It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
What has happened to Johnny's weekly ATS news videocasts?

Johnny has been "under the weather" with a long-ish battle with flu-like symptoms. He's improving, and we expect a new installment very soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I hope he get's better soon! We miss you Johnny!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

2009 Advanced Energy Whistleblower Conference - Washington, DC

On December 12-13 (Saturday/Sunday), there will be an informal series of interviews and roundtable discussions on suppression activities associated with the field of advanced energy and related technologies scheduled during the weekend from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST. Researchers/Inventors and supporters who have also suffered from suppression activities will be interviewed either in person or via Internet/telephone.

This event is free to all participants/attendees. Location of the event is 5425 39TH ST NW, Washington, DC 20015. For more information on the weekend event, please contact 540-679-9365. The call-in number for the roundtable discussions is 702-473-3463, passcode 333777. This web page (altenergy2012.blogspot.com...) will have updates as they are made available.

Confirmed speakers (dates/times TBD):
Leslie Pastor
Eddie Sines
Larry Jarboe
Bob Dratch
James Allen Robey
Chris Hunter (and research colleague)
Eliahi Priest
Tom Valone - Dec 12th @ 2 p.m.
Others will be confirmed between now and the 12th/13th.

Saturday/Sunday Roundtable Discussion (6 - 8:30 p.m.)
Sara Lake
Leslie Pastor
Nick Gulan
Todd Hathaway
Nora Maccoby
Online attendees via teleconference call-in.
Others will be confirmed between now and the 12th/13th.

altenergy2012.blogspot.com...

Could be fruitful for ATS to have a presence there

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
What has happened to Johnny's weekly ATS news videocasts?

Johnny has been "under the weather" with a long-ish battle with flu-like symptoms. He's improving, and we expect a new installment very soon.

Did he get a vaccine?

Edit: Also, have you considered changing the production format? Maybe replacing the green screen, and changing the format a little bit.. No disrespect, but it looks very cheesy in its current form.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So like...

Is somebody going to fix the mis-spelling on the side banners?

"OFF" the independent web" would make more sense than...
"OF" the independent web.

If it wasn't bugging me so much I'd just let it slide until someone else noticed.

Characters are cheap and scaling is practically free!

Get on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There seem to be far too many 'rant' threads on this site, where some long-winded member gets all uptight for whatever reason, and then decides to share their feelings with the rest of the membership. I for one don't care. ATS is not a psychiatric center, and that sort of thing, in my opinion, doesn't belong here. I understand there is a lot of leeway given to members over certain things, but I really can't understand the point of these particular threads other than self-aggrandizement. I am wondering what others opinions on this topic are?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

So why do you go to the "RANT" forum other than to justify a complaint.

Why not choose not to go there instead?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I'm trying to understand what your talking about, but I'm not sure. Let me see, your saying that I shouldn't air a complaint in the ATS 'Issues' thread, which, is what it is apparently there for, but should have gone to the offending 'rant' thread, and voiced my opinion there? Correct?

Chrono

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No, there is a separate forum set aside specifically for members to go in and rant.
Sometimes it's good to just get something off your chest, and that's what it's there for.

However, if you mean that there are a number of threads that should be in that forum and aren't, then you may need to hit the alert button on the thread, and request that a moderator shift it to the appropriate forum.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Thank you Sir, for the simple and concise answer. I'll remember that for the future.

Chrono

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I do see what you are saying but I think there are some very subtle differences between people who set up this type of thread to get attention and those who create threads to discuss philosophy.

There is a form of natural selection which exhibits itself on these forums. It is simply supply and demand, if people want threads where people moan about life, then this is what they will get.

Some people feed off negative threads/topics/posts. Whether this is because they are a troll or a martyr.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No, I'm saying don't read any of the "complaining" threads or visit the "rant" forum if you don't enjoy or wish to contribte to them.

Simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am having issues with my new avatar addition, so I have taken it off momentary. This is the original url: files.abovetopsecret.com...

When I put it in the avatar area it becomes VERY long, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, Justin.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I believe that sort of file goes like this /member/941a573d12f1.jpg in the background space box in ats store not in the avatar box in member center.

Edit: Also your clear avatar seems to be too long.

[edit on 13 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

[edit on 13 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Erm hi,

So I see we've had a few peeps with lots of issues lately threading left and right with the whining and the moaning ... almost as if coordinated. Blaming what they call debunkers for telling them that out of focus video of venus isn't the mothership. Presumably these peeps blame the meteorologist when it rains.

Either way, not trying to sensor them or anything but don't we have this issues thread and a rant forum for such complaints?

Perhaps under the standard "if you have issues get tissues" mantra we could create an "ATS tissues" thread for all the bruised egos and feelingz.

Just saying.

Edit to add: Oh I forgot about this ...

Maybe there is something to this whole christmas debbie downer affect ... either that or someone is really trying to tell me something!

[edit on 14 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I agree with you sdog. Threads with titles like "Why not kill yourself" or "Someone wants you dead" kind of suck. I wish they would get renamed or deleted.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm not one to necessarily complain about NOT seeing ads, but lately all I am getting are 404 errors page on the sidebar and top of my screen, where I would generally see ads... It's not consistent, but is primarily at the sidebar. Any ideas what's up?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I get that too, but I'm temporarily happier that it's not the blue-and-white-flashy-smiley face.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Sweet. Not just me, than. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up?
They may come back with a vengeance.

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join