It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: "I didn't vote for George Bush"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hey Seagull,

I had a feeling someone would say just that. You of course wouldn't be surprised to know that I have heard this before since I have given much thought to the subject of not voting. All I can say is don't take it personally, or at least let it frustrate you. What you have said is very true and I have no doubt about it as again I have thought about this for a while. I know what you mean.

I won't go into the why I am not voting because it isn't just based on the corruptibility of our candidates and goes into stranger areas. Areas most people won't believe or much less discuss publicly.

I could go through the motions and vote but aside from being VERY annoyed with these politicians of late and the very government itself, I personally don't think we will get another president at all. I could be wrong but I just don't see it happening for various reasons. That is another story of course, and if I go into it there will be more about my posts I am sure you and quite a few others wouldn't like.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by lee anoma

lee anoma.....you used the word 'victory' in reference to the Shrub's installation as 'president'.....

Yes. Even if it was set-up/rigged he still became President. That is what I meant by victory. They won, even in spite of the sheer incompetence, unabashed lying and pathetic mismanagement a large number of people still voted for Bush to be president on two different occasions. There you go.

In fact the brain (Karl Rove) orchestrated the smear against McCrazy, eight years ago.

Yes I know, he was behind everyone of Bush Jr's political endeavors.

In fact I agree with the rest of your post as well.

However:

What have Americans become? A bunch of 'conspiracy theorists', looking for a boogey man around every corner....paranoia prevails.....

I don't understand what you are saying? Is this directed at me? What did I say that was paranoid?

I didn't mention a boogey man. I don't believe in boogey men just powerful, corrupted individuals that steer public opinion. There is nothing really mythical or magical about Karl Rove, his colleagues or equivalent.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Nope, not surprised at all. I'm sure everyone who doesn't vote has, to them anyway, valid reasons for not voting. I accept that...disagree with it, but accept it. Actually, disagree is a mild term, but I don't want the little red flaggy thing, so I'll go with disagree.

I suppose the reason I disagree so strongly is that its those very people, the ones who don't vote, I mean; who complain the most afterwards. My view is, if you don't participate in the process, you've really no voice in the aftermath.

This is my not so humble opinion, of course...feel free to disagree (hmm...there's that word again). Though I am curious to how you phrased your reasons for not voting. I'd be curious to know them, word of honor, I'll not divulge. Feel free to U2U me, if you choose. If not, we'll agree to disagree.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sorry, lee.....none of my comments were directed at you.

My idea of a common mentality....of following the political pundit du jour, is what I referred to.

Sorry you took it personally, wasn't directed at you, it was for the audience to swallow, and digest (hopefully...)

WW

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
personally I think McCain is nuts ! crazy as a three dollar bill !

Boy...we sure have some bad candidates in 2008 !

Hillary is a lying, backstabbing no-good hypocrite.

Obama is a closet-eliteist, liar and flip-flopper.

McCain is just plain psycho, his temper would get this country in deeper do-do than it already is.

Too bad Ron Paul does not stand a chance.

Will we ever see a good president again ?? I think not. Money and power-lust have ruined politics FOREVER. Not one politician can ever be trusted ! they may start out with concern for the "average joe" but quickly they are brought into the fold and soon turn their back on "average joe" and pander to lobbyists and corporate interests.

The Rich and Wealthy should not be allowed to run for office. they only care about money and power.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
LoL. Just like my dad. When he got that quirky little smile on his face you knew you were in for a big hurt.

Originally posted by ianr5741

McCain seems to me to be the type of person who has some incredibly intense internal emotional pressures that are bottled up, and only rarely make it to the surface. Though soft-spoken and calm publicly, I see him as the kind of person who would turn on his wife and beat the everloving crap out of her.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

jpm.....MY dad used to keep his emotions bottled up. I'm the same way...but when I blow, it all comes out!!! Gee....I should run for President, as a dark horse Irish-American single gay retired airline pilot, with issues!!!!

Darn it!! I don't have the POW status.....shoot!!! Well, I'll get myself captured, and spend some time....and when I get out, and I'm 75 years old.....THEN I'll run!!! Yeah!!

Has no one ever looked at McCrazy (bless his heart) and realized that, IF he gets elected.....for a four-year term....he will be 80 years old, when running in 2012???? (If he lasts that long....)

See, MY conspiracy theory is.....at the Republicrats convention, they will put up a VP nominee....the one they want, in case McCrazy dies in his sleep.....

Just a thought.....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Rofl WW, you're ok in my book regardless of any past misunderstandings.
Whacker for pres, has a ring to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join