It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myanmar: the will of Karma - or planned Weather Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just some months ago, in Myanmar (Burma), a lot of Buddhist monks were killed and tortured as the whole world watched.

Two days ago, a huge cyclone Myanmar kills more than 22,000 people - edition.cnn.com...

Is that the will of Karma? God? Buddha?

Or a planned Weather Control action as an act of revenge to what's happened to the Buddhist monks some months ago?

What do you guys think?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its something called the weather

I dont understand why people find this cyclone so unusual. Its a common thing in this part of the world at this time of the year

I mean we were watching monitoring it making sure it didnt swing to the south towards Australian waters. Sure it killed thousands of people, but why are such tragedies always labelled as being something out of the ordinary

Sheesh

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Interesting idea, karma eh? it is quite the coincidence but I will have to agree with OZ on this one........just plain old mother nature doing her usual. Now only if she or the weather gods could produce some sunshine here in Vancouver instead of rain.....that would be nice.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Natural Disaster

Please excuse the one line post... it was all that was needed.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What happened to your other thread about the cyclone and it happening in one of the poorest parts of the world?

Anyway, isn't everything the will of God, including something planned?

Ooops, never mind my comment asking about your other thread. There is a different one authored by another member. Sorry.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Karma has no will. Your post title reeks of Western ignorance, arrogance and patronage.

Kindly use your brains, and your manners, before you decide to post such offensive rubbish on an international web site. Thanks.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Not to agree with the OP here, but I can't sit idly by and have other members here attacked for no reason. Do you have proof that he is in a location that could foster this "western arrogance"? How do you know he doesn't live where you do?

Furthermore, this "international site" is a board where members are free to post whatever theories and speculations they choose. So to attack the OP for no reason other than you disagree with him does nothing more than display a certain level of "ignorance" itself.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

How do you know he doesn't live where you do?

Oh, I am quite certain he (or she) does not. I live in a country where Buddhism is the majority religion (over three-quarters of the population). The next most prevalent religion is Hinduism. Nobody living here would be remotely likely to speak of the 'will of karma' -- unless they were a particularly uninformed and insensitive Western expatriate.

Nobody living east of Suez would make that mistake. And I will take a strong educated guess that the poster in question doesn't live in Africa.

My compliments to you for leaping so gallantly to the defence of another member, nonetheless. That was well done, even though your chosen protege does not deserve you.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Karma has no will.

Indeed.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how the deaths of 20,000+ civilians could be misconstrued as revenge for the deaths of the Buddhist monks. What does one have to do with the other?

Let's just face it, places that don't have a significant amount of infrastructure (hospitals, community-evacuation plans, emergency rescue teams) in place to react to emergencies will suffer major population losses in the event of natural or man-made cataclysms.

And if it was karma, then why haven't the families of the leaders of Myanmar's military junta gone through the same agony of death and loss as the families of the Buddhist monks who were killed a couple of months ago?

[edit on 5.6.08 by toreishi]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
No Karma, no weather manipulation, but possibly the (in)inaction of a corrupt and evil government that has little concern for its people.

The Burmese govt had at least 2 days warning and - so it would seem - did nothing to pass that warning on or arrange any form of evacuation.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd have to say that it's 'karma'. First thing that came to mind when I saw the death toll rise from 10,000 to 22,000 was the issue of human trafficking and child labour. I don’t know anything about the issue with Buddhist monks though.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How is it karma when it is from among the population where these victims of human trafficking come from? And it is their children who are being coerced (forced?) into child labour, and all of these people who died in the recent cyclone come from the general population as well. So how is it karma?

If we're looking for someone specific to blame for this catastrophe and loss of human lives then we should look to their government and their leaders who have been negligent in their responsibilities to safeguard the well-being and safety of their own country's populace.

Some info on the "Buddhist monks" issue:

BBC
Atlas Shrugs

[edit on 5.7.08 by toreishi]

top topics

join