It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok ... we have a MAJOR problem.

I did this thread a few days ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But ...

I (when I say "I" I mean zazzafrazz who should bear the brunt of any blowback for questioning authority) captured a screenshot of the top of the thread:

So ...

What's the deal with a thread in the "psych" forum being labeled as part of "this thread is in the politics forum?"

I'm telling skyfloating!

Typical ATS conspiracy trying to politicize psychotic episodes if you ask meez!!!!

Boooooooooooo!!!!

I (and zazz) await proper remedy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

If that is a MAJOR problem, what would you call it if the ATS server crashed and we were to be offline for several days? A catastrophe?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i bough 2 TIMES my black background color yet in the forum my background is still "gay light gray",i can only see my black background color when i enter my member are,what GIVES! >_<
i want my black color i allready payed 2 times

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The fine-print says "No refunds"...

Seriously though, your back-ground colour looks pretty black to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
anyway i fixed it,i uploaded a background image..seems free^^ now its black even after a nuke blast

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

The fine-print says "No refunds"...

Seriously though, your back-ground colour looks pretty black to me.

So we have to rebuy every time we change our purchased stylistic elements, like changing a background color? We don't just earn the points once to "turn it on" and can simply subsequently change it for free?

That's something I have wondered about.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

No, you pay points separately for each change.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

No, you pay points separately for each change.

You mean, for each change of a single property, correct? ie. I purchase, BG color for the first time, black, I have to purchase again to make it purple.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Correct.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Weird. Yeah, it should read "mysterious" like the crypto forum does.

Probably a slight coding error. Which means SO will get around to fixing it at some point, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me why I keep getting a 404 error when I try to in to the thread "Tax collectors now hitting social networks to track deadbeats". I'd post the url, but as I'm using a phone, I cant get the url unless the page loads!
Also, whenever I try to read TheMythLives' Marilyn Monroe, Black Dahlia or JFK threads, a get a communication failure, which is like a time out on a computer. There have been a few threads this happens with, but I forget which others. Is there anything technical which those have in common? His other case revieweds load fine.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

As far as I know a 404 error page usually indicates that a member of staff has deleted a thread for a T&C violation .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

As xpert11 guessed, the "Tax collectors now hitting social networks to track deadbeats" thread has been deleted. The author of the thread received an explanation as to why the thread was deleted.

As for the other threads where you get "communication failure"... I don't know. They all have videos embedded, so this may be the cause of the problem. Can you view other threads with embedded videos?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Aha! Thanx both on the 404 thing.
Yes, I can normally open threads with video. YouTube or google. I cant watch them, but the link is there as a black rectangle with an unknown document icon in the middle.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ok Whats up with the links showing up in gray? That is a bad change in my opinion because it makes the links hard to distinguish from a persons posting.

For example this link to another thread is in bold but it is hard to tell if the poster just put the words in bold or if it is a link...

Blue letters to distinguish a link is good. Much better than gray letters.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Ah now that is strange because I see the links as pale indigo on my phone. Have you done anything to your browser, like an update or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I have to agree with Bunken Drum. Mine are still blue like they've always been. I did have a problem with the 'Top 50 Subscriptions' area on 'MyATS' earlier (the whole format changed and the 'last post' section was in black text on a dark grey background), but they've fixed it already.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I dont own a mobile phone. I only connect from PC.

All links are Gray... Or the same color as the letters. It is freaking anoying...

No offense intended to anyone but man this is bugging me. Also I note that the bottom of the screen that lists who mods what forums has also gone to black lettering... Thats fine thats cool..but these gray links are HARD.

One can not tell whats in bold and whats a link.

Also I surf in dark mode not light... I shall switch over to light mode and see if anything changes.

Nope no change. From PC all links now lack a color distinction.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by titorite]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ats management what is you deal?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by banned4life]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
deny ignorance and please walk your own talk won't you?

i ask a question about how many mods here are in the military and it blimey gets deleted? why please?

can you say "shill"..try it,.. "shill".

a "military misconceptions" post on ats with a bunch of stars,
military shills are patting themselves on the back talking about how there standards are better than the general population. while somewhere else on the planet we are letting some guys urinate on each. i know they're contractors (mmmm that's another word for hmmm? ex-military right?) gotta love those standards right? wrong. the timing of that post is mildly suspect at worst.

also MODS here dont moderate they insert silly graphical messages like "OFF TOPIC" & "POST REMOVED". ***** *****

sit'n sleep banners at a conspiracy site

stay sitting in front of the computer and stay asleep.

ats, astounding theatrical stuff!

no thank you, lurking rules!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by banned4life]

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join