It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

China mounts cyber attacks on Indian sites

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

China mounts cyber attacks on Indian sites


www.bharat-rakshak.com

NEW DELHI: China’s cyber warfare army is marching on, and India is suffering silently. Over the past one and a half years, officials said, China has mounted almost daily attacks on Indian computer networks, both government and private, showing its intent and capability.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is insane, could this be taken as an act of war. What happened in Estonia is an example of what China could do to not only India but the US and Europe as well.

And please note this is a very credible source.

Take a look at this video broadband.indiatimes.com...

www.bharat-rakshak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/5/08 by asen_y2k]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
looks like they have hacked wall street and the stock market jacking prices up on everything. not really but its possible!



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
give me a break and stop the finger-pointing again and over again, you are sounding like that there are only Chinese hackers on this Earth with hundreds of millions Netizens. *Yawn* Guess the anti-China propaganda machine is working full time



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
He is not finger-pointing at China enough. China is aggressively pursuing Informatoin Warfare in aims to cripple networks prior to other attacks and have been doing so since early this decade.

India is considered a US allie and China plans on taking the Spratly Islands which belong to a number of countries. China doesn't want India to become a formidable opponent on the world stage as the US is enough for them right now.



[edit on 6-5-2008 by jetxnet]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
He is not finger-pointing at China enough. China is aggressively pursuing Informatoin Warfare in aims to cripple networks prior to other attacks and have been doing so since early this decade.

India is considered a US allie and China plans on taking the Spratney Islands which belong to India. China doesn't want India to become a formidable opponent on the world stage as the US is enough for them right now.


So elaborate your points of "prior to other attacks", so what attacks?

Spratley Islands? Oh you are talking about those oil-rich islands group somewhere South-East of Vietnam, North-East of Malaysia stretching to Taiwan? Which are officially for certain areas disputed between Vietnam, Malaysia, Philipinnes and China? Hah, so when did India started to claim a piece of the cake too? Get your facts right first please.

*sigh* Another China hater without any logic in the reasoning, or at least only logic being propaganded by the systematic biased Western MSM..... Seriously, simply screaming some outright claims don't mean you are right. You are merely spreading BS.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Thanks for changing my post in your quote there IchiNiSan. Do you use this tactic often? Funny you are.

That is correct, the Spratlys are Oil rich and several nations have sovereignty over them, but China is trying to claim sole ownership by installing military installations where China shouldn't be.

India was taking South Vietnam's side over the disputed territory claiming China was moving in without invitation. China was moving into South Vietnamese claimed territory of the Spratly Islands.

Attacks before attacks? Which kind, do you mean food contamination, Lead in toys, contaminated blood thinner or hacking US networks?



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Thanks for changing my post in your quote there IchiNiSan. Do you use this tactic often? Funny you are.


??????????



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is China to Blame for India's Cyber Problems?


Hard to say what to make of this story, which relies on unnamed sources. Maybe there’s something to this. David Utter, who writes at Security Pro News (where I first read about the Times story) thinks so: “Publicly, blame for such attacks tends to be spread around by government types. Hackers of undisclosed origins stand at the end of the finger-pointing of guilt. Privately, everyone knows exactly who is to blame. In India, research into attacks routinely found their origins in China.”

But maybe there’s some convenient fear-mongering here, too. Whoever it is who talked to the Times has a pretty clear agenda – convince the powers that be to provide more funding to boost India’s cyber warfare capability. As the Times reports, “Dedicated teams of officials — all underpaid, of course — are involved in a daily deflection of attacks. But the real gap is that a retaliatory offensive system is yet to be created.” (Emphasis added.) What better way to convince the Indian public that hard-working civil servants need more money? Say they’re protecting the country against the Chinese.


Source

Government seeks NIC cover against Chinese cyber attacks



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
*sigh* Another China hater without any logic in the reasoning, or at least only logic being propaganded by the systematic biased Western MSM..... Seriously, simply screaming some outright claims don't mean you are right. You are merely spreading BS.



"If the West is being accused of being brainwashed by the Western MSM propaganda machines, then people should be skeptical about that maybe that brainwashed-Westerners-stereotype is merely one of the brainwashing propaganda results by your own Government and media."

I read something like that somewhere...



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet
 


Ah, I see you have editted your post. That's why, well, the "EDIT" fuction is yours to use for editting incorrect information anyhow after reflection



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
"If the West is being accused of being brainwashed by the Western MSM propaganda machines, then people should be skeptical about that maybe that brainwashed-Westerners-stereotype is merely one of the brainwashing propaganda results by your own Government and media."

I read something like that somewhere...


Hehe, there is nothing miss with busting someone's balls. Anyhow, I will refer you to a few articles, which is actually off topic. And the signature was put there when debating about the Tibet Issue and being accused of being a disinfo agent or brainwashed. Only if you are interested. Here.

www.workers.org...
www.nytimes.com...




[edit on 6/5/08 by IchiNiSan]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus
 


Enceladus, for your information, I have not rejected the idea that there is no cyber-attacks from China, I do have doubts if all these so-called cyber-warfare is centrally coordinated. AND I merely pointed out that Cyber-attacks is not the monopoly of Chinese hackers. I just hope the world is less naive to think that only the "evil China" is cyber-attacking the rest of the world. You can almost count on that equally as much cyber-attacks on China and Chinese related websites are the order of the day. You just don't hear about that in your Western media.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Probably just some kid in China running a port scanner from bot nets.
In the US you can't put a box on a network for ten minutes without someone from somewhere in the world running port scanners on it looking for open doors.

So Kids. . . Never run naked on the internet.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Cyberbian]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm sure China would be more than happy to let the world know of any US hacking attacks on the Chinese government network.

Titan Rain (do a Yahoo search) and you will find some detailed information about China's effort to hack the Pentagon and other US military systems.
It is more than just an occasional thing, but rather a highly organized and ongoing effort.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

Hehe, there is nothing miss with busting someone's balls. Anyhow, I will refer you to a few articles, which is actually off topic. And the signature was put there when debating about the Tibet Issue and being accused of being a disinfo agent or brainwashed. Only if you are interested. Here.


Frankly, I think the Tibet mania (abroad, as opposed to inside Tibet) was supported mainly by rabble rousers looking for an excuse to protest. I doubt many people really care about Tibetan independence (rightly or wrongly). Personally I think Tibet should have the right to self determination. I'm not willing to go to war with China over it (or protest and riot on the sidewalk, because what would that change a few thousand miles away), but I might take away MFN status.
I do think China is a threat (militarily and economically) to the West. Not because they are evil, but because like the rest of the world they are looking after their own interest. China seems every bit as aggressive about their interests as the West is accused of being. I think it would be foolish to ignore that.

As to the quote, fair is fair. If you're going to drag out the Western propaganda argument be willing to taste the irony of your sig.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I'm sure China would be more than happy to let the world know of any US hacking attacks on the Chinese government network.

Titan Rain (do a Yahoo search) and you will find some detailed information about China's effort to hack the Pentagon and other US military systems.
It is more than just an occasional thing, but rather a highly organized and ongoing effort.



So you are trying to tell me that when the Pentagon is being hacked, that the Pentagon just sit tight and draft up that press release to tell the world they are the victim of cyber-attacks? Stop playing dumb, you are much brighter than that.

www.washingtonpost.com...


Lou, writing in the September issue of the Chinese Cadres Tribune, did not specifically name the countries carrying out what he described as "external espionage activities against our core, vital departments." But he said 80 percent of the computers used to hack into other systems are based in the United States.


This is only one of the many Chinese-sourced article being picked up by a Western MSM channel. Start learning Chinese and you will see more.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The Pentagon has come out publicly about the recent and past Chinese hacking attacks though IchiNiSan. They have also stated their concern in the National Defense Review and other documents to Congress.

The Pentagon claims that only non-classified material was and has been accessble, though this is not likely the case.

The Pentagon is aware of Chinese Information Warfare campaigns to find choke points in US military networks and for gleaning sensitive data and render communication channels over computer networks useless in certain situations.


[edit on 6-5-2008 by jetxnet]



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Frankly, I think the Tibet mania (abroad, as opposed to inside Tibet) was supported mainly by rabble rousers looking for an excuse to protest. I doubt many people really care about Tibetan independence (rightly or wrongly). Personally I think Tibet should have the right to self determination. I'm not willing to go to war with China over it (or protest and riot on the sidewalk, because what would that change a few thousand miles away), but I might take away MFN status.
I do think China is a threat (militarily and economically) to the West. Not because they are evil, but because like the rest of the world they are looking after their own interest. China seems every bit as aggressive about their interests as the West is accused of being. I think it would be foolish to ignore that.

As to the quote, fair is fair. If you're going to drag out the Western propaganda argument be willing to taste the irony of your sig.


Ah, someone who make sense, and share most of my opinions on these topics
To me Tibet can get as much autonomy as they want, but they should keep it reasonable and don't cross the line. And the Western leaders most likely share your opinion that China is a threat too, that's why the systematic anti-China propaganda. An article which might shed more lights to many www.globalresearch.ca...

On the other hand, I still believe we can find some room in standing peacefully next to each other. After all, even though everyone is looking after their own interests, it is still in balance not interesting to start the next World War.



posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet
 


Any news you want to tell the ATS community? Or are you still trying to convince us that the Pentagon is the "victim" of this whole international worldwide cyber spying game?



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join