It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

hellmutt brokered it

Nah, it was running slow and lagging, so SO took it off line to fix it ...

and now he won't give it back.

Edit: Oh and Mr. Overlord ... time slipping?

What happened in 2012?

[edit on 6 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
not sure if this is the right place to post this.

just reporting one of those sneaky ad codes, possibly from the zone located at the top (728x90). at the time, the zone was gray with no ads showing and this popped up.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

You should post it in the Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist) thread.

Also you must reach 300 posts, stars, and flags(it could be 301 of each actually) before you see no ads, but I am not sure if those pop-up ads are too common or allowed, I would post it in the aforementioned thread.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey I was wondering if someone could explain the different Premium types? Or are their even different types?..lol.. I'm just curious.

Thanks,
~TML

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Can we please fix this yet?
In some of the "Mysterious" Group boards, especially Cryptozoology, you can hardly see the page numbers when in "Light" mode aside from the page that you're on.

See the 1? See the 2, 3, 4...?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I just looked at it and I can see all the page numbers. Maybe your browser isn't rendering properly? When you hover over the area where the 2, 3, etc should be, is there a link, or is it blank screen?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Are my eyes gettin jiggy or am I seeing a few people with grey screen where their usual avatars once were? Is it a fashion statement or some type of techmal. Just curious.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I didn't noticed it myself, could you point to an example?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah, ravenshadow's post, 3 above yours is grey except for the background.

Am I going mad? I hope not, I have enough troubles without adding insanity to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anyone else's videos loading REAL slow? I have been having this issue for a few days, it seems to only be happening on ATS.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is what I see, no grey areas.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The initial loading or during the video?

I noticed that they look like they are taking more time to start, but after that I haven't any problems, although at this moment they are slower than usual, they still load faster than they play, with no stops after starting.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Scientology – ads in ATS
See the closed hread www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a continuation of the closed thread www.abovetopsecret.com... (“Scientology ad”) which was prematurely closed by someone the same day it was started!

I use the Add-On NoScript in Firefox 3.5.1. When I here in Slovenia start the above page, first nothing appears that has to do with Scientology. I then allow (so far) only AboveTopSecret in NoScript, and then the following ad immediately appears on top:

“What is Scientology?
Love. Hate. What is the Answer? Scientology. View Online Videos.
Scientology.org”

It was suggested in the thread www.abovetopsecret.com... that Google would put these ads in. But so far that should have nothing to do with Google! I have at this point allowed neither GoogleAdServices nor GoogleAnalytics in NoScript. So if it is really so: HOW does Google put the ad in ATS?

When I click on to www.abovetopsecret.com... (see the first thread mentioned above), another ad text appears:

“Spirituality
Learn about the spiritual answers to life's most difficult questions.
Scientology.org”

When I open this page via a proxy that makes it seem that I open it from another country, these ads DO NOT APPEAR!

That was yesterday evening. A day later – strangely enough – the ad doesn’t appear at all in Firefox, but it does in Opera! What is going on here? I someone playing hide and seek with these ads?

My screen-dumps are already linked to by Gemwolf on the page www.abovetopsecret.com... so that I don’t need to repeat them here. The one dump shows the starting screen of the promotional video and the other the last screen, clearly announcing “Scientology”. Right now, however, I don’t see this video again, but only the ad texts quoted above, with links to click. If I would click a link, the video would probably come. Before, however, it appeared by itself without clicking a link, as shown in the screen dump. Has someone already taken a bit of action here?

It seems unlikely that these ads are generated by Google … It rather looks like someone at ATS has accepted these ads or that they have been hacked in by Scientology!

One thing is to choose to discuss Scientology, and that is what we are doing here now. Another is to present promotional ads and videos about it! And much another thing is to make them appear to persons in certain countries only, and in countries in which the population is by far not as much aware of the dangers of Scientology as it is in Western countries. Since it does appear in Slovenia, I presume that it appears also in other ex-communist European countries as well, which are countries in which 1. Scientology is new to most people, 2. its dangers are quite unknown to them and 3. Scientology will want to expand to.

This is truly sneaky and a danger to persons who are unaware of what they are shown …

Other remarkable threads in this context are www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com... The first one is closed with only one page but the second one is still open.

Again: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? And: HOW COME THAT ATS DID LET THESE ADS IN? They should have been banned!

[edit on 9-8-2009 by memyself]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Both, but it seems to be better now.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I keep seeing multiple threads about the same issue.

The threads themselves are ok but are only presenting one side of the argument.

As an example there are two threads on the boards right now.

One is: Why I'm Tired of Idiots Opposed to Health Care Reform

The Other:Why I am tired of Idiots supporting the current Healthcare Bill

Now both these threads are fine by themselves, but I don't really see a point of creating two things on the same topic and then members spewing whatever rhetoric back and forth from a single viewpoint.

Just seems like clutter and counter productiveness.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

No, I can get to it if I click where the numbers should be. You can kind of see them but it's really difficult. Are you sure you checked in Light mode?

I run on Safari so technically everything should work smoothly here.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by memyself

I don't know how many different ways we can tell you the same thing.... but the ads are generated by Google. You can't block the ads by blocking the cookies (that's all you've done by "blocking AdSense").

We don't "select" or approve any of the ads on ATS and I assure you that Google Adsense DOES use a spider that "sees" keywords (like "scientology" or "fishing") and places ads that have been purchased to appear on pages with those keywords.

Now you know why Google is one of the richest companies on the planet, that's a brilliant system.

I can also assure you nobody has "hacked" the ad servers.

Do some research on the basic technologies of web advertising before you get all worked up over absolutely nothing.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I don't think it's a browser problem, but it could be more noticeable in some monitors, some LCD screens do not show as many colours as other screens, the old CRT screens are better at showing colours.

I have found what is the problem and I will send a U2U to SO.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh thank you so much! I've mentioned it to a few people in the past month or so, but I know how busy SO is and that he probably just put it at the bottom of the list. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten about.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You know I don't have a voice you guys,

This forum is my voice I want to post something but I am afraid if I do I will be banned, and all my post deleted.

can I post it.?

new topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join