It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It looks like the problem reported by SLAYER69 was corrected, the menu now appears as it should, over the Flash animation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sooooo ....

Am I going to have to take another one for the team and say what we've all been thinking?

Really?

No one is stepping up?

Fine ...

What's with the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat look in M@ATS?

There, I said it!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

OK, I understand it now.

As someone that has to do that type of work for a small site, publishing the statistics is usually not on the top of the list for me, I don't know if the same happens with SO and the ATS statistics.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Got busy and the updates slipped my mind. Updated.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The stats usually appear more quickly than this. Hence the conspiracy theory.

[edit:]

*STOP PRESS: Big guns obliterate rumours*

Going over to have a peek now...

[2nd edit:] SO could be stalling.

Nothing there yet. 'The plot thickens'.

(Or 'the servers update'??)

[3rd edit:] Time to deconstruct the disinfo:

"Got busy" when you're sipping penacoladas on a desert island = not sober

DENY IGNORANCE

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Philistine.

[edit on 31/7/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Nothing there yet. 'The plot thickens'

Force a "refresh" of the page.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It works.

So 'refresh' = online masonic handshake

The stats are probably massaged. Keeps the investors happy.

A veritable microcosm of the US economy.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
[edit on 31 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
The stats are probably massaged. Keeps the investors happy.

They're not. And I very-much resent the direct implication that you believe I'm lying or being deceptive.

The stats are accurate.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Only kidding!! Just trying to brighten your day.

Maybe you've been at the desk too long. Not surprising judging by all the changes & improvements.

In reality I don't have a bad word for the board.

You're warmly invited to come & chill out if you ever have the need.

And thanks for solving the enigma so quickly. Much obliged.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not much of a board issue, but more of a question: while the much beloved mutterBox is down, could the special character fix be applied? In the past months I've submitted two suggestions on the subject, but I understand the staff has been too busy attending more serious problems. However, now that mutter is down, it's a great moment for this quick fix; the problem is that the text isn't converted before transmission, and thus is parsed as part of the HTML URL instead of an HTML argument. This poses a huge problem with the following characters: #, ?, &, and a % followed by 2 numbers. Javascript has a built-in function to convert a string to a HTML argument, called escape(). Therefore, the fix would require only one change in the _javascript function sendMutter();

var queryString = "?mutter=" + mutter;

to

var queryString = "?mutter=" + escape(mutter);

I hope it is not presumptuous of me to post this - for all I know, it's down now to apply just this fix. So please just ignore this message if it doesn't help
except this part: thanks staff, you know .. for everything!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One thing I forgot but saw again today.

Can we get the annoying (and thread disrupting) bug that "hides" the last page in long threads, if that page has just some posts?

I know that this is probably hard to solve, but it is very annoying because people that do not click on the "last post" button of one of those threads cannot see the last page.

One good example (and the reason I remembered it) is this thread. If we click on the previous link and then in the ">>" button we are sent to page 319. The problem is that this thread has 320 pages, only accessible if we write the page number on the address or if we click the "last post" button on the subscribed threads list, the button that looks like this:

(click the above image to see the hidden, at the moment, page 320)

This behaviour gets worse with the page count; first it does not show the last page if it has only one post, but if the thread gets longer the number of posts needed to see the page increases.

Maybe changing the link for the ">>" button to the same as the one for the last post would be the easier way.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yo Site administrators , three amigos, and all mods.

Uploading photos is difficult. Ok maybe I am new to this media section and just can not find the EZ right button but, it occurs to me that next to upload media that their should be a choice/ option for upload photo.

Of late the only way I can figure out how to upload photos is by going directly through my pictures. I also find searching other peoples pictures difficult...

Maybe I do not spend enough time their to get my bearings for good navigation.

I'm just saying a nice and distinct separation of video and photos might be something to consider.

OK I found the personal upload button while writing this.

Still I think two buttons , one for video and one for photo would help us all for easier navigation.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Seems like every thread of any length or passion ends up with some posts that consist entirely of a quoted post. no comment, just the whole thing, maybe with a response within the post. apparently the poster wants to emphasize the content but it seems, to me, the ultimate in wasted space. it's less than a one liner as far as new content but takes up more space. but it happens pretty often so I'm wondering if it is a custom on ATS that I'm not aware of. So what's the deal with this? Is a post consisting entirely of a quoted post acceptable (and me just crabby) or should a post contain at least a word or two of fresh content?

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
So what's the deal with this? Is a post consisting entirely of a quoted post acceptable (and me just crabby) or should a post contain at least a word or two of fresh content?

It is not acceptable though as Staff it is difficult for us to see and fix them all; we do what we can.

If you see these posts, please alert Staff to them so that we can take due course.

Thank you...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Photo - Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate (UPDATED)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I humble request, for Flyers fans topic to have the hoax tag taken down until this birth certificate goes though the court system.

Thank You very much,

Never mind, I am slow today,

and thanks

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Photo - Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate (UPDATED)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I humble request, for Flyers fans topic to have the hoax tag taken down until this birth certificate goes though the court system.

Thank You very much,

and thanks

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

and thanks

issue has been resolved

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I was just wondering....

Could we get a faster rotation in the media section in the "Most Recent" category?

I can kind of guess why I'm seeing the same videos day after day from ATSmediaPRO
but... I posted a video it was there for only a day and got plenty of action then today POOF gone. I'm honestly really not that concerned about my recent video getting hits. I was just thinking if that's how quickly member posted videos get pushed out in favor of ATSmediaPRO videos This means I'm possibly missing some great member contributed videos.

AGAIN I understand why it is the way it is but....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Don't mean to be a pain in the mutt ...

Any word on when/if we're getting our mutter back?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What happened to mutter?

new topics

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join