It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighborhood Air Raid Siren Tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Today there were air raid siren tests where I live in Boulder, CO. They occurred once in the morning and once in the evening, each time followed by a "this is an emergency systems test". My roommate said it had something to do with preparing for a flood, however my house is nowhere near where a flood could happen.

Has anyone else experienced random air raid siren tests recently? Or even any strange government activity in general?

Recently we saw a large military plane fly real low to the ground right outside our backyard.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I actually had a strange dream not to long ago about the occult and Boulder. CU to be more specific. Anyhow in this dream I witnessed many strange things. That is neither here nor there.

Anyhow I have been seeing Bombers flying over westward where I live (undisclosed location) but close to you and hearing what sounds like thunder but no lightning. The past few days have been overcast but I have not seen any lightning or rain. I also saw a Golden star earlier tonight sinking in the south. No sirens, but I have a feeling Boulder is in the cards.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jupiter and Neptune - Jupiter rises a few hours before sunrise. By the end of the month, the king of the planets peaks above the horizon a little after midnight. Other than Venus, it is the brightest “star” in the morning sky at magnitude -2.2 to -2.4. Due to Jupiter’s location in the southern constellation of Capricornus , it never gets very high this year.

Astronomical Events in May:
transientsky.wordpress.com...

This might explain the "gold star" in the South, being that Jupiter reflects an orange-to-gold color.

As for the Boulder EWS tests, there IS a fairly high probability that there could be some sort of flooding this year, due to high-altitude precipitation levels, and the Boulder Municipal Emergency Services are trying to be as ready as possible. Many people aren't aware, but much of the city of Boulder actually is in a floodplain. It doesn't flood very often, but we are well overdue (by 15 years now) for our 100-year-flood. Depending on where you live, the flood may be more or less severe. Our most immediate danger areas are around the Canyon-Arapahoe area where flash flooding can occur, which is the problem we're most concerned about.

Map of the Boulder Max Floodplain (multiple flooding levels):
gisweb.ci.boulder.co.us...://gisweb.ci.boulder.co.us/website/pds/pds_floodbase/

History of floods in Boulder:
www.getboulder.com...

Military aircraft from the CO and surrounding National Guard units have been flying training sorties near the area with the intent to be prepared for the possibility of having to airlift food, medical, and engineering supplies as well as perform medical evacuation duties. If you can see the tail number (There should be a two-letter code in reference to the state, and then a series of numbers below), type it in on google as "Tail Number (state code)-(number)" IN QUOTES. Usually the Air Force and Air National Guard keep pretty good references available as far as the homebase and operations listings for their aircraft. It's likely they would be from either Buckley ANG base southeast of Denver, or Peterson AFB, which shares runways with Colorado Springs' main civilian airport.

Hope this helps!
:-)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here in my part of Texas they test out the Tornado/air raid sirens the first wednesday of every month....

Nothing spectacular, just a test. Of course, this time of year, we NEED it to work in Texas as there are alot of Tornados in this area this time of year

There is also a weekly emergency alert broadcast system test that my on my TV. But it is done at about 2 or 3 in the morning when most are in bed.( I am not most)

I would guess what they are doing is just normal testing to make sure they still work. Got to keep those things up and running. You never know when you might need to alert the city of impending danger.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. If they thought there was some attack going to happen they would either let everyone know or just plain not do anything. Just a system check is my guess, but then again I suppose I could be wrong and they were some kind of bizzare warning that the world is going to blow up soon. But I doubt it.

peace and love.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Each month or so I believe in my state all local authorities are required to sound the emergency sirens to ensure all is working well. Unless I am mistaken I think the siren sound is the same for tornados or scud missiles.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
here they do it every tuesday afternoon like clock work!!

It is always about the time i put my son down for his nap.. figures

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Everyday at noon here, unless its rainy out.

I hardly notice it anymore.

new topics

top topics

join