind

[edit on 22-2-2010 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
G'day

Can I access more of my posts than the 250 on the profile -> posts page?

If so, how?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
i have u2ud the mod in the alternative substance forum, i have also u2ud skeptic

i made a thread in the alternative substance forum that does not abuse ats policy in any way

that thread has been closed

another member made a thread asking for legal advice about his situation after he got caught with illegal substances on him

that thread is left open

that is just one example

there is blatant abuse in the way policy is enforced, according to current ats policy i in no way violated ats policy and mine was closed, yet this other thread and many others that CLEARLY violate ats policy are left open yet mine was closed within an hour

this really needs to be looked into

edited to provide links

my thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the quote of t and c from the mod at the bottom of the thread indicates nothing that is applicable to my thread which is the thread in question

it does not speculate, it does not talk about personal use, it doesnt advocate or speak about legalization in any way its not about recreational use
the thread is about facts from medical scientific research utilizing FDA standards from a state sponsored group that has found information that they have proven to be true that goes against popular belief

which according to what was quoted by the mod is the exact type of topic we are allowed to post about yet mine is closed

violating thread

asks for legal advice regarding personal use, the thread advocates legalization, basically clearly violates every single part of ats policy yet it is left open for over 3 pages when mine was closed within an hour

the threads are right next to each other

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

heres another thread violating t and c, its not even in the alternative substance forum

the main topic is about how russia is upset about LAWS not being enforced

its about how they are mad because those in power are allowing the cultivation and production of drugs to take place

that is clearly about legal issues and yet we can talk about that, when ats policy says we are not allowed to talk about legal issues yet my thread that does not talk about legal issues, or anything else that violates current ats policy and my thread gets closed

just another example, all one has to do is look in the alternative substance forum to find many more

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

All threads in the forum are clearly labeled with this: "This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning. This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use."

I'm not seeing many that contradict the stated purpose. However, don't assume that our staff is able to see and review every post as it happens. It's much more productive to alert our staff, rather than seek to create public drama over perceived irregularities in which threads are allowed, and which are not.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You could maybe do away with the one line reply prohibition . There has been many an epic one liner , Houston , we have a problem . I came, I saw , I conquered. etc . Sometimes one liners say a whole lot more than paragraphs of drivel.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

Hi There,

The issue of the One-Liner has been mentioned a few times in the past.

Its not so much about the 'One Liner' being the issue - rather its the content of that One-Liner.

I agree with you - sometimes one line, one word even, says it all.

However...when its something like 'You're nuts' or 'I disagree' or 'yeah what he said' or a smilie, then no, that's when the One-Liner Rule gets enforced.

There is flexibility...it isn't as hard and fast as it being literally a reply comprising of only one line. If that one line is deemed meaningful...then chances are it'll stand in good stead...

...hint for those that do it: Adding 'second line' after your one line, yeah, that's pretty much stamping a great big 'delete me' sign on the reply...

Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This post is about mikesingh's thread The CIA/MOSSAD, AMAN/DIA did 9/11! [BASED ON KNOWN HOAXES which was moved to HOAX section. Yesterday I happen to go over the thread and analysed the reasons why the thread was moved to HOAX section. I am presenting my analysis here hoping the Mod's/ Admin's can reviews the thread again whether it was correctly judged as being a HOAX or not.

Here is my conclusion. Before that let me tell everyone I only went till page 8 as it was then the thread was moved to hoax bin so the evidence should have been posted in previous pages. I only noted rebuttals where source was given to back up their rebuttals as it should be in my opinion.

Mikesinghs claims: I have numbered each claim mentioned in OP.

Claim 1.* Who leased the WTC only seven weeks before 9/11? - Silverstein was personal friends with media baron Rupert Murdoch, former Israeli President, Ariel Sharon, as well as Benjamin Netanyahu.

Claim 2.* Who Was Leased The Retail Area Beneath The WTC? - Frank Lowy = A member of the Golani Brigade, he fought in the Israeli war of independence. Lowy steered clear of the WTC on 9/11.

Claim 3.* Who Ran Security At All Three Airports Of The “Alleged” Hijackings? = The Security company, ICTS International / Huntsleigh USA (wholly owned subsidiary) was in charge of security ops at these airports. These were owned by Ezra Harel and Menachem Atzmon. Both Israeli Jews. It has a mix of security experts and Israeli intelligence.

Claim 4. *Who had the contract to run security at the WTC? = Kroll Associates owned by Jules Kroll who is Jewish. Kroll was run by Jerome Hauer also Jewish whose mother is an honorary president of the Daughters of Zion movement that is one of the central Zionist organizations involved in the creation and maintenance of the State of Israel.

Claim 5. * Were Jews Forewarned Of The Attacks? - Israeli instant messaging company, Odigo, admitted that two of its employees received instant messages warning of an impeding attack 2 hours prior to the first plane hitting.

Claim 6.* out of the 4000 Israeli Jews believed to work in the trade towers, only ONE died that day.

Claim 7.* Israeli ZIM Integrated Shipping Services Forewarned. - ZIM, an Israeli company, vacated its office (10,000 square feet) in the North WTC tower a few days before 9/11, breaking its lease, losing $50,000 in the process. (Michael Dick, who was investigating Israeli spying before and after 9/11 and looking into the suspicious move, was removed from his duties by the head of the Justice Department’s criminal division, Michael Chertoff.

Claim 8.* The Dancing Israelis. Five Israelis, were caught in multiple places filming, and cheering the attacks. These men admitted being mossad agents. Their names were Sivan & Paul Kurzberg, Yaron Schmuel, Oded Ellner, & Omer Marmari. CIA agent Robert Baer confirmed their cameras were set up BEFORE the first plane struck!

Claim 9.* Who Could Possibly Remote Control Planes Into The Towers? - Dov Zakheim’s System Planning Corporation – remote airplane control technology. He is an Orthodox Jew. The SPC Corporation provided the flight termination system and command transmitter system, the technology that allows planes to be remote controlled should the pilots be incapacitated or the plane hijacked. So what else does the SPC Corp do?

Claim 10. * Who Quickly Shipped Off The WTC Metal Overseas? Alan D. Ratner’s Metals Management and the SIMS group. Ratner is Jewish. Over 50,000 tons of crime scene evidence steel to a Chinese company at $120 per ton; Ratner had obtained them for $70 per ton.

Claim 11. * Who Conducted The 9/11 Investigations? - Alvin K. Hellerstein Michael B. Mukasey Michael Chertoff Kenneth Feinberg Benjamin Chertoff Stephen Cauffman

Claim 12. * Who Wrote The Fraudulent 9/11 Commission Report? - Philip Zelikow (Jewish Dual Citizen of Israel).

Claim 13. * Former Italian PM says Mossad did 9/11.

Claim 14. * Why did 9/11 happen? = Netanyahu says 9/11 was “good” for Israel! The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on reported that Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.

=============xx=============xx==========xx========
Rebuttals: of
Claim 6:
By Crauker in this post - allow me to debunk the nonsense of the one dead jew theory www.snopes.com...
Conclusion - Accurately debunked and proved claim 6 as hoax.
Claim 5:
in this post Crauker offers this source - www.911myths.com... - It does not say accurately whether the workers received message about location of attack as WTC or not. They use the word

"Still, the message did predict the attack, right? "Maybe" not."
and cite their source as www.rense.com... which says "Source Not Specified"
Conclusion - They may or may not have been notified about WTC but they did receive a msg. 2 hrs prior. Not debunked.
Claim 8:
Post by dman offers this source www.911myths.com... against Setting up the camera BEFORE 9/11 - The source posts a eyewitness account which says

"MARIA: Like a few minutes must have gone on, and all of a sudden down there I see this van park. And I see three guys on top of the van, and I'm trying, you know, to look at the building but what caught my attention, they seemed to be taking a movie."

Conclusion: The source does not claim verified proof that the camera was setup before or not, thus the camera may or may not have been planted before. Not debunked.

The above 3 are the only sourced rebuttals offered against mikesingh's 14 claims posted in the OP.
Final Conclusion: Out of 14 claims 1 debunked. Remaining 13 NOT debunked. The thread was moved to hoax section because 1 claim (Claim 6) was rebutted is my guess.

=============================================

The below rebuttals were offered against mikesingh even though they were not said in OP thus couldn't be taken into account as thread being hoax.

Unrelated OP claim1
rebuttal by wheedwhackerhttp: post regarding FAA tapes which was not cited in OP but in later post by mikesingh. wheedwhacker agrees the tapes were destroyed but states they were printed on transcript citing this source www.gwu.edu...
Conclusion - It does not tell us why the tapes were destroyed which was the original point of mike singh but since this was not cited in OP we can discount both the claims and rebuttal.

Unrelated OP claim2 rebuttal by Swampfox46_1999 in this post . This user shows rebuttal source under mikesingh's name "no passenger manifests " which mikesingh did not said at all in any of his posts on the thread.
Conclusion: Rebuttal discredited as was not claimed by mikesingh.
=============================================

As we can see out of 14 claims only 1 claim was proven as Hoax, so is it enough to move the entire thread into Hoax section? Perhaps I am mistaken in my analysis, if so I hope my mistake can be corrected.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

heres another thread violating t and c, its not even in the alternative substance forum

the main topic is about how russia is upset about LAWS not being enforced

its about how they are mad because those in power are allowing the cultivation and production of drugs to take place

that is clearly about legal issues and yet we can talk about that, when ats policy says we are not allowed to talk about legal issues yet my thread that does not talk about legal issues, or anything else that violates current ats policy and my thread gets closed just another example, all one has to do is look in the alternative substance forum to find many more

Hi I noticed that thread was made by myself. I certainly believe the thread belongs to ATS because there are many conspiracy angles into it.

Conspiracy 1: As the article puts Russia position that drugs may have been used to destabilize Russia and that region by CIA/ NATO

Conspiracy 2: Many people believe CIA black ops. are being funded through Drug trade.

Conspiracy 3: Poppy farms are being used to finance Taliban & Al Qaeda

Conspiracy 4: Karzai brother is said to be running the whole drug business and laundering the money to Dubai.

Conspiracy 5: Russia and China want to control the Afghanistan drug trade.

Conspiracy 6: Iran is supporting the Afghan poppy farmers against NATO efforts.

I can go on and on with many more scenario of many angles to conspiracies on International and domestic stage. I hope I have been able to tell you my point of view friend.

I also would like to state that many times my threads have also been closed or moved and at that time I did not realised that my threads were against T&C and thought I was being targeted just like yourself but later when I thought in detail about it I found the Mods correct in their decision. Everyday is a learning experience my friend. So do not be discouraged, just follow T&C and have fun

See you around.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
G'day

I might ask my question again.....it seems to have been buried in passing traffic

Can I access more of my posts than the 250 on the profile -> posts page?

If so, how?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I unsubscribe from my subscribed threads almost on a daily basis so I'm not sure anymore since my count no longer gets very high but I think this link should give a few more:

They just won't be in chronological order like on your profile page.

Sorry if that tally is no longer what it used to be. I haven't been able to see how many posts that keeps lately since I'm usually not subscribed to more than 20 threads at a time.

Try it and see, though. It also isn't repeated like in your post list. For instance, if you post 10 times to one thread, that will take up 10 posts from your 250. But on the above link, I think it only counts as 1 regardless of how many times you posted to the thread.

And it won't link you to your direct posts but it will at least contain the threads where you posted.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

G'day AshleyD

Thank you for your usual very helpful approach to our questions, no matter how minor they are

I will look at all that in detail.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So is this the thread where I can whine, moan n groan about my gosh
darn diddly ol thread getting moved and how I just really don't under-
stand why. Especially when one Moderator sends me an applause saying
keep up the good work and for your magnificent contribution to our
forum. How the, I'll be a dad gum huckleberry if I'm supposed to see how
there are any guidelines they're going by.

If it comes down to wheather all the Mods have to like your thread, and like you personally on top
of following the guidelines. Which from what just happened seems to be
the case. Hey, I won't complain, I just want to be informed of that.
I think I have a right to know that much because I put my time into it
for it just to be at the mercy of someones likes or dislikes that may be
a possible dislike from some opinion formed before the thread of
concern was ever even concieved.

Lil peaved. no tears yet though.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just because it was moved it doesn't mean that was not worthy of an applause, just that it was thought that the forum in which it was posted was not the more appropriate for the subject.

As I do not know what happened, I think the best choice is to contact the moderator that moved the thread or to post a complaint.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

reply to post by AshleyD

Hi, can any Mod's/ Admins. look into my post above? A reply for the same would be appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you so much.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Having my name removed from a friends list from a banned member.
This is not a complaint just a simple question.Not for a reason or bashing or whatever.

Is it possible ?

While I'm at it.
Why is the first letter M from member Usually written with a capital M and some times with a normal m ?

Now I'd like to pay some respects !

Keep up the good work !
I never saw it being done better !

Ps. Don't forget my questions. Please ?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
nvm edited...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I'm sorry I'm not following you.

Help me out will ya. What sre you pointing at?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Don't worry abt it mate, edited my previous post. Got carried away in some thinking.

Cheers*

[edit on 6-3-2010 by December_Rain]

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join