It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Repugnants"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why does it seem that everytime you "debate" someone who is very leftist, usually a Democrat, you have to continuously remind yourself that you won't be lowered down to their level. Honestly, you begin the discussion with the hopes that it will be a legitamite, constructive talk and it generally ends up becoming and a name-calling shouting match. This downward spiral usually begins with cliche leftist responses to conservative arguments with words like "racist," "nazi," Bible-thumper," etc. I once heard a general rule for internet debating: "Once a word like racist, nazi, etc begins to be thrown at you, end the debate, for it no longer is one." I'll be the first one to admit it, its hard not to be dragged down by the left. Flame on.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Holee crap, some people showed sense!

jsobecky, that sentiment was needed badly in this thread. There isn't much we can do ourselves to put Colonel aside from his falsifications of the Lord and His teachings, so it's all we can do to ask intervention from Him.

And SonsofLiberty, that was the first cogent point in the last four pages... I commend you.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
colonel

go bitch to these guys. they are the only who might give a #

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wish all you Colonel bashers would just shut the hell up.

Colonel has his beliefs, and for once (in my experience) a lib has done his homework.

He has valid and educated points.

He is not a wuss about it like most of them are.

And he does not give a rat's ass what you think about it.

What you should try to figure out, is why he hates them so badly.

But go ahead, bash away, you are doing what you hate him for.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Colonel has his beliefs, and for once (in my experience) a lib has done his homework.

Well if this is true then why all the CAPS use and use of derogatory terms like Faggot.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey let me be the first one to call you all douche bags.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That was just the least bit out of left field, wasn't it?

No pun intended, of course

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Well if this is true then why all the CAPS use and use of derogatory terms like Faggot.

I fight many battles myself, and have been in the trenches for a long time with politics. There comes a point in time where a person just does not care any more.

I think old Colonel is there. I don't agree with the anger, well the anger is understandable if you actually look at the big picture of how much is messed up with this country, but the use of it liberally I don't agree with.

BUT, the point is, is that you shouldn't be so quick to bash him before his point has a chance.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

BUT, the point is, is that you shouldn't be so quick to bash him before his point has a chance.

Makes sense.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Thank you for defending my freedom of speech. At least, I know we don't live in Nazi Germany....yet.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Thank you for defending my freedom of speech. At least, I know we don't live in Nazi Germany....yet.

Yeah enjoy it while you can cause you never know when that might change........
But look at the bright side, if it happens they will probably hunt you down first for being so vocal, so at least you wont languish in a cell for too long.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You would like that wouldn't you.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Nah I would find it sad that we lost freedom of speech, I never said I wanted to see you in a Nazi Death Camp did I? I never stated I was your sworn enemy.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Nah I would find it sad that we lost freedom of speech, I never said I wanted to see you in a Nazi Death Camp did I? I never stated I was your sworn enemy.

Hmmm. Ok.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We need loudmouths like colonel sometimes. (somethimes) If we only had meek little right wingers or meek little left wingers or even meek little centrists, nothing would ever get changed or defended. I may totally disagree with almost everything you have to say, colonel, but I definatly think you have the right to say it, no matter how wrong you may be. And the same goes for the rest of you. That's why ATS is so great.

PI IS EXACTLY THREE!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
We need loudmouths like colonel sometimes. (somethimes) If we only had meek little right wingers or meek little left wingers or even meek little centrists, nothing would ever get changed or defended. I may totally disagree with almost everything you have to say, colonel, but I definatly think you have the right to say it, no matter how wrong you may be. And the same goes for the rest of you. That's why ATS is so great.

PI IS EXACTLY THREE!

Apparently, some of your repugnant brethern don't thnk so.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfLiberty
Why does it seem that everytime you "debate" someone who is very leftist, usually a Democrat, you have to continuously remind yourself that you won't be lowered down to their level. Honestly, you begin the discussion with the hopes that it will be a legitamite, constructive talk and it generally ends up becoming and a name-calling shouting match. This downward spiral usually begins with cliche leftist responses to conservative arguments with words like "racist," "nazi," Bible-thumper," etc. I once heard a general rule for internet debating: "Once a word like racist, nazi, etc begins to be thrown at you, end the debate, for it no longer is one." I'll be the first one to admit it, its hard not to be dragged down by the left. Flame on.

Listen, you can't deal with repugnants. They are just bullies and all you have to do is stand up to them and they wither and cry---evidneced by happened on this thread.

If you try to deal withthem rationally, they take that as a sign of weakness and trounce you. So, I speak the way I do.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hell, I am about as loudmouth as they come, and I do not get attacked half as often as Colonel.

But then again, I am conservative.

Read Emerson's essay on Self Reliance. He says it is your responcibility to speak in the most direct and hard manor possible to speak your ideas.

If you change your mind, then speak as directly and harsh as possible with the new ideas.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hell, I am about as loudmouth as they come, and I do not get attacked half as often as Colonel.

If you change your mind, then speak as directly and harsh as possible with the new ideas.

The truth hurts them so they attack me. They WON'T attack what I say, tho because they wither in front of truth. They will simply attack how I say it, hoping that this will divert fromthe truth of my words.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in most people being idiots/

That being said, idiots live in a personal bubble of reality. When that bubble is comprimised through "radical" thoughts, they go on the attack to protect the sanctity of their world.

It reminds me of the people who are 30+ who think they are still in college. They ignore the fact that they are getting soft around the mid-section and balding a little, but those 18 year old chicks still look hot, and they make 10.50 working as a Security System Installation Tech and have their very own 13 year old Japanese car.

Rediculous.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join