It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Roundup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The Last Roundup

www.informationclearinghouse.info

Few Americans—professional journalists included—know anything about so-called Continuity of Government (COG) programs, so it's no surprise that the president's passing reference received almost no attention. COG resides in a nebulous legal realm, encompassing national emergency plans that would trigger the takeover of the country by extra-constitutional forces—and effectively suspend the republic. In short, it's a road map for martial law.

While Comey, who left the Department of Justice in 2005, has steadfastly refused to comment further on the matter, a number of former government employees and intelligence sources with independent knowledge of domestic surveillance operations claim the program that caused the flap between Comey and the White House was related to a database of Americans who might be considered potential threats in the event of a national emergency. Sources familiar with the program say that the government's data gathering has been overzealous and probably conducted in violation of federal law and the protection from unreasonable search and seizure guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Found another great read I would like to share with you guys...Anyone still living in the fairytale that we have nothing to worry about with the shredding of the constitution we've seen on so many levels over the past year better wake up in a hurry. This is beyond serious...And guess who the main targets are? Hint---It AIN'T the "terrorists"...

According to a senior government official who served with high-level security clearances in five administrations, "There exists a database of Americans, who, often for the slightest and most trivial reason, are considered unfriendly, and who, in a time of panic, might be incarcerated. The database can identify and locate perceived 'enemies of the state' almost instantaneously." He and other sources tell Radar that the database is sometimes referred to by the code name Main Core. One knowledgeable source claims that 8 million Americans are now listed in Main Core as potentially suspect. In the event of a national emergency, these people could be subject to everything from heightened surveillance and tracking to direct questioning and possibly even detention.

Of course, federal law is somewhat vague as to what might constitute a "national emergency." Executive orders issued over the last three decades define it as a "natural disaster, military attack, [or] technological or other emergency," while Department of Defense documents include eventualities like "riots, acts of violence, insurrections, unlawful obstructions or assemblages, [and] disorder prejudicial to public law and order." According to one news report, even "national opposition to U.S. military invasion abroad" could be a trigger.

This last sentence should send a chill up just about anyones spine IMO...

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess most Americans are too interested in the upcoming summer movie season, naked Hannah Montana pictures, dumb Tom Cruise appearances, and ongoing Obama-Clinton squabbles to care.

I think they're finally starting to get interested in gas prices though. But...it only had to hit $120 a barrel first!

I'm glad there's others on ATS that understand what's going to happen. It's people like us that will actually be able to deal with this when it all goes down.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I got first wind of this sort of 'plan' during the Iran-Contra years. Nasty and dangerous contingency plans that we 'the American people' are not allowed to see. Could they be any clearer about how they plan to conduct business if there is an emergency...., the implicit answer is... 'You don't want to know!'

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
All of those years, at least for ME... Being brainwashed in the public school system, that "terrorists" in other countries hate us because of our freedoms...

We have lost those "freedoms". Is that what all this stuff is to protect? Supposedly? I am saddened and disappointed. Freedom Of Speech is only applicable if the government is ok with what we are saying. Freedom to own a gun, attempts to strip that all around.. Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure, innocent people are being broken in on every DAY.

If found to have our own supply of pot, we can end up in jail longer than a murderer. What "freedoms" do anyone in any country have to be jealous of?

I only today learned about WACO and Ruby Ridge. I am sick.

EDIT: Suppose we were taught to fear everyone but our government? The only ones who deserve fearing.. Good thing we took out Saddam, before he blew us up with WMD's.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
All of those years, at least for ME... Being brainwashed in the public school system, that "terrorists" in other countries hate us because of our freedoms...

It's a beautiful plan isn't it? Strip the people of their freedooms one by one. Force the people into submission through economic hardship, fear and intimidation. Then round up any who are in disagreement and toss them into a REX 84 camp to god knows what end.

In the end, the terrorists will love and admire the US because it will have become synonomous with themselves.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
EDIT: Suppose we were taught to fear everyone but our government? The only ones who deserve fearing.. Good thing we took out Saddam, before he blew us up with WMD's.

Given you only just learned about WACO today, I'm guessing you haven't yet had time to discover that Saddam was in fact installed with at least US consent, if not aid. At the time, Saddam was considered sympathetic to the US plan for the Middle East...one of the main reasons Bin Laden hated him.

Originally posted by SystemiK
In the end, the terrorists will love and admire the US because it will have become synonomous with themselves.

Hmmm...
"Western" nations - people forced into submission through economic hardship, fear and intimidation.
"Terrorist"/3rd world nations - poeple forced into submission through poverty, fear and intimidation.
Hooray!, we're almost there....

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
From what I have heard it's just a god damned piece of paper anyway. Signed by men w wouldn't be qualified to shine their shoes.
Men who actually fought and served for this country. Not cling ons who rode daddy warbucks shirt tails.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by troppo_ozstyle

The thing about Saddam and the WMD's was sarcasm, because I am still waiting for proof. I have read a lot since finding ATS, including the juicy bits about Saddam being put into place by the CIA, etc...

If the people of middle eastern countries are suppressed as our government wants US to be... Then how long before we have people here who have nothing left to lose, and we start seeing suicide bombers and such HERE? I mean, seriously. We are already seeing school shootings, sometimes a couple times a week. People who for some reason decide to take themselves out, along with whoever happens to be around them.
If people start getting more desperate, will we just see more of this?

Scary thought. We hear of people shopping for food in the Middle East, and getting blown up by suicide bombers right there at the market. Are we seeing only the beginnings of the same kinda stuff here?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
'Juicy bit about Saddam being put in place'. Rofl. Guess you didn't see the chummy sh@@ eating grin pics of Rummy and Saddam from the 80's.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
From the article

If previous FEMA and FBI lists are any indication, the Main Core database includes dissidents and activists of various stripes, political and tax protestors, lawyers and professors, publishers and journalists, gun owners, illegal aliens, foreign nationals, and a great many other harmless, average people.

S & F (again
)

According to the above snippet, will there be anyone left off "the list"?

If there was a 'good' time to be abducted by aliens and taken to another planet, now would be that time...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JediK

Very true...But to be fair, the vast majority of americans are getting their "news" via mainstream outlets, which we know are completely being infiltrated and corrupted by the very Elitist groups that are behind instituting these provisions and suppressional endeavors. The biggest challenge in front of us is to awaken people that the "reality" they've been conditioned to accept is nothing but a bloated propagandistical fallacy designed to keep them in blissfull ignorance. And it has worked masterfully for decades. The only problem now is that it is starting to unravel on a massive scale, as the gap between the haves and have nots is becoming increasingly distanced on a national and worldwide scale, and the suffering peons are having no choice but to wake up and question things...That is exactly what these types of gov contingency plans are designed to quelch---They know what is coming, and they are instituting plans to control the little people from defending against their continued suppression and profiteering.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.globalincidentmap.com...
just take a look at all the bombings here in the usa and you will see things are out of control!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thats an interesting read, and while I've heard bits and pieces of it from time to time on ATS and other places, how accurate is this information?

How accurate is Radar Magazine?

new topics

top topics

join