It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
What are you trying to say with all these posts, B.Morrison?

I was trying to have a conversation....but whatever.
read into it what you want..

I was trying to show memoryshock that it was possibility, simple as that. I'm suprised at the kind of strong reactions i've gotten so far by fellow ATSers, when as far as I can see, I wasn't saying anything that outlandish. I only heard about the anti ats movement this morning, learnt about it directly from a skeptic overlord post, and then I'm not allowed to comment on it? I was just sharing what was on my mind, nothing more, nothing less.

Also all my posts were sort of on the same topic, but discussing totally different aspects of the whole thing, why are you telling me that 'all these posts' were working toward some common goal? it kind of doesn't make any sense.

originally posted by MajorDisaster
Probably the only person with the access to do that would be S.O., and I would think he would have much better things to be doing with his time than playing around with sockpuppet identities, changing their registration dates and giving them extra points etc

Like, building a successful business and stuff

with all due respect the only opinion I care about in this particular context is that of the owners and mods.

Also you have an edit button, perhaps you could have edited your first post to include your second 'point' rather than the double post.

originally posted by schrodingers dog
Mmm, first peeps thread NC posts from stuffu... and now RU references?

What a coinkiedinkie!

I don't appreciate what you are insinuating in that post, not by any stretch of the imagination. As stated in other posts of mine here, S.O is the person who informed me of the anti ATS movement via his posts & threads, I wanted to comment on it, I have now. Your feelings toward me might be more valid if I was behaving like the people running the anti ATS threads on other sites, which quite obviously I am not.

originally posted by Hot_Wings
My “Issue” as of late is the fact that this thread has spun off into a debate forum about conjecture concerning the owners....etc

that certainly wasn't my intent and I'm sorry if you feel that it was.
But if you are indeed lumping me into the same category as

the very people who are whining about being censored are whining, accusing, and conjecturing in the wrong place.

that would just be plain wrong. if you re-read my posts without bias, you will see I was/am NOT 'out to get anyone' and simply wanted an answer & some discussion, I got what I wanted, I'm satisfied for now & the foreseeable future.

Kind regards to all concerned, I hope we can all see reason and not jump to conclusions & just collectively move on from this silly finger pointing.

-B.M

P.S) the core behind everything I wrote here today, is as simple as
"an uneducated choice, isn't a choice at all"

Its weird that while the mods+S.O had no problems at all with what I was asking or anything I wrote here (which was the expected & appropriate reaction to my posts)

a handful of members felt the need to 'chip in' & inform me of all my wrong doings....

[edit on 23/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by B.Morrison
I specifically refer to the quoted text. I would like some evidence either way to the validity of the statement, the accuracy of it.

It's completely inaccurate and has no basis in fact.

A lot happens here... every day. It's impossible to comment on years-old incidents for which I may not have even been aware at the time of occurrence.

Thankyou very much for your reply, that was all I was seeking, some clarification from someone who would actually know.

I choose to trust you.
you have yet to give me a reason not to.

but equally I am no fool and will not back down due to pressure from other ATS members, that would just be wrong.

I did think it probably was inaccurate because A.) lack of sources, and B.) I would figure that sort of change couldn't be done.
I would imagine the registered date of joining ATS would indeed be 'unchangeable'.

Kind regards,
-B.M

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Symbology does not denote affiliation. True logic statement there...

It does during the process of lucid dreaming. true logic statement there

hehe..

Now we can talk about subjective/objective relevance to the individual/collective...

I would freaking love to enter that discussion but apparently other ATSers aren't appreciating the detraction from the topic of this thread, which unfortunately for me isn't symbolism and the subconscious mind, and to further our conversation here, would most likely constitute T&C violation, keep an eye out for a thread on that topic if I can figure a decent enough way of reigniting the discussion, and we can talk about it there

P.L.U.R.I (i don't say it enough these days)
-B.M

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I did think it probably was inaccurate because A.) lack of sources, and B.) I would figure that sort of change couldn't be done.
I would imagine the registered date of joining ATS would indeed be 'unchangeable'.
-B.M

No, anything in a database can be changed, but it would require logging into the data server and modifying the data directly, and as I said, probably the only person with the access to do it would be SO, unless he grants the necessary permissions to others.

But if he were involved in tampering with members' profile data, do you really think he'd just come out and admit it?

So it's kind of a pointless accusation to make without any evidence - and probably insulting to SO too....

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

So it's kind of a pointless accusation to make without any evidence - and probably insulting to SO too....

The issue has been dealt with, leave it alone. I don't need or appreciate your opinion and S.O is a grown man, If he was insulted, he can tell me himself. Everyone just back right [snip] alright? I don't need this.

-B.M

[edit on 23/12/09 by B.Morrison]

censor circumvention removed

[edit on 24/12/09 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Whoa, no need to get your knickers in a twist and start dropping the F-bomb there, bud!

I was just trying to answer your questions. You were asking if a member's registration date could be changed or extra points added, and the short answer is yes, they could be. Anything in a database can be changed.

Does knowing that make you feel any better though?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by B.Morrison

Whoa, no need to get your knickers in a twist and start dropping the F-bomb there, bud!

I was just trying to answer your questions. You were asking if a member's registration date could be changed or extra points added, and the short answer is yes, they could be. Anything in a database can be changed.

Does knowing that make you feel any better though?

yeah fair call there man, I just got like that coz I'd had about half a dozen members express to me there opinions on my posts, and S.O's already answered my question...and the majority of members had negetive things to say to me, over reacted to your posts and for that I'm sorry.

and yeah....does knowing that make me-
no! short answer lol, no not comforting to say the least but I'm choosing to not worry about it. thanks for the info,

have a good Christmas man

-B.M

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

and yeah....does knowing that make me-
no! short answer lol, no not comforting to say the least but I'm choosing to not worry about it. thanks for the info,

Yeah, it's the same with me. Overall I feel the ATS staff are a wonderful group of people, and I try to focus on all the good they've done and are doing, instead of on shady things that they may or may not be involved in that there's no proof for

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OK, I've been a Silver content contributor for some time now (no ads!) and now occasionally I'm seeing an ad for that peice of garbage dvd of "Peter Jackson's District 9" on the top of the page. How come??? (I'm still PO'ed that I'll never get that two hours of my life back when I went to see that Alien Nation rehash in the theatre!)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There was a post on a thread I had created sometime ago, it is rather a strange post and can't figure out for the life of me what it is meant to stand for or what it's implications have to do with the original discussion of the thread.
So, can someone enlighten me to the meaning of this post and how it pertains to the thread in general? I tried to U2U the author, but have not received a reply.
If at all you could remove this post from the thread, it would be greatly appreciated if there is no real reason for it being posted other than to either harass or derail the discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!
Allred5923

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

OK, I've been a Silver content contributor for some time now (no ads!) and now occasionally I'm seeing an ad for that peice of garbage dvd of "Peter Jackson's District 9" on the top of the page. How come??? (I'm still PO'ed that I'll never get that two hours of my life back when I went to see that Alien Nation rehash in the theatre!)

That is a board wrapper for the Aliens & UFO forum

[edit on December 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Are the posts you're referring to the last two ones now Off-Topiced?

If so - all dealt with now.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by Allred5923

Are the posts you're referring to the last two ones now Off-Topiced?
If so - all dealt with now.
Cheers.

That be the one's!! Thanks alien, and by the way, "Did you understand why someone would post that kind of response? Or was it a 'Post Mistake' by chance?"

Beyond me, but glad they are discarded!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Attention senior staff.

I would very much like some feedback on the idea being posited here:

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oops is this the thread to report Issues in? If it is please pardon me for making a thread trying to address this issue:
-------------------------
Hi ATS,

There has been concurring problem. Lately, all Middle East Issues and General Conspiracy thread relating to Middle East countries for eg. Iran/ Israel/ Palestine, Iraq/ Afghanistan etc are being deliberately derailed to kill threads. In almost all these issues related threads go completely off topic and a honest discussion relating to the main subject of the thread is futile.

Yes we can report the off topic posts but many times by the time Mod's look into it the whole thread is completely derailed or killed. Many thread authors spend a lot of time collecting info and put in effort to research threads and such derailment again and again is against the spirit of ATS. Despite of all this authors spend time and effort and brave such obstacles to make threads in hope of discussion regarding the content of the thread.

In view of this I request ATS Staff to provide greater scrutiny and stricter action on these sections similar to 9/11 Conspiracy section.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow, did something just go wonky with the code?

All the posts look strange!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is really weird. In EVERY post in the last 15 minutes, (almost midnight here) I see "mm" and "/" interjected into our typings! On nooooes! Has this gone wonky for just me, or everyone else?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Okay. Strangely, I feel much calmer that I'm not alone in this wonkiness perception. Ohmmmmm. Bluebirds........... daisys..........

Happy New Year everybody!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just a small question.

Where is ATS 2010?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I guess we're just a couple of wonkers.

Anyhoot, it looks like they fixered it good!

HNY!

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join