It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, gots a question.

If words like Obamatron are banned, why not Troofer? Some dude in a recent 9/11 thread keeps on using this word and not only that he's immensely rude.

I know I'm not perfect, I once had a post partially removed because I said some not so nice things, but this guy is ridiculous. I do see he has a warning but I don't know when or why he got that and he just keeps on insulting everyone.

I do realize it's the 9/11 forum, which is the worst place on the entire internet what with all the mudslinging going on but I get tired of insults while reading threads. Especially when it never stops. This guy keeps on like the energizer bunny of debunkers and frankly, I'm tired of it.

I responded to a couple of guys in one thread yesterday - I didn't use their names, I didn't respond directly to them, but I put up what I thought were valid points and tried my darnedest to "play nice". But the word Troofer is plainly an insult. Why the debunkers of 9/11 cannot play nice - almost all of them are complete ****** IMO - heck, most of them are just trolls, trolling the forum to insult those who don't agree with them and not ever posting in any other forum. IMO that's is the definition of a troll. Maybe I'm using the term a little freely but that's the way I see it.

It's a bloody conspiracy forum, do we need this crap? People come here to discuss conspiracies, not to get insulted, especially with idiotic words like Troofer. I don't go in there calling them names, so why does this guy get away with it?

I don't remember the guys name but it was in the Nat'l Goegraphic thread. The thread had degenerated to the point of unreadable after a few pages but I kept trying and eventually gave up. It's just too much to take. I don't need people to call me names or insult me because they don't agree or because they can't play by the T&C.

I sound like a freakin whiner, it's only a word. But used over and over, it's not just a word anymore. It's a blatant insult and I don't know about the rest of you but it's just something I feel we don't need around here.

Anyway, thanks for listening. At least I got it off my chest and I feel better about that. I don't know if there is any answer for the 9/11 forum. It's been bad for years and probably will never get better. I do feel that the debunkers need to learn some manners. Not that everyone on the truth side is perfect and don't ever insult the debunkers but it's way worse what comes from them. Most debunkers cannot post without saying something rude, making the debates come down to name calling and that's not productive. BOTH sides need to play nice but I fear this is impossible from the debunkers.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i'm trying to find a quick answer, still learning where everything in this site is. not to 20 posts yet so can't start a new thread or PM to ask...last thread i posted in got trashed so idk if it was ever answered

is there a way to get email notifications for subscribed threads? i'd like to get them to my blackberry and browse from there at work or away from home if i could, any help is appreciated...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by patrickhatch

There is currently no email notifications on subscribed threads but you can U2U any moderator at anytime...

Click on that link or go to your "Member Tools" and then to "U2U Private Messages"

Semper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

i tried to U2U you specifically earlier and said i couldn't because i didn't have 20 posts...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by patrickhatch

You must have done something wrong because you can U2U a moderator without a single post behind your name?

As for your question: As Semperfortis said, there are no e-mail subscriptions to notify you of replies to a thread. With the huge amount of posts that goes back and forth on ATS such a service would bring (nearly) any e-mail server to its knees.

However, there is MyATS which lists your subscribed threads, and is really helpful to keep up with discussions.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Have you tried using m.abovetopsecret.com ? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Wow wtf, how was that post OFF TOPIC?

No, I will not use "mobile" site.. the invisible images only appeared a few weeks ago, other than that issue I've never had a problem with the site.

"Smart" phones don't need mobile sites like the old days, everything appears as it would on a pc.

The invisible images are two giant links that cover the top half of the page, making it very difficult to access the site underneath. I believe it originated after SO changed the ATS image with the upside down flag..

I can't post in the forums anymore because I risk loosing my posts when the image gets in the way..

Thanks for removing my post and ignoring the issue (which was pushed aside the last time I brought it up as well). I imagine I'm not the only one with a smart phone who visits the site, everyone would be having the same issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

We don't allow "Goodbye ATS" threads... too much drama...

I would've edited your post but you refuse to use the system we have put in place because you don't own a PC and want to surf the net on your phone exclusively.

The internet, and this site, are designed for computers with fully functioning browsers with limited access for smart phones as they get better.

We created a mobile access point, you don't want to use it, that's your choice.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I found the mobile version of the site to be very clean and very usable. I can't afford unlimited data on my phone, so it also helps that images and such are non-existent on the mobile side.

Often, browsers on mobiles are problematic for a couple of reasons. Either the browser itself is not standards-compliant, or the site will recognize the browser incorrectly.

if you could Rock, I'd look into a version of Opera for whatever mobile platform you're running. There are probably others available as well. It's worth a shot, eh?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Site worked perfectly for 8 months. This has nothing to do with the medium I use to access the site, it has to do with sloppy coding. No other site have I ever come across an issue like this..

Seems like a pretty easy fix to the problem but for some reason its viewed as a non-issue.. which I thought the purpose of this thread was point out issues, which I did over a week ago.. the sollution I'm told "use the dumbed down mobile site" ..

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I access the site from a mobile on a regular basis and I don't see what you see. I too do not use the mobile version of the site, but I can't seem to recreate what it is you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

its an issue with the touch screen, are you using a touch screen like a black berry, g1, iphone?

With the nav ball I can acess under the image, but the sites layout makes the navball hard to track.

Its not an issue with my phone either, I navigate without problems on every other site but ATS... and again, its only started in the past few weeks.

Id use the mobile site if I had a pos old phone, but this is a G1, like an iphone.. the whole purpose of these phones is to view webpages as if on a pc.. unlimited data, 3g, and the op system is Android by Google, I don't know what your talkin about K

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
At the moment I'm browsing with my blackberry tour, which admittedly has a horrendous browser, and I'm using the mobile portal without issue.

When I use my ipod touch it uses the regular site pages, which seem to load fine other than being a bit small. It's ok for reading but that's it.

Images and text seem to load ok using the touch's included safari browser. Do android phones use a different browser?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Google Chrome if I am not mistaken, which does have issues loading certain pages that have Adds or things of that nature.

Android software is flawed to say the least. Let's remember that Google has only seen the perverbial tip of the iceberg when it comes to the mobile world.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
it has to do with sloppy coding.

Indeed, but it's not our sloppy coding.

The "clickable wrapper/skin" which seems to be causing you problems is using valid CSS (cascading style sheets) that, in this case, is used to define the layer order of elements on the screen. Which ever browser you're using is not parsing the CSS assignments properly, and thus the problem.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

All the images load perfectly and within a few seconds.. its a giant invisible "link" image that covers the top half of the page. SO a few pages back said it was a link to a ufo page or something,

You can only see it when you try to click anywhere on the top half of the page, it highlights a huge square and you can't get to the links underneath.

Again, I emphesize this only began a few weeks ago.

No, I am not using ATS Mobile, in fact I am writing this on my phone right now.. its NOT an issue with the phone, because its never happened before and its only started in the month of august.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That was rude of me, I appologize... just frustrated

And I have no idea what any of that means... it sounds like the problem I'm having, but why is it only on ATS/BTS and why only recently?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
but why is it only on ATS/BTS and why only recently?

Right now, the clickable wrappers should only appear on the site home, and on topics in the UFO forum.

Some other sites like break.com use a very similar method for clickable backgrounds... the issue with Android/Chrome not properly interpreting valid page formatting code will likely only occur when a site is relying on the positioning of layered elements -- one of the more common uses is clickable wrappers/skins/backgrounds.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hmm... my problem occurs on all ATS pages, including threads, myats etc ... and I believe the source may be the ATS bar "deny ignorance" since the problem arose at about the time the image was being changed.

I went to break.com and didn't have any issues

My frustration went overboard today after typing over 7k chars for a post it was wiped clean when I went to scroll down and hit "reply".. for some reason clicking the image erases the txt

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join