It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
So, I just read TheMythLives' JFK Thread. Did anyone do something that would suddenly make it available on a phone?
Still cant get the Monroe or Black Dahlia threads up tho... Bummer!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have an issue!! Why is that I can press the alarm button and make a complaint and nothing happens and yet someone, a mason, can press the very same button mere seconds after I've posted a reply and I receive a warning within minutes!!!? Are the alarm buttons for masonic, and friends of the moderators, use only?
Seems that way to me. . .

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

You don't know how ATS works. We enforce the T&C. It has nothing to do with who is a friend or not. A couple of years ago I had to warn my son 3 time in 1 day. Also when an alert is sent it is discussed. Just because YOU think it's a violation doesn't mean that it is.

Lastly, no one sent an alert on the post you earned that warning for. Your claims of bias is wrong. If you have anything further on this matter take it up with the staff member that warned you.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Are the alarm buttons for masonic, and friends of the moderators, use only?
Seems that way to me. . .

Alerts and Complaints are handled on a per occurrence, case-by-case manner with each being considered and/or acted upon based upon several factors - overall context, severity of the issue or concern, merit OR lack thereof.

There are many times where a given member alerts or files a complaint when in fact no actual T&C issue exists - typically the result of a differing opinion, mindset or political affiliation... to name but a few.

Any action taken or Not taken is only accomplished after discussion amongst various staff members.

Other times the "violation" is so flagrant or apparent that more immediate action is deemed necessary, proper.

... with regards staff "playing favorites" or "masons only" alerts, the diversity amongst our membership is Definitely reflected and representative of the sum total of All staff, thereby and effectively negating Any possibility of that Ever being the case.

As for a favorite ... bet on Bubble Gum in the 7th ... he sticks to the rail.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What is with the mobile version?! I had a thread but nobody answered so I will come here. I have an iphone and I never had problems before but over the last month or more I have problems logging in. I log in and then it still asks me to log in even though I already have. Is this a mobile issue or an iphone one? I am not sure since I never had problems before. I really like the mobile version at work but cant respond half the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Do you mean the text only one at m.abovetopsecret.com?

Sometimes I have issues with that one logging in as well.

What I do is log in once, and then after logging in, even if it still has the "login" button visible, just click "board" and it'll take you to the main page successfully logged in.

It's worked for me in the past

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Do you mean the text only one at m.abovetopsecret.com?

Sometimes I have issues with that one logging in as well.

What I do is log in once, and then after logging in, even if it still has the "login" button visible, just click "board" and it'll take you to the main page successfully logged in.

It's worked for me in the past

It logs me out after a day. I stay logged in to the full version on my laptop and I tried on my phone but that doesnt seem to work.
When I do what you said it doesnt give me the option to reply because it thinks I am not logged in when I have logged in. Lately I just go to the full site but sometimes my little iphone cant take the full version and it closes out : ( It would be cool to have an app for the iphone...and I know not everyone has an iphone but it would still be a neat feature

Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Right I think I am posting in the correct area but I am not sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone tell me what has happened to the Drugs and Narcotics forum. A while back I was off for quite a time and when I came back the forum was gone and no message had been given to say that we could start talking about drugs in the normal forums again. So can someone help me out please. Can we talk about drugs in the normal forums or are all narcotics now a complete taboo on ATS?

-Cauch1

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Talking about drugs and getting high is taboo now!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Per the TAC, it's completely "taboo", there are thousands of other sites on the web that those discussions can be held in.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bad Gateway
Received an invalid response from upstream server.

Anybody else getting this recently?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I got that too. Seems OK now, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah it's gone now but for a few minutes I couldn't get a threads latest post I had to click on the thread topic then go forward to the latest. But it's fine now.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know why my U2U button is stuck on.
It is staying red even after messages have been read or replied.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

It happens when someone sends you a message with the wrong capitalization. Cindymars instead of cindymars. You can either save your messages from your inbox to the saved box and see which one it is, or just start deleting messages from your inbox until the guilty one disappears.

[edit on 8 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I usually solve that one by deleting or saving the last message received.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh well at least I know there is a culprit.
Thank you!

That worked thanks.

Thank you too Slayme!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Now there is noway to flag posts. I hope that's only a temp issue

oh well. that WAS weird

[edit on 8-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join