It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert corruption report delayed for elections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Olmert corruption report delayed for elections?Olmert corruption report delayed for elections?

www.worldnetdaily.com

JERUSALEM – Acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is being investigated by state officials on multiple charges of corruption and illegal appointments, but a report on the matter is being delayed until after next week's elections in which Olmert is running for top office.

A source close to the report told WorldNetDaily today the investigation into Olmert could "easily" have been released weeks ago "if the state wanted." If eventually indicted, Olmert would need to vacate his government position.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
afp.google.com
web.israelinsider.com
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 5-5-2008 by downtown436]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is a pretty big story that I have heard very little about. I wonder why.

Anyway here it is, Ehud Olmert is corrupt. I can't exactly say I'm shocked, as the entire country of Israel is a giant cesspool of lies and corruption.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

This isn't the first time that the Prime Minister of Israel has been involved in a corruption scandal is it? Or am I just "misremembering"?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm sure it's far from the first time. Olmert, has been investigated more than once himself if I'm not mistaken.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Olmert had more investigations then any Israeli prime minister before (and hopefully after) but no charges were presented in all these investigations, yet. It does not mean he was clean, he is a lawyer and has many friends in all the right places.
Naturally he has enemies too , i find this accusation (that is heavily promoted by media even without any info yet to be released) very peculiarly close to recent Golan negotiations with Syria. I really am not Olmert supporter, but this smells like a political accusation. Anyway - if he goes i will be glad.
As for elections - that must be a mistake. He is not running for anything. This article is actually one of score of his investigations, you can see it is dated as 2006.
The current one
is not released to the public but there are rumors of course. I think media here should defend him and let him do his stuff for a little longer - he brings them great rating.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Ouch. A giant cesspool - i have to tell you that you just increased my english vocabulary. It is not hard to do but still, thank you. Will try to use it in my lies and corruptions .
Actually a very powerfull man being accused and investigated shows the opposite of the corruption, does it not? I mean if Nixon was under investigations it shows how corrupt US was and if Putin was never accused - Russia is bastion of justice....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I have no problem with the citizens of Israel, just the government, it is the same problem as the cesspool of lies and corruption we have in Washington D.C. and just about every other country I can think of.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I think maybe he means that the corruption is less, if someone corrupt is actually called-out and their actions dealt with... You know, trial, charges, etc..?

Something that can never happen here in the US. The corrupt prosper.

new topics

top topics

join