It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they may just be joy riding....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think you may be right, there must be a time when
the little pumpkin heads say "to hell with it... let's rock!"
and joy-ride.
It may have been a mistake on one of these outings that
the Roswell Incident occurred.
Anyway, a lost explorer or a Joy-rider... I tend to go with
anything that rhymes with Roy Scheider.

Oh... and Sigourney Weaver DIDN'T say "screw that" at the
Chompas. FACT.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

there are many different species of aliens...

from what i hear most are good...

we are still babies when it comes to technology and civilization...steam engines,riding horses for transportation and stuff like that wasnt that long ago...plus we still fight each other and do other retarded stuff. (how about gangs in LA that fight over what block they live on?lol..sad)

i'm sure we are being watched..i hope the gods(aliens) come down and show us all the way..i know the way must be to help spread good & life throughout the universe.

i recently found this video and it is amazing...
video.google.ca...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
One thing our Scientist have to get over is the fact that all living beings "do not" need what we need to survive. Oxygen we need for survival and oxygen to other species would kill them.

They aren't going to come here and clean up the mess you made you have to do your own clean up and as far as they are concerned the human race is evolving to slowly.

One thing they will not allow you todo is destroy Earth because it is there Laboratory.

They will do what they can to help but you will probably never really believe that or see it.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
One thing our Scientist have to get over is the fact that all living beings "do not" need what we need to survive. Oxygen we need for survival and oxygen to other species would kill them.

Exactly what I feel as well... damn we're finding life in the most unlikely places on earth, let alone somewhere that's evolved a many millions of years longer. Many scientists seem to overlook the fact that life don't have to exist on a 1 in a billion cherry picked planet, it can exist in many forms and means.

I think UFOs are here for as many reasons as there are variants... from abduction stories a common DNA/research/experiment theme. Other footage and stills looks like they're here for the ride... haha. It is quite possible our life was seeded by them as part of a big experiment.. who knows.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I find the theory presented by the OP plausible...after all, humans tend to go out joyriding and seeing the sights the Earth has to offer, so why not aliens as well?
I know that when I go out on a clear night and look up at the sky, all the stars and galaxies that can be seen with the naked eye...and then add in all the billions that can't be seen. It seems pretty absurd, not to mention human-centric to think that ours is the only planet with (supposedly) intelligent life forms.
The idea that scientists think that life needs what a human needs to live is one I have never gotten used to...reminds me of the movie Men In Black where an entire galaxy was tiny enough to fit on a cat's collar. Our human perspective of scale may not be common, or even apply in other locations around the universe.
We as humans need to think outside the box and be open minded to what mysteries the universe holds...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think many here are taking the "joy riding" thing a little too literally.

Mainly, what I mean is that perhaps we are just a quick little stop to gather samples from and then take off. Or maybe we are found on the way to other places. It really doesn't matter, but I for some reason must assume that if one species has visited us, many have. And it is our self-arrogance that trumps again, in assuming they are very interested or vested in us in any way. They may find us to be absurd and move along.

Human beings are quick to add creative little tid bits to information so people listen to us. Its an action of our brain sometimes, not even known to our conscious.

I suppose my logic leads me to believe that even if there was disclosure, some people might actually be DISAPPOINTED in how the story plays out, given that we have so many fanciful thoughts on the subject. Food for thought, friends. Thank you all for your great contributions, I am thoroughly happy that some people share my idea!

To ignorethefacts... I just don't know what to say, do you have anger issues? I mean, completely unprovoked you come in here and try to hijack a thread with pure hatred for a person you don't even know. You are sadly one person here on ATS that I truly never wish to meet in person, and that might be the first time I've ever thought that.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No matter what the thread is about,it always ends in some sort of ego battle!Which of course ruins everything.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

Have you been an ATS member long enough to know that? lol..

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
sorry to go off topic,but i didnt want to have to start a new thread to ask what happened to Sleeper's blog called "I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials"?

i heard about his thread and found it,but it's locked so i couldnt ask there.

anyways,take care

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

I am not entirely sure, because I just kinda weaved in and out of that thread, but I believe it was decided he was basically spreading disinformation (falsifying stuff), which is against the ToC. I could be mistaken...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
my 2 cents...I truly believe we are not alone, it would be unrealistic to think otherwise. The size of the galaxy, let alone the universe would lean me towards believing. My problem is this...if they are there or here...where ever, we are not evolved enough to interact with them. So, in my mind I have chosen to try and make an effort to evolve. Our mind is the key to life, the universe and everything in between...so I am going to spend each day trying to develope that sense of existance...one of 3 things could happen...I lose my mind, i awaken or I wake up and pay the rent...I have a 66.6% chance of coming out ok. Funny how that works out. Athough it could be my imagination but that's what this is all about. Life will give us the answers...we have to be open and look for the answers...they are there.
Basically, life hands us challenges and you will find the answer in your daily life...I think it applies to every situation. Do aliens exist? The answer has to be here somewhere.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hiyah Santa....

Another thought provoking thread by you I see, and inspired by me and my thread as well

I am just getting up to go to work or I'd leave a longer post, and I will do that when I get home....just trying to chug enough caffeine so I don't kill any angry commuters if they should swerve over and hit me while they are blabbing into their darn cell phones and I only have one eye open jamming to the tunes...

One thing I will tell you though that's along the lines of your thread, I was watching one of the "Phoenix Lights" documentaries with my Dad over Xmas break this past year... and he'd never heard of the incident but he looked at me and said, "a mile wide craft with windows?? Tourists perhaps on a galactic 'cruise ship'?? Watching us ape-like beings club each other in the streets?" LMFAO and I laughed my you know what off...

Anyway, good thread, I will post my opinion when I get home

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
To the OP, if you want my viewpoint, read my signature.

For those who want the full bit:

"Easy, I got a lift with a teaser."
"A teaser?"
"Yeah."
"Er, what is..."
"A teaser? Teaser are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them."
"Buzz them?" Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him.
"Yeah", said Ford, "they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right in front of some poor sould whom no one's ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae on their heads and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really." Ford leant back on the mattress with his hands behind his head and looked infuriatingly pleased with himself."
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Frank Drake gave us a leg up on the question in 1961.

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL
* N = The number of communicative civilizations
* R* = The rate of formation of suitable stars (stars such as our Sun)
* fp = The fraction of those stars with planets. (Current evidence indicates that planetary systems may be common for stars like the Sun.)
* ne = The number of Earth-like worlds per planetary system
* fl = The fraction of those Earth-like planets where life actually develops
* fi = The fraction of life sites where intelligence develops
* fc = The fraction of communicative planets (those on which electromagnetic communications technology develops)
* L = The "lifetime" of communicating civilizations

FACT is in Geological Terms we are here for such a finite slice of time that in Galactic terms we may just barely briefly exist at all .. a flash in the Galctic pan.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

Hm, I hadn't thought of that formula before writing this thread but it certainly makes sense.

Yeah maybe our few million years here is only enough time to be seen by one or 2 species, or not at all. Maybe we will exist (not as we are of course) for billions more, and get the chance to see the rise of new ecosystems in planets.

But then, maybe the uni is full of life all the time, and we are newborns in a galaxy wrought with life. Lots of evidence shows we are new additions to the milky way and we aren't even fully part of it yet, so maybe this is a galactic jungle with its inhabitants taking a peak at this new little clusters of rocks coming their way.

Star from me, friend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join