It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-5-08 Did your animal act funny?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this thread, I hope I picked the right place

Last night (5-5-08) one of my dogs was acting really funny. I checked her to make sure that she was ok and I gave her fresh food and water and tried to get her to go outside but she wouldn't. I headed out back to sit outside for a bit, it was around 10:30'ish. My son opens the back door and asked me if I was hearing Angel (my dogs name). I told him no and asked what was wrong. She was howling he said. My dog is a chihuahua and never howls. She was acting wierd for about half an hour to an hour last night.

Today I was at my mom's house and when my brother walked in they started talking about Sandy, my mom and dad's dog. Apparently she was acting wierd last night and then started howling. I asked her what time that was and she said it was around 10:30. Now this wasn't too wierd because we live about 8 minutes apart from each other, maybe something was going on loud half way between my house and theirs.

Later this afternoon my x-husband was over moving some stuff out and said that his dog was acting funny last night. I about fell over, I asked him what time it was and he said it was about 10:30 maybe 11'ish, he wasnt too sure because he was outside at his bonfire. Now he lives clear on the other side of town... a big town.

All three dogs are females. I checked mine and she is not in heat, my mom and dad's dog is spayed, and i'm not sure about my x's dog.

My question is did anyone on here also have a dog or any animal act funny last night?

Thanks
Star

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Nothing out of the ordinary here.
Mine were acting up during the Reno Earthquake swarms.
Which ore not over, but more subdued,

What region of the country are you in?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

My cat just has been throwing up all day!

I think she was poisoned!

I dunno!

Where are you located?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
my cat wouldnt go to the bathroom. then she went in the tub (her way of telling me she´s in a bad mood. but yea i thought it was weird.

im in sevilla spain

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
My cat just has been throwing up all day!

So has mine! It's not unusual for her to throw up a little, but yesterday was ALOT! My husband was
. She's my baby, so what can he do?

Rush

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I live in Ohio.

I was thinking if more people had the same reactions from their pets then maybe something unusual might be happening but maybe this was just a coincidence.

Thanks,
Star

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Then again maybe not. Dogs and cats are tuned to a different frequency then we are sometimes. The sences that we foolishly call the five sences, as though thats all there are, are only five of the numerous that animals sometimes seem to have.

Oh, coincidently, or not; my sister's big austrailian shepherd/huskie cross was more than his usual cowardly self yesterday, most of the day. Normally, he stays outside just long enough to do his business than it's back inside, lest the big bad world come to get him. Yesterday, he wouldn't come in, and when he did, he was in my lap instantly...nothing says discomfort quite like a 135# dog quaking in your lap. OUCH.

Maybe something was happening...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Actually, yes...I was up late working on a research paper and my dog started whimpering and kind of semi-howling i guess... in his sleep! we only got him about 3 weeks ago and he still hasn't been very vocal at all, so this was kind of weird.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by louiekid333]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Then again maybe not. Dogs and cats are tuned to a different frequency then we are sometimes.

Well this was why I was wondering if anyone elses pets where acting wierd on that night. I do know that animals headed to high ground when the tsunami hit in Sumatra in 2004. This is only one instance when animals sensed there was something wrong.

I don't think that all animals have this ability to sense or react to what they are feeling but I do no that some do. Maybe something did happen but if it did I did not see it in the news and I did check.

Star

top topics

join