It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please delete my account. I do not want any association with ATS nor do I want any correspondence from ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RichieScott1

You just have to go away and not return, as simple as that.

But if you do not want any association with ATS you probably will not see this post.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is there a way to turn off bb code in u2us?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I don't think that's possible, but I also do not see why do you need it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Because recently there have been quite a few members I have been trying to show how to do imaging codes (via u2u), obviously I space the codes and all (so it does not code) but it can be confusing for some. But if there is not one it is no big deal.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now don't go saying I have cold feet - but seems a few peers are on this thread so here goes...

1st I did a search (ain't I good!) and this topic didn't come up..

"COOL" I thought ... then reality of the recent behavior of many new ATS members made me stop before posting this thread on what I believe to be the best example of an "Indigo Child" - no it's not Boriska from Russia!

So now I'm hesitant to post - the "SCUM" of the last topic I posted spoiled the stock to the point of a waste of time and effort. Some really nice posters were just being shut down - and didn't post again - very understandable.

So do i post and become the whipping boy again. Do I post and just sit back and let them attack this wonderful being? Do I post on David Ickes forum where mature conversation takes place? Do I just go for a walk and think about what to cook for dinner? Help a 'messenger' out with some advice please

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Edit...

[edit on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:21:58 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I can offer my help, but first I must understand what you mean, and as things stand, I don't, as if you are talking Chinese (and I don't know Chinese
).

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You know, I followed your last thread, "Mike Bare - Dark Mission Secret History Of NASA seminar". You basically posted a video without any comments and thoughts of your own.

The first poster asked: "Is there a discussion topic which you wish to propose?" A reasonable question, I think.

The second poster said: "Wow, more pictures of rocks and shadows on the moon presented by some guy with a wild imagination who is trying to sell his book to a bunch of gullible people. Who could have imagined that." This one was not impressed by the video, and he had every right to say so.

None of these posters made any personal attacks on you, yet your reply to them both was:

What is it with the influx of uneducated trolls on this forum?
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems to me that YOU were the troll in this thread, attacking those who replied to you. It seems to me that YOU were the one trying to shut people down. Sorry, but that is the way I see it.

(Edit for spelling.)

[edit on 12/8/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well you don't speak Chinese the most spoken language on the planet!

It's funny ATS really represents AMERICA - and promotes it - it doesn't promote THE WORLD or UNIVERSE (even better)... this is why I guess Ickes forum is different, as it seems to attract Europeans who do seem more liberal on such subject matter.

But even then - we are all still missing out from ASIA - can you imagine an Asian ATS?! It would be humongous.

Oh - sorry went off track there for a second - ArMaP - I appreciate your help, even though I don't understand how you're gonna help me? Bizarre!
- I guess I'm asking for (god help me for ever saying this) stricter moderation in threads as such? One liner put downs "She's crazy' "She's a man" "She is retarded lol" - all that #e is a drag - actually I think it is hard to find ONE positive and educational thread in ETs/UFOs in particular.

Actually where would you post a thread about Indigos - not ET/UFOs I'm wondering?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Courtesy of Loam - A Guide to BBCode on ATS

Edit to add -

The img tag images are a bit further down the page.

[edit on Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:25:25 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

That's the problem - I post an excellent video such as that - and really feel by offering any comment I will be attacked (call it my great wit and charm) so I did not - why... I posted it obviously because I liked it !

Then a new born poster and an older poster with an agenda against Hoagland/Barra offer no constructive input - just "That's BS" - that isn't constructive - that isn't even worthy of the space of cyberspace it is on - it really isn't.

So I ask why trolls on this thread - actually most of these trolls offer NO input - NO threads of their own - and I have only 10 ignores - if I had say 50 more, i would have nothing to complain about.

Don't you want to see it all and decide for yourself without pointless (because they are) one liners that achieve nothing. They really don't!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No, I only speak the 3rd, 4th, 7th and 11th, and I understand the 20th, a little of the 10th, and just some words from the 8th and even less words from the 9th.

And I think I understand your problem now, even if I really never understood that "indigo" thing and I never see those threads.

But the "hit and run" posts are really starting to affect ATS, in my opinion.

I think we all should be more strict in the way we post (to try to avoid those posts and to try to making go away, even if it's difficult) and in reporting them to the Mods. If people start getting "slapped on the wrist" because of their actions maybe they start to understand that this is not just their playground, this is a place for everyone that wants to be here with the other members.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It's funny ATS really represents AMERICA - and promotes it - it doesn't promote THE WORLD or UNIVERSE (even better)...

Not really, there is a fairly even spread between Europe and the United States. I also think it is very ambiguous to state erroneously that ATS does not represent the world. You are a newer member so you may not have had time to look around yet and see the VERY WIDESPREAD nature of the various members on ATS.

If you are referring to the main language on ATS, well good luck with that one, English is pretty much the global language in the majority of anything mainstream.

this is why I guess Ickes forum is different

Yea, they require much less proof over there, there is actual research going on here.

One liner put downs

Kinda hypocritical aren't you? I am not going to post what you (and many others know you have been saying recently in your threads, in response to your "trolls" but it is usually something like

"Your a fool".......

"Stop trolling my thread"....

All you are doing is FEEDING THE TROLLS!! Leave them alone and you will not have an issue. Also be sure you are not doing the same thing, always make sure you RISE ABOVE the problem, not LOWER YOURSELF down to their level. But like another poster already mentioned, I think your understanding of a Troll is somewhat skewed.

Anyways I hope you enjoy ATS as much as many of us do, also I hope you do not take this the wrong way, I am only offering advice.

PS: This may come in handy for you as well:

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm not denying I get frustrated (human trait) and let fly every now and then... that's just me - trust me I am constantly watching for that...

Anyway after thinking I will post it , so which forum would you post a talk by an indigo child in? thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Maybe the paranormal forum, there are some "indigo" threads there.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Anyway after thinking I will post it , so which forum would you post a talk by an indigo child in? thanks

If posting your own story about being an Indigo Child: Gray Area

If posting about the phenomenon in general: Paranormal

If posting about the claim as an illness: Psychology

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know others have brought it up before, but it would be great if there was a way to do a thumbs up or a thumbs down to a post. I know we have the star system but we should have an anonymous way to show our disapproval of a post without always having to actually write something out. It would save hard feelings sometimes.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

There is.

It's called posting your thoughts on the subject and joining in the discussion.

Remember though, be on topic and don't attack the member.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you Paranormal it is then.

*another question: If an Indigo says they are an incarnated ET from Mars for example - this still does not qualify for the ET/UFO section - the "indigo Child Boriska" comes to mind. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join