It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Well how did I lose 500 points then?

You attempted to edit a staff edit of your post, which warrants a 'red card' warning... just click on the red-card warning in your profile to see the post.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

See, thats just the thing.....I didnt edit anything.

The post is conveniently deleted, but I can promise you that I didnt edit anything. Whatever though, its obvious that I am banging my head up against the wall. 500 ATS points and 4 bucks will buy me a gallon of gas.

And you STILL have not even addressed the original problem. Can I please have some closure to this issue, or am I just left to my own imagination?

I am not trying to be rude, or a smartass or anything....I really would like to know what you think about the issue that brought all this around in the first place.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by PokeyJoe]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

You are correct. You got warned for the post, the tone per say. You didn't lose 500 points for an edit. I can attest to that one, as I have the pages saved on my computer.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Would it be ironic to have a conspiracy on a conspiracy website?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

See, thats just the thing.....I didnt edit anything.

Yes you did.

When staff initiates action such as this, it's all recorded, including the post ID.

We have two different actions on that post ID, both with a different post from you where you removed the moderator edit and reinserted your own material.

No conspiracy, just someone seeing how far they can push the staff.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I have the pages saved on my computer.

And we have the content saved in our log of staff action... the user removed a staff edit, and inserted his own content.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Okay. He must have gotten two warnings then. I am going off the one from yesterday.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I only got one warning.

Please show me where I edited a staff edit.

Unless the staff came in and edited my post without my knowledge, I have no idea what you are talking about. SkepticOverlord, are you ever going to answer my question, or are you just going to keep dancing around the issue and drop one liners.

You have taken the time to reply to many of my posts, so why not take the time to give me an explanation?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

From what I remember at the end of the thread you said something like this will be deleted and points lost. Then you received a warning immediately after.

Then later on, the mod said don't edit mod edit's. But, this was after the warning.

I am the one who edited a mod post, to point out that, we should not be able to edit mod's post. I was going to bring this up, indeed I brought it up earlier. But, I forgot yesterday to bring it up.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Please show me where I edited a staff edit.

You know what you did, we have it in the log.

I've placed a temporary posting ban on your account, we can work things out via private U2U. Please send me a U2U at your convenience to discuss the matter(s).

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's good that the Kernel enjoys Mash and the occasional Julep, whine turns his stomach.

It's stale here, off for a fresh one.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi

can we do a poll on how many (white/black/asian/hispanic/other) are on this forum?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord:
The issue was not that you questioned the validity of statements by a mod, but in the highly confrontational way in which you did it.

The post PokeyJoe made to that was a reply that didn't even get edited because it wasn't that bad. It was just impolite. It's not like the things other staff said to the OP in that thread weren't "full of crap" either.

Here are the post's by staff on that thread (just the first couple of pages):

Hellmut:
[snip]Btw, I wonder if I'm on anyone's list yet. Do you know, by any chance?

Sarcastic rolling eyes directed toward the OP.

Intrepid:
Agents? Well there's one staff member that I think could be an agent, just look at his avvy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tell tale sign.

A link to spacedout's profile. Vaguely on topic, but kind of poking fun at it.

Helmutt again:

Are these guys involved in any way?

Stratcom's Units in charge of cyber warfare for the Pentagon

Oops, who's banging on mah door...?

Another on-topicish, but snarky reply.

Okay...

Everyone take a deep breath, and remember that ATS is about civil discussion.

Thanks.

Mirthful me, just doing her job.

Advisor:
Thing is, I'm not doing it in the capacity your topic is about, my action of "monitoring" is more of an internal affairs type of deal. Being a staff member of the site, that is what were supposed to do, but we don't report info any further than to each other, and the admin here if it is serious enough.

I log into SPIRNET (or is it NIPRNET , I dont know the difference, except one word might mean "secure"), every day at work, will you tell me Jhill? There is no clearence required, there are a more people able to log onto those systems with out a clearence than those who do.

Advisor's admittedly off-topic initial post in the thread (that also contains incorrect information that MANY subsequent replies are about).

Then the coup de grace:

Intrepid:
Your post is not only insulting to ADVISOR but to the entire staff, by inferring that we would allow a mod to post false information. ADVISOR does indeed work for the government. The rest of the content in your post and it's tone leaves much to be desired. You may want to take that into account in further posting.

According to this it's insulting to the entire staff to tell another staff member they've given incorrect information. I don't care if he was a @&*% about it, that's absurd.

There's a lot member's whose unpopular opinions get their entire being called into question on a daily basis and there's no giant fuss.

Many people made bad judgment calls here. It would just be nice to see that it's admitted that staff did too. Especially since everybody's words are on record.

On top of that there was a post bringing up another thread jhill76 had started that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic that was overlooked. It wasn't until Advisor made an incorrect statement that the thread got "derailed".

I apologize for keeping this issue going, but when a topic I really find interesting get's stomped on by the proverbially "D-ego", I'm going to take issue.

A couple weeks ago I reported a post because someone referred to Barak Obama's wife as a knuckle dragger, and that didn't even result in a staff edit.

I realize ATS is huge, but when low-level staff and members are equally wrong and only the peons are punished it is disenfranchising.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the support, but...

Originally posted by PistolPete
Mirthful me, just doing her job.

Mirthful Me would prefer to do his job...

Dude Monkeys, not just for leaving the seat up anymore...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Regarding Anon posting:

If all anon posts are vetted by mods before being posted. How did this post get through?

Its an obvious violation of T&C being all caps.

CT

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Sorry, man. I believe I confused you with a different moderator.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I finally found it.

I am a new user to this board, and despite what some would say
im not out to make drama

I've seen a few things that confuse me so far with the boards, and maybe im just not looking hard enough, i really don't know.....i am open to that as an aswer, but...well...here goes

1.) I would think that it would be more helpful (atleast to me) to put a rules page or maybe even this thread, at the top somewhere. It sort of sets the guidelines for every forum here, and its really hard to find this thread (i had to make a few moderators angry, unfortuantely, to find this thread)

2.) If certain words like # # # are #'d, and other words like (female dog) and (3 letter word for butt) aren't

then why cant you use the words that arent #'d out without being reprimanded for them?

Also is there a thread somewhere that describes appropriate reprimands for a blatant disregard for board ettiqute?

Thank you

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

At the bottom of every ATS page is a link to the Terms & Conditions Of Use.

There is this comprehensive listing of board related threads:

Everything You Ever Wanted (or need to) Know About ATS.

This thread in particular may go a long way towards answering your questions:

Courtesy Is Mandatory.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join