It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Hey bud,thanks for the reply.
Where the personal threads are now listed on the right of the profile page used to be a list of all the threads flagged by the specific member.

Do you know if this still exists somewhere?
(I hope it does as it made the decent threads a hell of a lot easier to
find
)
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

In a lighter mood, which is where I prefer to be the majority of my oh so simple life, I have to make a confession...

Dog, I actually spend a large amount of time on ATS just waiting for your next avatar to show up. You are priceless and always help to inject a little much needed humor into the site.

BTW...your "evil puppy" is still my favorite.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by argentus

Hey bud,thanks for the reply.
Where the personal threads are now listed on the right of the profile page used to be a list of all the threads flagged by the specific member.

Do you know if this still exists somewhere?
(I hope it does as it made the decent threads a hell of a lot easier to
find
)
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]
I don't think you can anymore.. therefore flag lovin is anonymous.. he he. I guess you have to post in them to be able to find them now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Once I start getting used to one system, bamm, they change it on me.

Why not hover over the flag status to display total points?

Why not switch to a monopoly style point system where members have little green houses or big red hotels?
Also, members go directly to jail for T & C violations.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OK I don't want to spam this but I've been looking for about three days now and still can't find an answer.
Flag Contribution Level.... The obvious is that it rises the more flags you receive.
Is this correct? It doesn't have anything to do with giving flags out does it?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

It is for flags received

For the complete overview please visit this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello,

I am not sure if should post in here, but i have a few questions.

Is it me, or am i seeing threads that walk path of delusional thinking or is that to post a thread on ones personal interpretation or for the mere fact to post a thread just for the fun of it a normal aspect within this site.

Although i am new, i am trying to find it hard to find descent posts which will provoke me to go out of my way an investigate in my own free time.

I have only seen about 10 threads in the past two weeks by specific people who i have and are following as their input is some what way above average. With several of them i may have exchanged u2u's and with some others i have not.

In my humble opinion perhaps some form of distinction between fantasy and reality might be the filter to keep several threads clear of posts which serve nothing apart from occupying ones keyboard.

P.S.
I am referring to the ATS section.

tristar

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry for interrupting the FLAG ISSUE THREAD WITH ANOTHER PROBLEM!

Is anybody else having a problem with pages loading up slower recently while waiting for DIGG?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

A little bit. This morning the page took a little longer to load an dthen eventually DIGG popped up and everything was fine. I cleaned my cookies and what not and then BAM, working like a charm now. Now sure if that would help you, but it helped me.

To answer your question: Yes...lol

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thank you

Please resume the flag discussion.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL, well it seems like there's nothing more to discuss. SO and the rest of the staff seem to have stopped commenting on the Flag thing either way.

I don't know how I feel about all this any more. Sure, I got the Flag indicator in the mini-profiles that I had been pushing for - but at the expense of the Applause bars, Points, and Mood, it seems. Which I know a lot of people aren't happy with at all. So if anything, I'm feeling kinda guilty now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't get why they don't just bring back the old bar which was here before the titles and now the flag bar. Hadn't that old bar line been there for years? Never heard anyone complain about that one, lol. Why fix it if it ain't broken... And all that.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just thought I'd drop in to whine a bit about the new flag bar.

As many people have already said, this system completely ignores the most important function of ATS, the discussion that ensues after someone has presented a hypothesis.

I have two suggestions:

• Perhaphs we could get a colour bar/box that indicates overall level of participation using things like stars, applause, posts etc. in an undisclosed algorithm. The bar does not change in size, just colour. I miss having something that uniquely reflected my involvement in the site, not something to show off with, just something to set me apart.

• My other suggestion is more of a request. I would far prefer not to have the flag bar at all. Could there not be some way to de-activate it? In all honesty, it's pretty insulting.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I will speak on behalf of the staff again....

The topic of Flag is OVER. It has been settled. SO and the entire staff have said it over and over. Its done. The Flag system is what you have, so be happy with WHAT you have.

As a reference:

Bills Decsison of the New System

[edit on Jun 2nd 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Just because something is law doesn't mean we have to like it.

ATS of all places should allow dissent and opposing voices. I'm kind of over it personally, but I won't begrudge anyone who wants to keep fighting the decision.

They have a right to.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
I will speak on behalf of the staff again....

The topic of Flag is OVER. It has been settled. SO and the entire staff have said it over and over. Its done. The Flag system is what you have, so be happy with WHAT you have.

As a reference:

Bills Decsison of the New System

[edit on Jun 2nd 2009 by TheMythLives]
I would like to know how you do that. Link to a specific quote/post on a page.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Copy the "this post" link. It's right above a person's post, to the right of the date and time.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
reply to post by seagrass

Copy the "this post" link. It's right above a person's post, to the right of the date and time.
ah thank you, never noticed it.
Now how many flags does it take to lose flood control????

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The point system, the star system, they never worked the way I think they were really intended. For alot of reasons. For starters, People are more likely to star posts on the first 4 or 5 pages because those are the pages people are more likely to read in a thread dozens of pages long.

A perfect thread has lots of stars and flags (behind the scene applauses) but no more than two or three pages of responses.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What has happened to A.T.S?

Im not sure I should be starting a thread like this for fear of being flamed or even banned!

But here goes...

Ive been away from A.T.S for about four to five months now and I have noticed on my return that everything has changed. Im not talking about the user interface or the addition of A.T.S media, Im talking about the quaility of the posts and the amount of disinfo in most of the threads. Its seems that the majority of the new and some of the old members are trying to make A.T.S a laughing stock with silly tinfoil hat topics that are ludicrous. For instants take the first thread I read when I came back to A.T.S... "THIS PLANET NEEDS DEPOPULATION" I mean come on! The OP comes across as a nice guy and all but the underlying tone is a seriously disturbed view point as are some of the replies on the same thread one reading "we need to start with the prisons. If they have a life sentence change it to death. The prisons are full. We are to weak when it comes to punishment. Kill them dont feed them." By this threads reckoning we should all be sterilized and or killed off! It may upset the OP but it does sound a little N.W.O'ish to me.

Another thread that caught my eye was a thread by the same OP as above entitled "Many of you are actually Aliens". How can he post this crap when just a couple of hours before he was telling everyone that the world needs to be sterilized. I dont understand.. really.. I dont. I know it seems like Im singling this guy out but Ive read a great deal of the other threads this week and they all have the same under lying non A.T.S'ness about them. I dont know. Maybe Im looking to much into things... or am I. Has A.T.S been infiltrated by Spooks! I think I'll ask SPOOK..y Fox Mulder.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Hmmm! Seems like my suspicions are well founded. I post a thread for discussion and I get diverted to the back of some 135 page no mans land.

Can a moderator please explain this to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join