It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Does he need the help though?

To solve this issue raised all you really need to do is stop the whole side bar redirecting and place a hyperlink so people have the option of going to his page. Rather than getting there by accident.

Wouldn't be too hard I imagine.

CT

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by schrodingers dog

WHAT is it with people today? Does nobody help a friend out of the GOODNESS of their heart anymore? Are we freaks for doing so?

I really, REALLY don't understand... Probably don't want to either.

We got
ZERO MONEY, HAVE ZERO FINANCIAL INTEREST in this at ALL.

We did it because Rob has been a good friend to the site.

Gad zooks... Does nobody have friends anymore?!

Springer...

I had no idea you are friends with him, in that case, sure i too am one of those people who consider extending a helping hand is always good karma.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Delete please.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
delete pls
(made a comment but guess it really isn't worth the stirr)

[edit on 14/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am seriously starting to think people just complain for the sake of complaining.

Christ Almighty people, get the hell over it. So ATS is helping out one of it's more celebrity members by providing a link to his latest album. WHOOPDY BLOODY DOO. It's not the end of the world people, it's not the end of ATS, it's not the end of ANYTHING - life will go on people, with or without a banner ad.

I am so bloody sick of whingers it's not funny.

EDIT: If Robbie happens to read this, don't be disillusioned by the whingers mate - they exist everywhere and it's one of life's little jokes that we have to put up with them.

[edit on 14/11/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Peoples opinions on the issue at hand aside.

Personal attacks and "witch hunts" are not going to be tolerated here.

I hope that is clear.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well for once I'm in full agreement with the site owners etc, Robbie is a long standing member of ATS, can't see what the problem is.

Just wish they's get rid of that frigging annoying Terminator ad!!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This isn't an issue post, just an observation...
I completely DO NOT understand all the hullabaloo over Robbie being a member here.
Put the celebrity status aside...seriously.
He posts here as a like minded, intelligent individual, as do most of us.
Civility and decorum somehow went out the door as soon as it was found that he was a celebrity and for whatever reason many hold him to a higher set of standards towards the site just because he draws media attention.
SO FREAKIN WHAT!?
Why don't all of you grab your tin foil hat and ATS shirt and parade around preaching your beliefs?
If anything I'd say Rob has a exceptionally high tolerance for the bad publicity he may endure socializing with so- called NUTTERS.
I apologize if I offend...but holy cow, let the man post in peace and anonymity and live his life such as he does, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US DO!
/rant off.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry to complain....

But does anyone else have a problem when you try and submit news to BAN or BGN?

I keep getting this error...

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I apologize if I offend...but holy cow, let the man post in peace and anonymity and live his life such as he does, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US DO!
/rant off.

Bit hard to do that with his mug all down the bloody sides, what?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I think this is quite nice of the owners of the site to do. I would be willing to bet that if any of us were to say, publish a book, or release an album, or start some great project they would be more than happy to support those efforts too.

I have no real opinion of Robbie myself, never heard his music, and other than here never heard of him at all. (Not his fault, to me if you aren't in the US political arena I have no idea who you are.)

But I think it's great that the admin are helping out and promoting this album. I have found that being nice is it's own reward.

Although, my suggestion? Sell the album in the ATS store, hook up a deal with Robbie directly so that he and ATS gets a good cut.

Just a suggestion.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hello, sir! With all due respect I think the claim that this has all been done out of the goodness of the staff's hearts is a bit of a "fib." Yes he's a member here and Springer certainly wasn't lying when he said they're friends, but solely in my own opinion I think a few people would like a few high profile "plugs" for this site in a few high profile places! Like a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of one. That's just the way I see it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
That's just the way I see it.

If you reference my post here, you'll notice that you're seeing it wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I would be willing to bet that if any of us were to say, publish a book, or release an album, or start some great project they would be more than happy to support those efforts too.

As we have done in the past, and will continue to do in the future.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Hello, sir! With all due respect I think the claim that this has all been done out of the goodness of the staff's hearts is a bit of a "fib." Yes he's a member here and Springer certainly wasn't lying when he said they're friends, but solely in my own opinion I think a few people would like a few high profile "plugs" for this site in a few high profile places! Like a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type of one. That's just the way I see it.

I fail to see what is bad about this.

Springer and Robbie are friends.

Robbie is famous (apparently)

Yes it might also turn out to be a boost for ATS, a company, a company that is business to make money.

Where is the downside? I just don't see the problem here. I think it's good for all involved. Including members, that is right, even you benefit, because this may draw more members to this site and to your posts which increase the ability for the owners to make available a place to post great topics, great conspiracies, and sometimes great friendships.

All in all I just don't see any problem with this. I think it's a great thing they are doing and it's beneficial for all involved which includes you.

Personally I would be very happy if and when the admin become very wealthy off of this site. I hope for the success of this site. The owners work very hard to that end, and I hope they achieve their goals and much more.

and don't worry, I am due no respect

[edit on 11/14/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
If you reference my post here, you'll notice that you're seeing it wrong.

Sorry, SkepticOverlord, but I don't see anything in your rebuttal that forces a reappraisal of my initial conclusion. You can say "we get no reward from it" until you're black, but I don't have to believe you. I still see it the same way. I've given my opinion, now, so I'll just leave it at that and leave you all alone.

Good Morning, sir.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Well, I partly agree with your sentiments but I would've phrased it a bit more diplomatic. The commercial aspect was a shock to myself, then the link embedded background surprised me.

Never thought I'd witness such an act on ATS.

Let us draw a line under this episode and foresee this, event, as an idea that probably will not occur again.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For those that were not present at the time or do not remember it, Robbie Williams was the first to promote the "other side", in this case, ATS, so what was done was not a promotion of Robbie Williams expecting him to do the same for ATS, he already did that, as anyone can see here.

So we are the ones "scratching back", he already "scratched our backs".

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join