It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is KRudd the biggest political liar of all time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by ST SIR 86

I am sorry but things are not the same. Things have declined rapidly.
Sure some things do take time to adjust but there are quite a few things Labor can do but have't. Some things are Just Kevy's descision, such as his amendments to Kyoto, Withdrawall from Iraq, HIS decision on the Solar subsidies and so on...

yeah well Australia has a treaty with the usa to back them in time of war thats why we are there if australia backs out now the treaty will become null and void
and yes that mean if australia is invaded by another country the usa HAS to lend assistance to australia or do you thik australia can look after its self
with the lousy 60,000 full time soldiers and 40,000 reserves that we have
if we didnt have that treaty i assure you indonesia would dump 400,000 troops in the kimberleys over night

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86

yeah well Australia has a treaty with the usa to back them in time of war thats why we are there if australia backs out now the treaty will become null and void
and yes that mean if australia is invaded by another country the usa HAS to lend assistance to australia or do you thik australia can look after its self

this is leading to an entirely different matter but I would like to just say that I hope to God we never have to count on the US for defense. We have jumped avery time the US wanted us big conflict or small and when we requested assistance at the peak of the east timor issue we were pretty much told fight our own battles.....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And on the matter of gas to China. Sure it was the Libs who made that agreement, but at the risk of sounding tit for tat, I am sure it was Bob Hawk wo signed the agreement that to this day forces us to base our fuel prices on OPEC prices which is why we cannot pump our own oil and sell it domesticaly as cheap as we like.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
here you want a good read most of this in this site (blog) according to my political sources is TRUE, but bear this in mind i felt very sick when i read it and i felt like crying

members.iimetro.com.au...

i know how you all feel but like i said while liberal still holds the balance of power in the upper house theres not alot that labour can do about it
australian politics was set up that way so the elected couldnt rush new laws through without a second opinion (senate) but due to poor circumstances
liberal controled the upper and lower houses of parliament which made the rich, richer and the battlers poorer

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thank you for that link!!!

First of all, apoogies. It seems it was the Fraser Government that signed the OPEC agreement.

Second. If this is all true, it confirms alot of this for many people!! Particilarly the Peak Oil farce.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86
with the lousy 60,000 full time soldiers and 40,000 reserves that we have
if we didnt have that treaty i assure you indonesia would dump 400,000 troops in the kimberleys over night

They can have the Kimberlies as Im sure the spEKTre of having to supply the locals with free money and turn a blind eye to their behaviour would ensure they would hand it back to the Australian Govt. within months.

But if my idea of a missile silo base in Alice Springs where to come to fruition then it would be a different story, we could then nuke our own waters as the invaders tried to come in. Under the guise of atmospheric testing we could easily offer a warm welcome of "Glowing" hosptitality to any invading army.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Im pretty sure australia has some nukes on their territory, it'd be foolish not to and the best form of protection and defence aginst any invader given the size of our landmass.

Australia at one stage, early 70's I think, had some of the best nuclear scientists in the world until they "disbanded" the nuclear program.....I still this to this day that they didnt disband it, just went covert....I can only hope.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

My uncle worked at Pine Gap as a technician there were empty missile trailers at its dump,he was tod however they brought other 'stuff' over on those trailers SUUURE also what is an F111 it was designed as an intercontinental nuclear bomber so it wouldn't surprise me if the Australian government had a few nukes-somewhere.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

there are stored chemical weapons and god knows what else all over australia...from WWII... just pick a spot

home.st.net.au...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In Parliament yesterday, Leader of the Opposition Malcolm Turnbull moved a motion of censure against the Prime Minister and Treasurer for their "inept and incompetent economic and financial management since coming to office."
I know Mr. Rudd has walked into the job at a bad time, but it is still no excuse for bad descisions....He has lowered interest rates as was one of his promises, but it was not quite how e said it would come about...Unless he was counting on a world wide meltdown?

Mr Turnbull said...

"We have been calling on the Prime Minister to come into this House and debate his mismanagement of our economy. We have asked him to come in here to give a ministerial statement, to have a debate. We have sought to hold him to account and all we have had is one stunt after another, one picked fact after another, one grand gesture after another.

"...We know that [the Rudd Labor Government's] agenda has been driven by a media strategy, a political strategy, and nothing else.

"...Messy and disconcerting though it may be, we live in a democracy and this is a parliament. We have a right to debate these issues and we will, and no control-freak Prime Minister is going to be able to silence the opposition, take his activities away from the scrutiny of the press and deny the people their say." (Hansard 23/10/08)

Transcript of Mr Turnbull's speech

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Erm, tell us all, Malcolm, how, exactly, Rudd has managed to mismanage the economy into a crisis in so short a time...I'd be really interested to hear you explain how a decade of Howard's reliance on new home approvals, high personal debt and low personal savings have had absolutely nothing to do with the current state of the Australian economy...

Naturally John Howard and Peter Costello have absolutely nothing to do with the current state of the Australian economy...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join