It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: "I didn't vote for George Bush"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

McCain: "I didn't vote for George Bush"

www.huffingtonpost.com

At a dinner party in Los Angeles not long after the 2000 election, I was talking to a man and his wife, both prominent Republicans. The conversation soon turned to the new president. "I didn't vote for George Bush" the man confessed. "I didn't either," his wife added. Their names: John and Cindy McCain (Cindy told me she had cast a write-in vote for her husband).

The fact that this man was so angry at what George Bush had done to him, and at what Bush represented for their party, that he did not even vote for him in 2000 shows just how far he has fallen since then in his hunger for the presidency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Whoopsie!

If you're running for president, watch out what you confide to people who run high-profile political websites at cocktail parties!

Arianna Huffington reports that John McCain did not vote for Bush in 2000, and elaborates on the deep hypocrisy of his confession and his campaign's denial.

It will be interesting to see where this goes; McCain may have some very unwelcome scrutiny coming.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
wouldn't most Americans be happy.. seeing as how he is one of the most unpopular presidents.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If I had to guess, he probably wrote his name in as well. So he can say "he didn't vote for him", but I doubt his reasoning is all that noble. He sure is supporting the hell out of him now. He generated far more support for Bush than his one vote would offset. He is credited with how much support he provided GWB during the election. So, weather or not he voted for him is kind of irrelevant. I guess it does illustrate that he will do what he is told, regardless of how he feels personally. I am not so sure that is a good thing.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I guess it does illustrate that he will do what he is told, regardless of how he feels personally. I am not so sure that is a good thing.

good point... not quite leader material

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
McCain is such an enigma. He quite frankly scares me with what comes out of his mouth at times.
I believe they did bad bad things to him in the jungle and he is unable to make reasonable judgements or discourse at times.
This of course is my humble opinion.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

That's my biggest concern about McCain also. There's a very good chance this guy had some serious psychological effects from being tortured over a long term as he was, and that kind of thing can stay hidden for years. Especially with someone from the "suck it up and walk it off" school of thought.

We're talking about putting this man in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
But to me....

The scariest part, is the other presidential candidates are not much better.
Whoever rounded up the three of them to parade in front of us must have been laughing their arse off, knowing full well our choices are a joke. At this point, nothing is legit and serious about those three running for president. How can reporters on CNN or any station start talking about them, and not laugh out loud because it really is one big joke?

Seriously, they cannot be serious about those three running for prez, and they are our only choices. When will the truth be out that it all a big joke, and then they finally present to us, someone who CAN run this country??

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

That's we we're calling him 'McCrazy'.

"My friends..." There is no way I want four years of this man....he's 75 now.

How in the hell could you consider a man that old to be qualified for the Presidency?? Just guessing, the Republicrats are hoping he will name a running mate that they like, and wish him to die in his sleep....thus cementing their continued stranglehold on the country....

Comedians like Rush Limbaugh, and Bill Oh 'really?' O'Reilly want Hillary to win the nod, because they fear Obama. Clintoon's wife? They can tear into her flesh...they're mysogonists anyway. But.....a Black man?!? They can't do anything....and they know it. He's smarter than they are......

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
McCain seems to me to be the type of person who has some incredibly intense internal emotional pressures that are bottled up, and only rarely make it to the surface. Though soft-spoken and calm publicly, I see him as the kind of person who would turn on his wife and beat the everloving crap out of her.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

This is true.. I always said, if McCain ran, I would vote for him hands down. He has changed in the past year and a half.. into something I could never vote for.

Just another politician.

Bush and McCain used to hate eachother, now they are buddy buddy..

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So he didn't vote for Bush? So what? I don't get it? What's the big deal?
I would think ya'll on the left would be happy that he was smart enough to not vote for him.

So McCain is damned if he votes for Bush and damned if he doesn't?

Bush owes McCain. He lied about McCain in the 2000 election and even started that ignorant 'black baby' smear campaign against him in the South.

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
We're talking about putting this man in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal.

Would you rather have a guy in charge of the world's largest nuclear arsenal be someone who hangs out with Weather Underground terrorists who have no remorse about blowing up the pentagon? (Obama).

Originally posted by weedwhacker
... O'Reilly want Hillary to win the nod, because they fear Obama.

Hillary is a better person to run the country then Obama. Obama is a racist and has no experience. He hangs with Weather Underground terrorists and has spent the last 20 years 'not listening' to anti-white sermons from his Uncle Wright.

If people would rather have Hillary then Obama, it's not because the 'fear Obama' ... (except perhaps fear that he's a freak'n menace to the world) ... but because they KNOW Hillary is a better candidate.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They are ALL politicians guys.

We sometimes convince ourselves otherwise because they are all we have to choose from.

If you were in their position you would inevitably end up just like them because it is a shallow and corruptible world of temptations where you end up showered with favors just to give a simple thumbs up on a project. Eventually I am sure you would convince yourself that what these lobbyists, or your more insidious party members are pushing for is probably a good idea in order to assuage your conscious.

I used to say I'd vote for McCain as well, and even Hillary but I have seen some things during this current race that have made my jaw drop.

I am now independent and considering not voting at all.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Misoginists? How the heck do you figure that one? I don't like Ms. Clinton either, does that make me a misoginist, too?

John McCain, as much as I don't like him, is the best of a sorry lot. Unless someone really begins to run a good independent campaign, I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold my nose and vote for the man. He's shown that he will cross the aisle to work with dems, a point in his favor, imho.

Too old? I could wish he was younger, but old age shouldn't be a determining factor.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Too old? I could wish he was younger, but old age shouldn't be a determining factor.

I agree. Biological age doesn't matter at all. McCain at 74 is healthier than I am at 46. If you look at his parents, etc etc .. you see his DNA stock and it's very good.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I am now independent and considering not voting at all.

- Lee

I liked your whole post, save for this one little sentence...

What, exactly, does it accomplish? Not voting. If there is a nefarious group of "them" outthere, isn't this exactly what they want? For us to stay home and not be involved? This is, perhaps, the single most important election cycle in American history, certainly in my lifetime. Even more important then the 1980 election, IMHO. We cannot just turn our backs on the process.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

If you're running for president, watch out what you confide to people who run high-profile political websites at cocktail parties!

It was really no secret that there was some bad blood between the Bush and McCain families so I would be surprised if he DID vote for him.

When "someone" started circulating libelous propaganda that McCain had a bi-racial (black/white) love child in order to turn off certain segments of the conservative voting public that would frown upon an interracial relationship (sadly this says more about the public in question) it was one of the things that really damaged McCains campaign since as we know the truth matters not as long as the lie and rumor are widespread. It also showed McCain that people would hit below the belt. At his children.

Of course the child was adopted and not biracial or biologically McCains, but knowing that the people that did such a thing in order to secure George Bush's victory were more than likely part of his campaign (if not simply involved in the plan) if he voted for him he would really have been forgiving, desperate or foolish.

I'm betting though that he is of the forgiving kind, if going by this awkward man-hug:

Looks like hes trying to feed.

McCain needs to stop trying to pandering to a party that looks at him dubiously at best. If he wins the election I have no doubt he will do exactly as his party wants him to. In other words...we could end up with another four years of this mess. McCain needs party approval because I fear he may feel rejected and isolated at times.

- Lee

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan.....the 'WeatherUnderground' link is a ploy, a dirty, underhanded slime being flung at a person who doesn't deserve it.

There is an old, old term....it's called 'mudslinging'....it was coined years ago, and it is a proven political tactic....to 'sling mud' at your opponent, and it serves a second purpose....it blinds the eyes of the voters too!!

All analogies, of course....but it tends to affect opinion.

There's another term..."Yellow Journalism".... old, but appropriate, I think....

WW

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
We must remember that McCain, first and foremost, is a fighter pilot. Fighter pilots are, by and large, an incredibly selfish lot, loyal only to their own kind, and even then only to a certain point. If they weren't, they would be dead fighter pilots. They are always looking for an edge, to take advantage. They will use whatever means at their disposal to achieve their aims.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if John wrote himself in on the ballot in 2000. It doesn't surprise me at all that he has sold himself out to be the GOP candidate in '08. His political survival supercedes ethics and morality, and everything else, at this point.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

lee anoma.....you used the word 'victory' in reference to the Shrub's installation as 'president'.....

In fact the brain (Karl Rove) orchestrated the smear against McCrazy, eight years ago. It culminated in the Florida re-count debacle...(Gee....the Governor of Florida was Bush's brother, and the AG was a staunch, crazy Republican.....hmmmmmm.....)

AND, the Supremes had already been appointed....by Bush Sr.

It was the year 2000, when the United States Constitution was first shredded.

The basic premise of OUR democracy was the separation, and the balance, of three powers....the Judiciary, the Legislative, and the Executive.

This concept has been lost....has been corrupted....it was happening behing the scenes, but became most apparent in the 2000 'election'....

The United States of America, as a 'representational democracy' seems to be a failed experiment. It has fallen to corruption, by forces within....greedy, money-grabbing forces....

We see many more stable, 'parlimentary democracy' systems, in other countries....and they will prevail, it seems....

What have Americans become? A bunch of 'conspiracy theorists', looking for a boogey man around every corner....paranoia prevails.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join