It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they may just be joy riding....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I was thinking this after viewing Lateapexer's post on a very random, very LONG sighting of a UFO.

Please go to this thread and flag and star the poop out of LA, as she inspired my theory..LA's Thread

So basically, I was thinking that UFO's are nothing MORE than a random phenomenon.

Let's consider the fact that life is NOT the exception to the rule in the universe.. We know SO little. Let's say that there are billions of planets out there that are QUITE capable of supporting life over many many years, Lets say that we are at the bottom of the food chain in the Uni..

My opinion, this theory is just as plausible as any. We are clueless, and scientists on this planet are only scratching the surface.

I think there are TRILLIONS of life-forms out there and BILLIONS that are intelligent (maybe even beyond us).

So here it is.. Maybe our planet is just a stop on the tourist attraction that is the Solar System. What if there are no greys, or what if greys are what everything evolves to be?

So many sightings, so many different types of craft. I think we're dealing with more than one species.

Again, I question, maybe evolution is the same on every planet and our apex is to become grey, until our bodies become imperfect, where we must seek out new land.

Sorry if this is alittle broken, but I hope you get the main point: we are smack dab in the middle of something VERY odd.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Ok, I've got 35+ views and no response, time to go to bed.

I think this might be due to the fact that MANY people have a predisposed position on what exactly UFOs are. Maybe some of you are so convinced of something that you refuse to believe otherwise.

They COULD be military. They COULD be earthly... They COULD be greys... They COULD be reptilians.. They COULD be ANYTHING..

Give me proof they are anything BUT anything... YOU cannot. I know, impossible challenge.

There is a very strange amount of empirical evidence on the subject... Nothing definite, nothing that screams truth... Maybe that's it...

Or maybe this question has been asked 1,000,000 times.. If someone answers that this is the case, I'm fine with backing off, as I see it as a plausibility.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I pretty much agree with you. There are worlds out there billions of years older than ours. And I certainly don't think that this planet is in any way unique in the way it supports life. Just look at where life on this planet has evolved. Any and everywhere it can get into. Why this shouldn't be the norm on other planets is beyond me. Infact,i think it's far more bizzare and laughable to think that we're the only planet to have spouted life. When there are billions upon billions (IMO) of planets out there with the same capabilities. If these worlds were formed millions or billions of years before ours,then it stands to reason that there's going to be more advanced than us.

And think about it,when (not if) we get into space travel properly,what will we do when we find a planet with life on it. We'll want to study it,maybe kidnap a few of the occupants and put tracking devices in them to see what they get up to. We do it to species on our planet that we want to watch (including people) So it's perfectly plausable to think that ET would want to do the same thing. (maybe they have different intent and purpose,but I;'m sure you can see what I'm trying to say.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

(Didn't go to bed, wanted to see at least one response).

Acid,

Agree entirely. One needs to consider alternatives. And if one is to consider alternatives, they need to consider alternatives to their alternatives.

I think, evolutionarily, we are ahead technologically and behind in our thought processes.

This correlates to all that is us.. Why must we subscribe to belief? Can't we evolve in our own lifetimes?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well,i think that there's only x ammount of evolution one can do in a lifetime. As these things take hundreds and thousands of years. Unless,of course,we're helping things along. I agree,technologicly,we're prety advanced. It's just a shame that the general populace will probably never know just how far we've come.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Personally, all and sundry ..any noumenon has it's corresponding phenomenon.

That is, anything imagined has the potential of being realised providing enough time.

Given this scope then these things could be anything or everything, or more particularly subsets of this, as we endeavor to inform it with our very limited and infantile knowledge.

So joy rides..# y!eah ..and it's probably you piloting them too

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There are some excellent points in your OP, SantaClaus:
have star & flag from me.
IMHO, the more we approach the phenomena in a serious, pondered way, the more we have chances to have an idea what is actually being observed in our skies.
There's a huge list of natural phenomena in the lower and upper atmosphere, some of them not completely explained:

Red Sprites,

Blue jets,

Giant jets,

Sprites,

Elves,

Ball Lightnings,

Atmospheric electricity,

Earth lights,

Earthquake lights,

Hessdalen Phenomena (animation)

Ignes fatui,

Plasma,

Mountain peaks luminosity,

Noctilucent clouds,

St. Elmo's fires,

Transient Lunar Phenomena,

Sunset mirages,

and we have some meteorologists here, who would be able to provide more, more more examples;

add to this plane, helicopters, birds, balloons, weather balloons, kites, blimps, bugs, meteors, and again a huge list of options:

i mean, at the end there's much stuff to rule out before talking about UFOs.

Once ruled out this and all the other stuff i've (of course) forgot, then we have UFOs to study and on which to build a case history:
now that would make much sense.
But if we put alltogether into a mixer, then of course we have a huge series of events totally unrelated.

And in genuine/unexplained cases, many shapes have been reported:
domes, saucers, oval, cigar, cylinder, flat, conical, hat, saturn, sphere, egg, triangle, delta, boomerang, diamond, building, and one time even a horse have been spotted in flight (just kidding on this last one, ask Jamie Maussan for more infos)

But i have also to say that here on Earth we have many different types of vehicles, crafts and so on.

So i'd say that it's very difficult to say who actually is visiting us, but many points in your construction do make sense to me.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

My opinion, this theory is just as plausible as any.

Not exactly. The theory that is 'personal testimony' of alien abductions adds to the plausibility.

So here it is.. Maybe our planet is just a stop on the tourist attraction that is the Solar System.

So basically, I was thinking that UFO's are nothing MORE than a random phenomenon.

What you said is in direct opposition with each other. So what direction are you intending here?

[edit on 063131p://6u44 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a brilliant post from the op. i agree that there is way too much stuff out there for us to be the most intelligent species. i also think that everything could evolve into the same species over time also, although this would possibly take billions of years for this to happen.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Oh,we can't be the most inteligent species,look at the state we're in!!
if this is the best the universe has to offer,then switch it off.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
reply to post by SantaClaus

Ok, I've got 35+ views and no response, time to go to bed.

Shame, I had a lot of my own meaningful stuff to contribute to your thread, but after being admonished for not replying fast enough to satisfy your lust for attention I'm not going to bother. Sorry others don't see through you, but to most of us your type is as transparent as glass. In fact, I bet you are clicking right now to reply to this post before even reading through the rest of it, lol.

This is the typical reply to their own original form someone who posts something at 5am in the morning and does not see the reaction they demand from such a "brilliant" post by 5:30 in the morning after a measly 35 views from a board that sees over a million visitors a month. People like his are deluded to the point that they put so much weight in the importance of what they say. These are the type of folks who read their own posts over and over and get a kick out of it. Then they admonish folks who don't respond quick enough to their "brilliant" revelation.

I have heard Springer call this the "digital ego" And he is correct. While we all have this disease to a certain extent, I think it is important to point out the extremes, such as when someone posts a thread for half hour in the wee hours of the morning (for the MAJORITY of ATS membership) then cries they aren't getting the "attention" such an ego deserves before a large amo0unt of people have even read it. Have you considered that the 35+ people the read your posts without replying think you full of self deluded bs? Do you expect them to come in here and state it, or just move on, not wanting to feed such trollish behavior? Or should everyone who reads a thread feel compelled to reply to it, so the OP doesn't have their gentle feelings hurt?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Or maybe the OP worked for 10 hours prior and just needed sleep after his (admittedly) broken up, out-there theory...

Ego?? Who has more of an ego? Someone who presents a theory or opinion or one who chooses to ignore the rules of the forum he/she posts on simply for the satisfaction of degrading another.

And as for BS, well what I was saying, is that maybe all of us are full of it.

I really don't know that I've ever been more insulted on these forums... You could have called me a $&%&( $&^%&*$ $#&^%, but at least if you had actually attempted a response at the OP, I'd see your need to be here.

My opinion is just that.. opinion. Tear down the argument not the arguer.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

An honor and a privilege to see you on my thread, friend.

Your post is great, and just another hitch in the road to finding what we're looking for. I think the more we find fault in our logic, the better we are equipped to perfect it.

Besides the pics being good evidence that there might NOT be anything intelligent out there, they are beautiful. Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

but at least if you had actually attempted a response at the OP, I'd see your need to be here.

Speaking of which, you didn't respond to mine

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's quite possible. Anything's possible actually. Although I do subscribe to the theory that we will eventually evolve to become Greys.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

My opinion, this theory is just as plausible as any.

Not exactly. The theory that is 'personal testimony' of alien abductions adds to the plausibility.

So here it is.. Maybe our planet is just a stop on the tourist attraction that is the Solar System.

What you said is in direct opposition with each other. So what direction are you intending here?
[edit on 063131p://6u44 by Lucid Lunacy]

My apologies, LL.

I only find a couple abduction cases that I could not explain simply with sleep paralysis. Fire in the sky is one of them. I love that story, but it could be a lie.. I don't know, I've never been abducted.

Many abductions vary in the type of species that is doing things to the victim. The fire in the sky case is one of these. First he is in a room with grey-like beings that are a different color, and then he sees a bunch of white, blonde people in blue suits.

As far as contradicting myself, I'm not sure you understood. Have you ever gone on a vacation without really knowing where you're going to end up? Not many people do, but I have. Maybe we are not more than a blip on their radar until they get closer, they come take a look, get bored (as they may have seen life all over the galaxy, or universe) and move on.

I choose to believe that maybe we aren't all that evolved as a planet and there may be even billions of planets that can support, and do support intelligent life. So perhaps these aliens aren't all that impressed once they see us.

This would explain why craft are always SO different. Sure there are lots of discs, but there are also pods, tubes, and whatever that thing in LA's thread is.

In the end, my "direction" is towards being more open minded and don't BELIEVE anything until you have enough evidence to convince yourself. Too many people get a childish excitement about the phenomenon and I think it hurts the cause. We need to be more objective.

But I do understand where you're coming from.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Once again, a wonderful post that describes you, perfectly, as the ultimate troll.
Here to promote proper grammar, sanitized threads, and ego bubble bursting.

They should give you a badge and a title.

As for the O.P., well I agree with you sort of. Maybe some of the aliens are here to see us personally, for whatever reason. Maybe some are here to refuel on our volcano's.
Maybe some are here for the cows, and others the dolphins.
Maybe visiting earth is a frat dare. Kind of like a universal cow-tipping.
Some might be here on purpose, and others may not even recognize we are here.
But I agree that one explanation is not nearly enough. Even if we had all sorts of indisputable proof, would that only cover one or two questions?

[edit on 6-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I only find a couple abduction cases that I could not explain simply with sleep paralysis. Fire in the sky is one of them. I love that story, but it could be a lie.. I don't know, I've never been abducted.

I believe I have. Search "Lucid's Abduction Experience". Sleep paralysis is an important part of my thread. It's 11 pages or so, but i'd be interested in your thoughts and input.

As far as contradicting myself, I'm not sure you understood.

Well you said it was "nothing more then natural phenomenom", and then rationalized alien visitation. That seemed in opposition because natural phenomon usually entails terrestrial events. But I understand now what you are saying.

To add to what you're saying. Maybe visiting this planet isn't chance and a mere tourist stop. Let's look at the evidence at hand. All our evidence suggests human like beings with human like intellect is unique in the Universe. All the evidence at hand suggests a planet full of oceans and diverse life, is also unique...at least in our solor system... You're saying lets look at the evidence right? Well looking at the evidence I have, I see potential motive for a conscious species to want to visit us.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I can see by the responses to that post I hit a little close to home. I'm sure the next time I post something I deem important and no one answers it in the time I deem necessary I will cry as you do, then come back later and blame it on lack of sleep. That's the problem with this place, everyone thinks their idea is the most important thing, and gets their feelings hurt if people don't fall all over themselves to acknowledge the op's "wisdom" Me, I could care less, but by pointing it out you can now see how I am right.

But as to your theory about us being a tourist stop for the universe, I find that laughable. Plausible, yes, but still laughable.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Good post to Internos, probably deserved its own thread though.

Even though I do consider what Internos posted, I still have no doubt they exist and I ALSO think they're just cruising around exploring and probably, no doubt, a few rogue that have tried to be God's in the past. I mean, just read Ezekial, you combine that with other past gods and IDK what really was going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join