It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Weapons In Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I was reading about the war in Afghanistan on the cnn webpage a few years back. I remember in article they were talking to a high ranking usa military figure who said they were useing "brand new technology" in fighting and hunting down Al Queada. He said he couldn't comment any further then that. I was just wondering if anyone knows or have heard about any of these new technologys? New military jets? New weapons? New Servalance Equipment? I'm always interested in new technologies created by the military.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by UltimateSin]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
don't hold me to this but weren't the Americans going to use nuclear bunker busters in Afghanistan to weed out the taliban in there deep tunnel networks? Of course they never did.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
They have a couple things. One is a hand-held radar device that can detect movement up through a foot of Concrete.

Another is a small drone the size of a large bird that can fly into small buildings (even without being noticed) and take video.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Meh he wasn't referring to anything truly extraordinary, more than likely he was commenting on the new Hunter-Killer UAV drones like the Predators, Skyhawks, etc... which had been outfitted with Hellfire missiles and used to remotely take out top-level Al-Qaeda officials. Which at the time, had not been tried on the battefield before.

Or maybe Bunkerbusters, new cruise missiles, but there haven't been too many reports of unusual weapons in Afghanistan from what I've read. Iraq has been the testing ground for those.

[edit on 6/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSin

there's a thing under the banner of search engines,types called by different names like yahoooo,goooogle,whatever for all ya answers grasshopper.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong

there's a thing under the banner of search engines,types called by different names like yahoooo,goooogle,whatever for all ya answers grasshopper.

You people are more insightful then google

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I Roger that.

G'day UltimateSin .
Your post is just open for all, any thoughts ideas.
Would be Great if you found something in this area(weapons),now thats a topic we all can have ago at..
I've heard about sonic pulse's,what ever,I think the last thing I read about new stuff was in Israel,corpses in the conflick were wrong no concussion nads do this.
Regards
Zelong

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

A brand new CBAR (curved barrel assault rifle) has been unveiled, It’s principle was based on the previous developed mysterious curved barrel rifle in the Second World War, the previous curved barrel rifle had a deadly limitation that is the bullet fragment,

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Ah your mean "CornerShot": Picture

That's hardly battle ready, I'd like see how long it would last in Iraq after you dropped it on the ground.
It's in testing and a few prototypes have been built but it has not been issued to any army or law enforcement agency.

Plus it's an Israeli weapon, they'd be the first to trial it.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Not to mention the fact that it's just a handgun, a camcorder, and a door hinge all taped together. I doubt anyone would want to carry that extra weight around when a hand-grenade through the window is far more effective.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hahah exactly..

Plus it would encourage over reliance on technology instead of favoring traditional fire and maneuver tactics to take out threats you can't see. No need to equip a soldier with a $50,000 dollar rifle when a $90 dollar smoke grenade and some good ol' fashioned suppressive fire will do the job.

The only way I see this thing working is for it to be mounted onto vehicles to cover blind spots and replace gun ports, but then again they already have remotely operating tank and machine gun turrets.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The thermobaric BLU-118 'cavebuster' was used first in Afghanistan after hurried development.

www.globalsecurity.org...

The WASP MAV and Reaper UCAV may also have had their debut there.

However, seven years on and lots of high-tech later, the insurgency grinds on: sometimes the human element is a lot more important than any amount of firepower.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Go read Blackwater, the Americans have a new kind of ammunation avaible which hasnt been approved by Congress, it doesnt pierce. When it hits the target it literally explodes ripping holes through people. An American soldier shot and Iraqi in the but with one and it nearly ripped his entire leg off.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
darkness07:

Yes Hollowpoints, they've been around for sometime and are not NATO-standard ammunition and have yet to be regarded by the UN as legal in warfare. Which is why Hollowpoints are not standard for US Forces, although some branches do use them. (SF, Delta, etc...)

But that's nothing extraordinary. You could blow off someone's leg completely and quite easily with a .50 Calibre BMG round.

new topics

top topics

join