It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My problem with this is ATS is a message board people are going to say what they want to say where they want to say it. If the topic sways to another than be polite and move it don't just delete peoples conversations. Let us use this site for what it is for... discussions without these godlike moderators with the power of a delete button. Just my take.

Very Respectfully,

AN-

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Been getting it to, thought it was sort of cool, and much prefer it, honestly.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My U2U! flash will not disappear.

I have no idea why, I have no unread U2U in my inbox

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Someone probably capitalized the first letter in your user name when they sent you a message. Unfortunately, there's no good way to tell which message it is. The light should go off when the problem message is saved or deleted.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord We offer and enthusiastically tolerate methods for public questions of our operations and tactics here on ATS. The ATS Issues thread is a recent development intended to maintain a single-source and easy to locate place for a broad variety of concerns and questions. We've never shied away from valid questions and never intend to. For anyone who wishes to raise issues, please do so here and you will receive an answer.

I got a question relating to the following -

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's reflected in our joining the Internet Advertising Bureau and serving on their small publisher committee, and soon to be even more obvious through certification of a leading digital privacy advocacy organization. We take seriously the public trust we ask of our members and visitors.

Thats groovy man, but have you ever noticed that the logo of the IAB, is a freakin eye?

looks a lot like 'all seeing eye' symbolism?

It is what it is y'know?
I can't suggest anything more than that because I haven't done the research,
but maybe you know the people over there,
the owners & whatnot and whether It may or may not be y'know, illuminati!!! ;P

I mostly just think its interesting...
personally I avoid companies or corporations with those kind of logos, although I really have no idea which are run/owned by 'bad guys' and which aren't.
Its a superstitious thing but still...this IS ats after all,
superstition should be welcome.

For those who continue to cowardly post lies and stories from the safety of their blogs and forums

see, now I have to go see what these clowns were on about because its just way too interesting!

Goodluck with everything,
I personally think you made the right & admirable decision.

Kind regards,
-B.M

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
Thats groovy man, but have you ever noticed that the logo of the IAB, is a freakin eye?

Do you really think that the Illuminati envisioned a day where instantaneous global communication and analysis of global events/symbology was possible?

If they did...then we are all apart of it and finally being included. Which means the quality of communication is our responsibility and not up to the 'powers that be'.

If not...then the reality of the level of communication within this website is something that the 'all seeing eye' didn't anticipate and harping on symbology (which is all over the place anyway) is a waste of our time...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Regarding the "almost lawsuit, and related"

good bloody grief,

what a bunch of bollocks.

they have stupid names too. what are they reptilian

and the lawyers joke, devil thing, there's a lawyer saving my arse right now from unfounded accusations, hes a good man, plain and simple.

I refer to the people who display an e-mail from your lawyer on their website.

douche bags that they are.

and then that other nutbag, with the cool fractal psychedelic background picture and the rediculous website.

quite frankly i couldn't care less if bill and everyone else were masons.
Most of the mason slamming documentaries i've seen, and they number on the 100's of hours of footage now, so I've seen ALOT of them is what i'm saying, none of the evidence can be backed up by anything at all. It would be nice on the one hand, and slightly messed up/scary on the other, but the fact remains that movies like 'ring of power' and 'zietgiest' and 'esoteric agenda' so on and so forth, can't back their claims. So therefore, I just don't care who is a mason and who isn't. The world is more complex than whether your a member of something or not. I don't have to be mason to get things done, I don't.....screw it you get the idea.

EVEN if EVERYTHING they claimed was true, I still dont care!

plains facts are, everyone is equalled stuffed over by the T&C through to global laws, we all have rules to follow, we all dislike it more often than not.

tough cookies everybody, deal with it. You've defined the limitations that everyone has to deal with, so work within them. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional, same stuff different bucket.

To me, ATS is about backing up your claims and executing debates with a respectful and self controlled manner. simple as that.

Even if bill etc, mason, even if censor due to ads (which I've been told personally regarding my cannibis threads - it essentially boils down to conflict with sponsorship) I don't care.

I don't see any problem with that whatsoever.
As its been pointed out to me, if i don't like it, I can post elsewhere.

This site still does less dodgy things than any other conspiratorial topic based forum I've ever seen.

blah blah so on & so forth, I'm too tired to waste energy countering these douches, just know that everybody here on the staff has my support, even if they are fulfilling some kind of dark personal agenda, it really doesn't make much difference to me, at the end of the day, if any 'online data' becomes the 'end of us' if will be because of google first and foremost, anything this site could do pales in comparison.

essentially this website & its owners, mason or not, agenda or not, are hardly a threat (no offence).

death is an illusion, ultimately everything you fear, relates to your mortality, let go of that, and nothing scares you anymore. ATS could arrange for me to die tomorrow and I just don't care. ok so maybe I'd be pissed off a fair bit, but then, I'd also have 1000's of years to reflect on it, eventually, I would get over it.

Look at how much time these ATS opposer's have invested in these 'flaming' websites,

what an incomprehensible waste of time & life.

-B.M

[edit on 22/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Do you really think that the Illuminati envisioned a day where instantaneous global communication and analysis of global events/symbology was possible?

If they did...then we are all apart of it and finally being included. Which means the quality of communication is our responsibility and not up to the 'powers that be'.

If not...then the reality of the level of communication within this website is something that the 'all seeing eye' didn't anticipate and harping on symbology (which is all over the place anyway) is a waste of our time...

maybe.

and just maybe there's a quiet little 'minds his own business' little 'not important' office admin guy over at IAB who's friend designed their logo for them and both him and his friend are getting their hacker buddies to infiltrate the IAB systems, data mine, and then break into the associated websites like ATS, and data mine the # out of that too, then they do this little algorithm and that little algorithm, come up with a nice little list of victims and go about messing up their lives in oh so nasty sinisterly ways like kicking you dog or the dreaded "flaming poo bag".

Hey,
I'm actually being serious here,
I'm just not without a sense of humour

but symbolism aside, you never know who is doing what. anything could happen. everything is possible. blah blah etc so on and so forth.

merrrgh...

B.M

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! look I know ahead of time that this is going to violate T&C and I actually encourage mods to delete it, I just hope that this little disclaimer will save me from getting a warning
and I'm posting it in the hopes at least ONE of the mods will get a chuckle before removing it

I can't resist its just too funny... Post quoted in its entirety from RU no edits on my part.

Re: IS OM the new ATS

Postby Access Denied on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:59 pm

torbjon wrote:and RU is better than them other sites because...?

Straw man… Ryan never said RU was better.

If we were better than ATS we would have more than the 100 threads they have about Blossom Goodchild instead of only one.

If we were better than OM we would have more than the 1000 threads they have about the Drones instead of only one.

If we were better than (fill in the blank) we would have more than 10 active threads.

torbjon wrote:Let's face it; we're ALL bozos on this bus.

Now THAT is Reality Uncovered.

torbjon wrote:Viva la différence!

Amen.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Keep in mind that data mining, currently and in my opinion, is an imperfect amalgam of personality profiles based on imperfect comprehension of personal motivation/connotation (internet data mining is based on habits and key terms).

The discussion forum we have here is moderated for civility and for the discussion...meaning we are encouraging people to vette ideas and concepts...

I think that we are in the midst of an information renaissance that can either be decided by them...or us (the penultimate 'them' being included within the term 'us').

See how a simple pronoun may require further explanation to specify intent of meaning?

Symbology does not denote affiliation. True logic statement there...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Keep in mind that data mining, currently and in my opinion, is an imperfect amalgam of personality profiles based on imperfect comprehension of personal motivation/connotation (internet data mining is based on habits and key terms).

not the point. the point is a civilian may become a threat and at that point a simple collection of personal data will find them and they can be 'dealt' with, I don't care if data mining is flawed or not, if they get your home address (all the idiots on facebook for e.g.) and you happen to be home, then they've 'got' you. I'm not suggesting its a frequent reality, but I'm not dismissing the possibility entirely either.

all that said, I do understand where you coming from, and don't misconstrue, I'm not scared or worried by the thoughts I'm willing to accept as possibilities.

The discussion forum we have here is moderated for civility and for the discussion...meaning we are encouraging people to vette ideas and concepts...

come on man, no one was suggesting otherwise were they? lets not put words in my mouth please, has a bad after taste.

penultimate

haven't a clue what that word means, but I understood what you were saying regardless, hence exactly why you could all be a bunch of conspiratorial masons seeking my destruction and I just don't care. Good luck to anyone who tries, even if they succeed, I live on, its simple as that, its sooooo easy to get bogged down in the here and now when you neglect your existence as a whole. It usually comes down to belief, but for a privileged few, (i consider it a privilege) it comes from bizarre first hand personal experience. I know there is life beyond the loss of physical vessel, because I've been there. (nothing to prove btw)

anyway thats a whooooole other kettle of fish.

See how a simple pronoun may require further explanation to specify intent of meaning?

the english language is beyond annoying. thats what I put that down to.
You can tell lies easier in spanish

It does during the process of lucid dreaming. true logic statement there

hehe..

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

what a bunch of bollocks.
-B.M

ok, maybe not.

this was a troubling thing to read, I'm frowning & want answers.

It was a set up, involving a classic use of a planted instigator, a previously unseen member who was supposedly registered in 2007, and then during one of the discussions his registration date all the sudden changed to 2004, and his ATS “points” shut up like he just robbed a bank.

source

I specifically refer to the quoted text. I would like some evidence either way to the validity of the statement, the accuracy of it. Because THAT is a very interesting statement indeed. First & only thing I've seen at any of these Anti-ATS threads that actually caused some concern.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why should they provide answers based on a spurned banned members comment on a site that has nothing to do with ATS?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Why should they provide answers based on a spurned banned members comment on a site that has nothing to do with ATS?

because regardless of the source (which had at least 'something' to do with ATS, as ats was the topic of the thread I quoted from
)

the following

a previously unseen member who was supposedly registered in 2007, and then during one of the discussions his registration date all the sudden changed to 2004

should NOT occur. I want to know if it does occur, and why.

also it potentially affects me as an ATS member,
and my time here including my contributions.
I have no time to waste.

Why SHOULDN'T I be allowed to ask a question like this and expect answers?

what give me less of a right in that context than anyone else?

nothing, basically.

Its not a difficult question to answer,
I as a rational person,
cannot understand why any other rational person,
would have an issue with answering my question.

I specifically chose that point the source made because it was the only one that held any kind of creedence.

Also, regardless of whether you as a fellow ATSer understand my need for this question to be answered, I expect the mods or owners will & should understand that need; and be more than happy to answer my question in due time, I'm not impatient, but I won't back down for no good reason either, that's not how 'this' works my friend.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I specifically refer to the quoted text. I would like some evidence either way to the validity of the statement, the accuracy of it.

It's completely inaccurate and has no basis in fact.

A lot happens here... every day. It's impossible to comment on years-old incidents for which I may not have even been aware at the time of occurrence.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Mmm, first peeps thread NC posts from stuffu... and now RU references?

What a coinkiedinkie!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

not the point. the point is a civilian may become a threat and at that point a simple collection of personal data will find them and they can be 'dealt' with, I don't care if data mining is flawed or not, if they get your home address (all the idiots on facebook for e.g.) and you happen to be home, then they've 'got' you. I'm not suggesting its a frequent reality, but I'm not dismissing the possibility entirely either.

What are you trying to say with all these posts, B.Morrison?

Yes "they" can find people easily enough if they want to, that I'm certain of. But who on here would pose an actual significant threat to "them"? Very few I would think. "They" are much more concerned with what the Russians are doing, and the Chinese, and the Japanese, and Hugo, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I specifically refer to the quoted text. I would like some evidence either way to the validity of the statement, the accuracy of it. Because THAT is a very interesting statement indeed. First & only thing I've seen at any of these Anti-ATS threads that actually caused some concern.

Probably the only person with the access to do that would be S.O., and I would think he would have much better things to be doing with his time than playing around with sockpuppet identities, changing their registration dates and giving them extra points etc

Like, building a successful business and stuff

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It does during the process of lucid dreaming. true logic statement there

hehe..

Now we can talk about subjective/objective relevance to the individual/collective...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but I like reading the ATS Issues thread because it used to be relevant to “ATS Issues”. My “Issue” as of late is the fact that this thread has spun off into a debate forum about conjecture concerning the owners.

“Are they Masons?”

“Is ATS controlled by the Illuminati?”

I apologize if I'm stepping on toes here, but the very people who are whining about being censored are whining, accusing, and conjecturing in the wrong place. If you want to accuse companies of being run by Masons then make “Another Thread” about it. If you want to state, “ATS is being run by the Illuminati” then make “Another Thread” about it. The ATS Issues thread is not the place for accusations and conjecture. It is a place, and one of the only ones mind you, for functional issues.

The same people who are whining about having their posts deleted are the same ones who are turning this thread into a conspiracy post. And yes, I fully expect to have this very post deleted for the exact same reason.

I respectfully request that this thread be brought back to “issues” and further posts (including this one) that rant about accusations or conjecture and not issues be deleted immediately.

Thank You

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Hot_Wings]

new topics

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join