It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnostic texts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find out more about the Nag Hammadi library collection, specifically the missing book. Can anyone recommend any websites which cover this?
Thanks

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You have to pay for this:

www.jstor.org...

But it seems a rather in depth research article.

www.schoyencollection.com...

Pictures!

And here it is, available online.

www.gnosis.org...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've heard a bit about this missing book before, apparently it has some sacred texts that will change alot of our modern day thinking over what we've been taught before.

Are you doing some research into anything particular for this information. A friend of mine was talking about in terms of Gnostics and using it to get a better understanding of their teachings if I remember correctly?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This may be useful to you.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Here's another site that hosts the texts: the The Nag Hammadi Library

Edit: I actually think this is a mirror or something of one of the same links Jadette posted.

Anyway the Gospel of Thomas is included among the texts, and it's a shame it wasn't included with the New Testament. It would've definitely shown a more mystical side of Jesus.

Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

[edit on 8-5-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Just realised i have the APocalypse of Adam on hard drive, but i cant attach it so heres the link: alge.anart.no...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know why the Gospel of Thomas was not included within the Bible? Was it part of a conspiracy not to show this mystical side of him and therefore manipulate the way he was seen and thus worshipped?

Were they conspiring even back then to portray Jesus in a certain way and miss out alot of what he was actually about.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caspar2012

That's exactly the deal.

If people understood what the Gnostics were about, there would be no going through priests to find god. No Pope. No fees for sins, no Inquisition. Even sermons and masses would be radically different, if they were to still exist at all.

Even near the end of the Corpus Hermeticum text (link in my sig, a Gnostic text), Hermes tells his student that, if he tries to speak secularly about what has been revealed to him about the true nature of god around other Christians, then he would surely be deemed a heretic and killed (unless this was a misinterpretation). It is radically different than "Jesus died for your sins, go to Church, you owe us money." Today the Church has lost enough of its power that they can't kill you anymore for sacking their beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yeah you're right on that. But the Catholic church does still seem to weild alot of power. Probably not enough to kill us but they can still seem to keep things covered up and not let things get out, they seem pretty intent on keeping the way we view Jesus, as you said they do get alot of money out of keeping it that way.

They seem pretty keen on keeping alot of control and power. It'd be interesting to know how much stuff they do still repress and hide from us.
That's why when groups like these Weaver guys are saying they've got secrets against the church I'd like to see how they react to it and try and shut them up and protect themselves.

new topics

top topics

join