It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA4 Music Question (any Special Edition Owners know?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's two music tracks on GTA4 I really dig, and would like to get the band name and song for them. Unfortunately, just like in real life, the DJs in the game refuse to tell you who and what you're listening to. How anyone ever actually LEARNS a song or artist name amazes me.

Anyway, both are on the "Vladivostok FM" channel.

The first one is the default song playing on Roman's car radio when he comes to pick you up after the opening animation for a new game (assuming you let the opening animation play all the way through and it's your first game). It's got a female vocalist, and the main chorus sounds for all the world like she's counting to three in German. I don't know German, so bear with me, but it sounds like she's saying something like "Ein, Fie, Dri, shikky shikky kai, yai...". I know that's not much help, but hopefully it's enough to go on.

The second one sounds more French than anything else, but the male vocalist sounds a little like Leonard Cohen (dry, gravelly voice), and is interspersed with an catchy little accordian loop.

Anyway, if anyone could tell me what the name of the arist and song are for these, (and in case both are funny fern' words, clarify which is artist and which is song title), I would be grateful.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Could it be
99 Luftballons?
The song appeared in the computer game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on one of the in-game radio stations. In the game's prequel, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, one of the side-mission objectives is to find and pop "99 Red Balloons."

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Vladivostok FM

Vladivostok FMDJ: Ruslana
Genre: Eastern European music[8]
Tracklist:

Gruppa Kino - "Gruppa Krovi"
Marakesh - "Zhdat"
Zvery - "Kvartira"
Seryoga - "King Ring"
Seryoga - "Liberty City: The Invasion"
Splin - "Liniya Zhizni"
Basta - "Mama"
Leningrad - "Nikogo ne Zhalko"
Ranetki - "O Tebe"
Dolphin - "RAP"
Glukoza - "Schweine"
Ruslana - "Wild Dances (Ukranian FM Version)"
Oleg Kvasha - "Zelenoglazoe Taksi (Club Remix)"

wiki is your friend:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Could it be
99 Luftballons?
The song appeared in the computer game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on one of the in-game radio stations. In the game's prequel, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, one of the side-mission objectives is to find and pop "99 Red Balloons."

Ummm... no... no, I'm pretty familiar with that song, and this is specifically in reference to the Vladivostok radio station on GTA4. Neither of these songs appeared in previous titles that I know if.

Originally posted by Crakeur
Vladivostok FM

Vladivostok FMDJ: Ruslana
Genre: Eastern European music[8]
Tracklist:

Yah, and the list of all the stuff they play on the radio is available in the booklet insert too. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing which of those songs are the ones I'm looking for, and guessing from the names provided doesn't really help.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Found it!!!

Hooray for Amazon...

The first (female vocalist) track is "Schweine" by Glukoza.

The second (male vocals w/accordian) is "Nikogo ne zhalko" by Leningrad.

w00t!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
you can dial 948-555-0100 on the in game mobile while the track is playing & u'll get a txt back of the song title & artist, a pretty neat feature.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oooo. Thanks! I was wondering what that phone number was for.
That'll come in handy, as I've found some other songs I really like.

join