It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If it violates the TAC then no you can't post it, conversely, if it does NOT violate the TAC why would you worry?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OK here goes,

I think I shouldn't be doing this but,

I have a question if you were me would you feel like you were being singled out,?

Now I am just asking,

but today this happened,

I make a complaint to skeptic overlord, about the word Idiots in a topic title,

and instead of removing the word Idiots ,he left it , and sent me two warnings

Now under his new forum policy topic wouldn't you think he would have taken care of it instead of immediately sending me,
the complainant

two warning U2U's,

as here.

It is obvious that he is just being mean.

the U2U's

Subject: ONE LINE RESPONSE
sent: 053131p://bSunday2009 at 05:07 PM
A member of the forum staff, SkepticOverlord, has noticed your one-line or less post in the thread,
Union Thugs Beat Patriot at Obamacare Town Hall in St. Louis! .

We want to encourage meaningful responses to threads, and discourage simplistic posts. It can become discouraging for new members or guests to wade through too many short responses, just to get to content that continues the flow of thought. Please review this post, Warnings for one-line or short responses from our site owner, Simon Gray.

A token penalty of 20 points has been deducted from your account for this action. Please, in the future, make an attempt to provide more to the flow of conversation than a simple one-line or less comment.

Sorry for this slight slap-on-the-wrist. Hopefully you take this in the tone intended, as a reminder to make an effort to ensure our content is easy to read, access, and use by anyone who finds it.

Thank you.

For additional information from SkepticOverlord, simply respond to this U2U.

Subject: EXCESSIVE QUOTING
sent: 053131p://bSunday2009 at 05:06 PM
A member of the forum staff, SkepticOverlord, has noticed your use of excessive quoting in the thread, Union Thugs Beat Patriot at Obamacare Town Hall in St. Louis! .

Please review this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
We want to encourage an easy-to-read flow of discussion in our very large and active community. Excessive quoting of large posts causes two problems, one minor, the other significant.

The minor problem is the growing size of our database, unnecessary quoting adds multiple copies of the same text, over and over again.

The significant problem is readability and download size. Long threads with a great deal of quoting can make things difficult to read. And for users on dial-up modem connections, it adds to the overall file-size of the page.

Please review this post, Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote from our site owner, Simon Gray.

A token penalty of 20 points has been deducted from your account for this action. In the future, please make an effort to modify the quoted portion of posts you are quoting, to included only that part needed to make your point, or remind readers who you are responding to. Please go back and edit your post to remove the excessive quoting.

Sorry for this slight slap-on-the-wrist. Hopefully you take this in the tone intended, as a reminder to make an effort to ensure our content is easy to read, access, and use by anyone who finds it.

Thank you.

For additional information from SkepticOverlord, simply respond to this U2U.

Here is my U2U to skepticoverlord
Subject: HI
sent: 053131p://bSunday2009 at 05:02 PM
TY SO how about the use of the word idiot in a topic TITLE?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the Title
"Why I'm Tired of Idiots Opposed to Health Care Reform"

Am I banned?

Now I know you can't beat city hall

and you guys are friends and i am expendable.

Sorry I am nervous

Please note the times

coincidence?

this is not the first time this has happened.

[edit on 053131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You're kidding right?

You seriously think you would get banned over something THAT trivial? Where is the TAC violation? Pure coincidence, READ the u2us, they are "boiler plate/form letters" we created to use as a FRIENDLY REMINDER...

Log off the interwebs, take a walk, get some good old fresh air and all will be better.

Don't let paranoia destroy common sense mate.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

You're kidding right?

You seriously think you would get banned over something THAT trivial? Where is the TAC violation? Pure coincidence, READ the u2us, they are "boiler plate/form letters" we created to use as a FRIENDLY REMINDER...

Log off the interwebs, take a walk, get some good old fresh air and all will be better.

Springer...

You didn't address the issue I brought up.

And I am a Ma'am.

Nice side step.

You know it is the small things in life dear Springer, If one cannot be trusted with honoring the small things, then I can't trust them when it comes to the big things.

So your reply is to make me look foolish?

That happens a lot on forums, deflect.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

How did I infer gender in anyway? I certainly did not sidestep anything either, your question appeared to be "am I going to get banned?", I responded that no you won't.

I have no idea what you are worried about and stand by my suggestion, ma'am.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dear Springer,
I am sorry for complaining, as you know I seldom do, but this is not the first time this has happened to me,

I asked for help from a mod about a week back and the same thing happened he sent me the warning and the people who were attacking me on the topic didn't get a warning,

Now I am not going to say anymore, about this issue,

Just remember sometimes ya need to step up to the plate and call for justice for the,

little gal,
it is obvious what was happening in the U2U's anyone would be suspicious

I am not a writer, or a scholar, I am just your average grandma,

sleep well

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That shines a little different light on it doesn't it? Having all the data makes it easier to discern what you are driving at.

Please u2u me a link to the post you made you were warned over and a link to the attacks you endured. Also u2u me the warnings you received.

Let's see if we can straighten this out.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think StormDancer777 is just a bit concerned regarding the timing of her warnings as to how it might relate versus the timing of her complaint regarding a thread title.

There is an excellent chance it was purely coincidental.

I think she fears that Skeptic Overlord might have investigated her complaint by going to her most recent posts, through the most recent posts feature and singled out her one line response on one thread (in all reality a T&C violation regardless) and an excessive quotation from another post on that same thread (in all reality a T&C violation).

With the timing so close to the time she made the complaint she is concerned it wasn't coincidental but vindictive.

Perhaps Skeptic Overlord has a sense of humor and thought those that live in glass houses should not throw stones?

Chances are of course they were entirely unrelated events and pure coincidence but because her complaint wasn't rectified right away (it later was by FredT after Staff Discussion when she brought it up on a new Members Forum Threat regarding political baiting and maligning) that he was reacting in a punishing manner to her complaint.

Of course she wants to follow the Terms and Conditions like most of strive hard to do but she is having a hard time reconcilling the lack of immediate action regarding her complaint and the two warnings she got shortly after making the complaint.

I don't think it is anything either, but she is worried she did something that might have offended Skeptic Overlord in the process and in large part because of the two warnings she got and no immediate response to her initial complaint.

Thanks in advance for humoring me with this post. StormDancer777 was concerned and shared with me why in a U2U and asked me to respond to this thread in case I could better clarify her concerns.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have a question if you were me would you feel like you were being singled out,?

Only if I were predisposed to being worried about such a thing.

Since I can't find a complaint from you, I'm assuming your U2U to me with the subject line, "HI," is the "complaint" you're referring to.

When I saw your minimal 1-line posts, and very-large quote today, it was before I even looked at my U2U's and noticed one from you. Since I get dozens of U2Us every day, some with much-more urgent subject lines than "HI," responding to yours took a lower priority. You can tell by the bold/not-bold of the U2U title in your outbox as to whether or not I even looked at your U2U, which I didn't until much later in the day.

A simple matter of timing, of two unrelated events.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Howdy. I’ve never posted in this board nor had any reason to.

I’d like to share my depiction of recent troubling events.

I used the ALERT feature 2 or 3 times the other day (Sat) due to
a poster who repeatedly referred to the standing President of the United States as
Ovomit. (Although in fairness, this was prior to the new stricter rule enforcement.)
Those posts were left to stand, despite violating existing T&C.

I received the “boiler-plate" U2U acknowledgement followed by a 2nd which included the following chide:

Where were you when far-worse terms were used and allowed for Bush?

Within an hour later, the following post appeared in a different discussion forum I was participating in:
(name redacted by me.)

Originally posted by xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your concern, and multiple complaints, over a member using "Ovomit" instead of "Obama" has certainly made it clear that your indignation is tempered by your political mindset.

I do not think it is appropriate to have my complaints shared with the General forum.
I feel that what I did was in confidence and it was betrayed.

I am seeking no remedy, but wanted this on record.

Am I paranoid? Sure, this is a Conspiracy Forum.

Kind Regards...Kinda Kurious

[edit on 9-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

We have recently (read the "political thread" in this very forum) reinstated the rules here that deal with these issues.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

You didn't address the issue I brought up.

And I am a Ma'am.

here in Australia we call everyone "mate" as a term of endearment. We call our pets mate, our cars mate - even our enemies mate!

Perhaps we could have an Australian language thread - because of all the ridgy didgy Aussies here on the forum. She'll be right mate. Don't get your knickers in a knot, or you'll keel over. And struth that would be rank caus everyone should know our lingo dingo?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Dang Light Mode. I stand corrected - I see the exact same thing. Yep, that could be terribly annoying.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Annoying but easily corrected, for those that have access to the page's code and to my U2U

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have been away for a few days but can anybody explain to me why the ATS logo now has an S.O.S. in morse (if i remember correctly) in front of it??

Are we in some kind of trouble???

I knew i shouldn't have ignored my trusted laptop for so long and there probably are numerous threads about this change but i can't find 'm...

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So what happens when you get personal attacks in threads and no mod does anything - yet applauds the guy who is doing the attack - just read my U2Us I know you can.... it's from the guy attacking me (constantly) - I don't mind being attacked - but it aint cricket I can't fire back to defend myself by crikey.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by interestedalways
Give me a break..............
Talk about Drama!

Let me see here... reviewing my daily tasks...

(1) review server security logs for five servers -- check
(2) check on status of email newsletters -- check
(3) continue media site upgrades -- check
(4) work my way through a list of new videos for media site -- check
(5) follow-up on site contact emails -- check
(6) prepare for new database slave server -- check
(7) ensure ads are working properly -- check
(8) review site performance metrics -- check
(9) follow-up on important staff issues -- check
(10) work on new video project for ATS News -- check
(11) plan the next three video tutorials -- check
(12) plan for some new flash-driven content perks -- check
(13) oh, and make sure "interestedalways" can't see their U2U's in Firefox -- (please)

As if there's nothing better for me to do than to ensure one member has difficulty with seeing their site U2U's, but only on one browser.

(amazing)

I'm very sorry that the reality of the situation is that I never once thought about anything at all related to you or your account status here on ATS until I saw your posts here in the ATS Issue thread.

I attempted to explain the situation related to the more-intense security on our member's private messages in very clear and direct language, expressed in a patient and non-confrontational manner. However, it's obvious that you wish to read a confrontational tone into my responses, and somehow believe I have the time or inclination to single you out for a special level of mischievous antics... which simply is not true.

That was funny SO.

I suppose it was rather childish of me to blame ATS.

I just can't figure it out but I suppose it really isn't such a big deal since I can use IE after all.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

How do you know he applauded the other guy?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

How do you know he applauded the other guy?

Shall I post his U2U that shows me which he sent - I so wanna - but that goes against my "dobbing in" policy

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join