It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Probably best to read this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Explains pretty much what you need to know...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ahh that’s pretty cool because I couldn’t get on a while ago and was wondering why and now I can

is it something to do with a certain amount of posts to gain access or something?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Okay, thanks for the info. It's clear to me now that ya'll can see the forum but my computer cannot, also I've noticed the ads across the top and side are blank. Sooooo...it means I have to get on the phone with Microsoft tech...darn. I can't stand Vista.

Thanks for ya'lls help,

STM

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

When you click on it are you getting a 404 error

as far as i know if you are then its the site thats blocking you.

If its something else then it may be your computer like you said.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Any chance of an "Image resizing" option in ATS media?

It's really frustrating that i can't upload my pics straight to ATS... have to faff about resizing elsewhere, then saving to my laptop, then uploading again to ATS

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What happened to the motto for this web site "deny ignorance"?

It no longer appears on logos and I can't find it anywhere.

Is it obsolete, if so, why?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hi B

I think there used to be a BB code to do that which was included in the picture code but I don't know how or if that is still usable with pics uploaded to the media portal.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this, I may be wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add:

Here you go, this is what you are looking for I think:

Resizing a pic

Not sure how this applies because it's a few years old but worth a look.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Cheers mate.
I think now because we can't embed pictures (have to go through the rigmarole of uploading to media centre) that those tips wont work?

It is very annoying because if you have more than a couple of pictures... it takes like an hour.

Cheers for the help though dude.

I wont be holding my breath for an answer on here though.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

you can always use photobucket for multiple uploads, and copy/paste the image code provided in the individual pictures.

EXAMPLE:

['img]linktopicture.jpg[/img']

But without the '

[edit on 1/8/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Cheers mate.

I had 30 pics of the snow... ranging from 1.8mb to 3.4mb.... so i can upload them there, but then i wanted them in my ATSMedia section too.... so would have to then save the resized copy back to my pc....so i end up with 2 copies of every pic... one big version, one resized.

Cheers for the tips though.

I used to use the [ IMG ] thingy..... but i know they don't like us doing it, so oh well.... whatever.

I'll wait until they implement the resizing feature in the media section... it's only pics of snow anyway, not like we don't have enough already.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

NP.

Yea it beats the media portal. there should be some kind of multiple upload feature, and automatic resizing. You can just upload the raw pictures onto PB, and then Upload the re-sized ones on the portal. you can always erase the re-sized ones since the photos will be on ATS, and FB, and you can re-download them.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
You can just upload the raw pictures onto PB, and then Upload the re-sized ones on the portal. you can always erase the re-sized ones since the photos will be on ATS, and FB, and you can re-download them.

But you see my issue?

It's a hassle.... I've done it for most of my photo's in my media section.
Just getting a little sick of doing it.... why should i have to do everything twice?
And then delete stuff... if it was one pic then no probs at all.... but for multiple images, It's more hassle than it's worth.

Not like a resizing option is a big deal really?

Anyway, cheers dude.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I guess we just have to wait for the next stage of the ATS 2010 questions, when we are asked what new features we want.

I am making my list.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

While I know it's a wonderful convenience to have auto image sizing I would like to point out that we don't have the budget, and certainly don't have the manpower of FB or Photobucket.

We are three guys with a volunteer staff who work long hours keeping this machine going and growing.

We would LOVE to have all the bells and whistles, if it was a matter of a $150.00 plug in that took 30 minutes to code in we'd have it. It's not.

There's LOTS of things on the wish list for our media portal (which is barely a year old I might add), it's all about money and time, both of which are in short supply.

Springer...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Not like a resizing option is a big deal really?

To add to what Mark said... it's not a small deal either.

Which is not to say it's not a good idea, or it's not on our own wish-list of nice-to-haves in the near future... such an add-on feature is simply not near the top of current priorities, but will be some day.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A tech savvy staffer has been alerted to these u2u issues.

Thanks for bringing it to their attention.

Not to be a pain in the buttocks, but could you get that tech savvy staffer to post an update here? I'd say have them send me a U2U, but... you know.

Also, just to make this problem clear - it isn't limited to U2Us. I also can't access my account settings, password/email change, old upload space, ATS store, or the submit suggestion feature.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by vox2442]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Cheers for responses Armap, Mark And Bill.

Much Appreciated.

I was a little frustrated because I'd spent like an hour doing about 10-15 pictures and just had enough.

Again, thanks and i do understand and appreciate that you're not IS or PB.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You could always create a new photobucket folder with all the pics and then one montage of small pics to post on ATS with a link to the PB folder.

That way people can see the full size originals if they want but you won't have the rigmaroll of resizing them all.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Cheers mate, I appreciate your help.

To be honest though, I'm not really that eager to get them on here any more and i don't think anyone is really that fussed about seeing them either.

Snow is the Topic Du Jour at the moment right?

Cheers though Nerbs... you're a good'un

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good Saturday morning. I would like to post my favorite threads on my profile page, and am clueless.

Would someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join