It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unknown plane photographed over cali [hoax ?]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
bizarre plane pic over california

the story here: cali plane

thoughts anyone ?? possible hoax ??

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Reminds me of a squished version of a Saab Draken or Sr-71. Looks like it could of been photoshopped in too. In my opinion the contrail starts too close to the aircraft and (the contrail) too wide for how close it is to the aircraft. Too much contrast, high flying aircraft typically have a blue overlay over them due to the atmosphere.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. Figured that we should actually post the story.

California-04-24-08-
I was fishing on Lake Trinity, and heard the sound of an aircraft engine. It was a very low frequency sound, but I felt it more than I could actually hear it. I only had an older Sony digital camera with me, the batteries were almost dead. I snapped 4 pictures before the camera shut off, only one came out when I read the disk.
I observed the aircraft until it vanished. It flew straight and level, I was unable to guage its size since I had no reference. But a best guess, since I have seen airliners fly over a couple of times early in the morning, I would say it was as big as a medium sized airliner, probably the size of the space shuttle. I know aircraft well, this did not look like anything I have seen out at Nellis.

It was very quiet, when an airliner flies over this lake, I hear it long before I can see it. This thing was already overhead when I heard it. It was flying southeast, as if it was on course to Las Vegas. One thing that was strange, just before I heard it, or felt it, I had a funny feeling that something was watching me, so I scanned the shorline thinking there was something watching me, then my exposed skin warmed up fast and only for 15 seconds as if I was hit with a microwave beam.

Almost enough to make me want to jump in the water. Then I felt it and saw the exhaust trail and grabbed the camera cause it was a single contrail, larger than any airliner.

The one shot that came out was at the camera's highest zoom, it is a 10X optical zoom. I was really reluctant of reporting this, the course it was on, well it flew over the most heaviest forested, least populated part of Northern California.

This thing left me with such a strange feeling that I packed up and sped home asap. I was scheduled to be on the lake through the weekend. Now I don't think this thing is alien, but it is a UFO because I don't know what the hell it is.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Initial thoughts on the photo:
-interesting
-possible twin engine contrail
-possible canards
-interesting delta shaped wings
-could easily be PS
-interesting back story that sorta makes you question posters sanity

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I agree Cobzz those are all good valid points.
-contrail distance
-colour of the plane

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There are some Drakens with civil registrations. They've appeared in movies and a Saab auto dealership in Sacramento had one (I don't know if they still do). National Test Pilot School has a couple as well (also in CA). Just my guess. They appear from time to time in airshows stateside.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
thats why I posted that here, I knew you guys would find anomalies in the picture.

The story that goes with it is weird......why would this plane have the ADS (Active Denial System) effect on someone on the ground ?? that part makes NO sense.

active imagination I would venture to guess...

Keep up the good work fellow ATS'ers !

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The outline looks quite similar to some of the conceptualized images of the FB-22 (proposed fighter/bomber variant of the F-22), or maybe I'm just seeing things.

...then my exposed skin warmed up fast and only for 15 seconds as if I was hit with a microwave beam.

...why would this plane have the ADS (Active Denial System) effect on someone on the ground ?? that part makes NO sense.

This is pure speculation but maybe that's how the observer (target) on the ground would feel when the radar on such a plane activates it's "offensive" mode - seek and fry the hell out of the enemy's electronic systems as opposed to seek and find.

old FB-22 discussion on ATS

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents,

BUT, it looks like a Saab Draken to me with the ever famous undermarkings of the F 117 in flag paint scheme format, one of the remaining four that just retired to Holloman.

It could be photoshopped for sure too, Canada_Eh has made a great point on the contrail proximity. As far as the test pilot school and private ownership, that is as logical as anything too. Then again, it could also be part of a movie shoot too, were there any other aircraft nearby? Not that it matters as it could be in transit to a movie location to be fimed as well. Remember the James Bond flick with the little 'Silver Bullet' jet??? People thought that was a new test aircraft for a while too.

Anyway, interesting find here!!!

Peace, Mondo

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would vote that it's a Saab Draken if I had to, but the picture's got a couple faults that kind of steer me away from that.

Look at the engine nozzle area. The Draken has a very prominent, single nozzle whereas the back area of the photographed aircraft appears to have two nozzles, and no obviously-sticking out single.

A lesser fault, look at the engine inlets. Draken has two obvious but tapering nozzles. The rearward parts of the inlets are a fair bit larger around than the start, even if they are perpendicular to the nose of the plane. I don't see quite the same inlet on the picture.

I concede that the picture is distorted, and it appears that the aircraft is either pulling away or towards the camera, which is going to make its profile a bit off. I also concede that my observations may be a result of the distortion (The second one being so wouldn't surprise me), so they may not hold water. And, in fact, Draken is probably the best guess since it is a civilian-legal aircraft and the wing does seem to match it nicely. But I'm still a little muddled over the engine nozzle thing.

Ah well, my two cents.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not seeing the twin nozzles (I'm not saying they aren't there, only that my old eyes can't make them out). And the contrail appears to be single, not bifurcated. Also the cranked arrow wing and broad wing root intakes are consistent with only the Vigen off the top of my head. I agree the angle makes it hard to tell for certain. Just my two pennies.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
There are some Drakens with civil registrations.

Any photos or regs that you could link us too Del? It could be a Draken and thats what first came to my mind but the story is too weird. as for the photo we can try and track it much like what the B-2/Polecat photo on the board right now as well.

Wow awesome you guys are beating me to the punch this is the stuff that I was think exactly but just wanted to see if I could find other images to help explain the points. Also another far out explanation would the the switchblade.

enlarged image with silhouette enlarge in corner.

showing some of the outlines,shapes and colours changes I see in the image

For reference an image of the Draken

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Found these:

N35350

Former Danish A/C in the states:

Flight Test Dynamics - FTDI:
AT-155 now N155XD, Flying
AT-156 no reg. Crashed
AR-106 now N106XD, Flying
AR-116 now N116XD, Flying

National Test Pilots School - NPTS:
AT-151 now N166TP, Flying
AT-153 now N167TP, Flying
AT-154 now N168TP, Flying
AT-157 now N169TP, Flying
AR-110 now N117FR, Not flying
AR-117 now N217FR, Flying

I supposed to be working at home; I don't have time right now to see if they're all still current.
I'll get back on it later if noone picks up the trail from here.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have only one thing to say.....................

Outstanding work Canada_Eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you go over the top every time, every time! Splendid research work!!!

I am really impressed with the degree of detail and scrutiny in this effort already and I for one stand corrected in my original impression of what it may be!

Peace, Mondo

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mondogiwa

Thanks Mondo.
Its nothing that I don't normally do but any comment from you is more then welcome. Hope all continues to go well with you.

As for the regs Del I'll see what I can dig up thanks for the work so far its great!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well a follow up from Dels post with info etc.

AT-157
www.airliners.net...
AR-117????
www.airliners.net...

NTPS
-We have two J-35 single-seat aircraft and four SK-35 two-seaters.

If the plane in question was a Saab J-37 Viggen that would explain the Canards and almost curved like wing. But question is if there are any in the states again.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Honestly, I dont see how it could be a Draken. Yeah sure the silhouettes could be similar, but to really write this off as one seems a little too...ridiculous.

First thing I thought was photochop, but it just doesnt seem to be one. That canards theory, anyone remember the sighting of what was being loaded into a C-5 leaving a Boeing facility at some point in the Aurora Saga timeline? They said it had canards...but, the given the resolution and zoom of the camera it could just as well be distorted. Good bit of research effort being put into it too. Defenitely has my attention.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the Viggen theory...

www.airliners.net...&sok=V0hFUkUgIChhaXJjcmFmdF9nZW5lcmljID0gJ1NhYWIgMzcgVmlnZ2VuJykgIG9yZGVyIGJ5IHBob 3RvX2lkIERFU0M=&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=28&prev_id=1254909&next_id=1249415

lovely shot curteosy of airliners.net.

but, the wing "curves" the wrong way. sure it could justify the canards, but the trailing edge of the wings that hang out past the butt-end in the photo in question...whats that about?

and as far as the realism of the photo itself, what is the aircraft hanging over the contrail for? it occurs to me that an aircraft leaving a contrail actually has the front end of the contrail trailling behind it at least a slight distance. there is almost none here in the photo to speak of.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by truthseekerX]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For pity's sake it's a Klingon bird of prey do you guy's not recognise this ?

You can tell by the odd tint on the wing's that it has just DE-CLOAKED jeez.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 6-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My big problem with the picture is that for it to be that sized, and leaving a contrail, the thing would have to be huge. I've seen pictures from the ground of a 747 or C-5 that you could barely see leaving contrails. So either contrails are suddenly capable of forming at a much lower altitude, or this thing is monstrous.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Since I'm no expert on atmospherics or aircraft, maybe I'm wrong here, but that occured to me just as I was leaving the thread...if it's at any sort of an altitude to leave a contrail, it's a monstrously large airplane.

That Klingon bird of prey remark, may not be so outrageous...lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join