It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead infants found in freezer in Germany, mother arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

3 dead infants found in freezer in Germany, mother arrested

www.breitbart.com

A 44-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of killing three of her babies after their bodies were discovered in the family freezer by her grown children looking for pizza, police said Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I know this is where i should be puting my thoughts on the story, but what CAN you say but WTF?!?!?!
This is absolutley astounding that people can do this.
Even though

That woman has denied killing the babies.

How could you not report it?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Disgusting.

These are the types of people that should be taking out back and SHOT right on the spot. They do not deserve to live

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
But.... Can anyone prove how long they were there?? You'd think the kids would have found them sooner, if for long.

Who is to say that these were not miscarriage, or still-born??

EDIT: "The corpulent woman apparently concealed the three pregnancies, believed to have been in the 1980s, not only from neighbors but also her own family, Fingerhut said.

"It sounds unbelievable, but there are examples showing such things are possible," he said. "

Eh... They very well coulda been miscarriage... Otherwise, wouldn't it be much harder to have THREE full-size babies in "packets". hidden in the freezer for that long? Sure it's creepy they were not reported and removed from the freezer... I mean, creepy that she's been keeping them. I wonder why?

[edit on 5-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I thought the same thing. But why keep them in a freezer in the first place?

Maybe the kids (the living ones) were never left to thier own devices before now? Maybe the parents wanted them to be found?

According to the story they were from 3 'hidden' pegnancies in the 80's and another report says they were live births.
I am suer there will be reasons/excuses given. (circumstances mental illness or whatever) but these are just sick and twisted people.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You have a point. I suppose I should reserve *my* judgement until the autopsy is complete

However, im finding it hard to believe 3 stillborns. And why freeze them?????? WTF? At least burry them

Guess we will have to wait and see

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
More pregnancies end in miscarriage than live births. Just... MOST happen before the child is like 8 weeks old, and before the mom would even know she is pregnant. So yeah, her having THREE recognizable little ones.. Seems strange. They had to have been past a certain age.

BUT I will say that there is at least one complication that can cause spontaneous premature birth even after the eight-week mark. Sometimes, much before the child would be viable outside of the womb... "weakened cervix". Who knows what causes it, but I was told by my doctor that about one in every 100 women has this condition. And if not caught early enough, she won't be able to carry to term.

EDIT: left out '100'. Lol

[edit on 5-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

You have a point. I suppose I should reserve *my* judgement until the autopsy is complete

However, im finding it hard to believe 3 stillborns. And why freeze them?????? WTF? At least burry them

Guess we will have to wait and see

I know this is too much detail, but maybe they didn't know what to do with the bodies, so while they plan out what to do, they put them in the freezer, so they don't start to "stink"

Disgusting. Let's hope she didn't do it. But even if she didn't that's worse for her.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
but maybe they didn't know what to do with the bodies, so while they plan out what to do, they put them in the freezer, so they don't start to "stink"

[edit on 5-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

For nearly 20 years? Surely after that time you would think of something.

A newspaper dated December 1988 was found with one, suggesting they may have sat in the freezer for almost 20 years, police said.

Source

And for others, they were acording to this story LIVE births

The three infants are believed to have been born alive

source

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

ok i'm sorry but if 3 babies have been in the freezer for at the most 20 years how have they not been discovered by her children or anyone else before. and what kind of a sick person stores their food with their babies bodies?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As an update the Autopsies have begun and it has been confirmed that at least one of the babies was born alive.

An autopsy that began Tuesday in Germany on three girl babies found dead in a home freezer showed that at least one of the newborns had been born alive, raising the likelihood that the mother will face homicide charges. Prosecutors in the city of Siegen said pathologists had established that the infant had been "viable," not stillborn.
The mother, 44, who was being held in a prison hospital wing, was described Tuesday as distressed. Police said they would not begin questioning her till cleared to do so by doctors.
The woman lived with her 47-year-old electrician husband and three children aged 18 to 24 in a detached house in the quiet village of Wenden, east of Cologne. Neighbours described the family as polite and reserved.
A son found the three tiny bodies in the family freezer when he and his sister cleared out old food past its use-by date while the parents were away for the weekend. The family turned the mother in to police.
The infant bodies were found wrapped in bloodstained towels and covered with newspapers, one dated December 1988.
The autopsy in the city of Dortmund found no sign of external injury or malformation on the first baby checked. Tissue samples were taken for toxicological tests later. Autopsies on the other two bodies would proceed Wednesday.

I am increasingly interested to see what could motivate a person to do something like this

There will be more info to follow.
Source

apc

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You decide the best thing to do is murder someone based on a single media report?

Wow.

If this woman didn't kill the infants no crime has been committed. She may have a mental problem or two for thinking the best thing to do was stick the bodies next to the fish sticks, but hey whatever makes her happy.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What the hell ig going on in the world??

In the worst case, a woman was convicted of manslaughter in 2006 and sentenced to the maximum 15 years in prison for killing eight of her newborn babies and burying them in flower pots and a fish tank in the garden of her parents' home near the German-Polish border.

And those couple of cases in Austria - I'm thinking these Germanic countries are still mentally ill after the Nazis.. I've got a feeling I'm gonna get hung for that.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Ya know... I think it's simply a different state of mind elsewhere. I think we ALL know by now that babies have more rights than we do. And some want that to apply even to a tiny bunch of unrecognizable cells, upon "conception". (that is HERE, in the US, anyway)

The story is sick, a woman doing this to her offspring, but are we really not the only country in the world who puts more emphasis on the rights of a newborn, than an older human?

[edit on 6-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow, this poor woman. She must have been completely insane! Imagine, day after day having to look at your own children in the freezer. Imagine your own worst crime and fear staring you blindly in the face, haunting you. It must have been like a tell-tale heart beating for decades.

I'm betting that she's going to do some time in a mental institution or something.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

For nearly 20 years? Surely after that time you would think of something.

Oh, I didn;t read that bit, haha. Then I have no idea why? Maybe they just got used to it? Weird. Or she wanted to keep them, they are her babies after all, she was probably mental.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am still waiting for some reason asto why they were frozen, but at least the 'mother' has been officially charged now.

The mother told the court she gave birth to the babies when she was 16, 17, 19, but claimed they were stillborn. The court refused to accept this and convicted her of manslaughter.

It may seem like I am obsessing over this but as a parent I am trying to make some kind of sence out of it all.
It is the most disturbing thing I have seen in a long time

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
I am still waiting for some reason asto why they were frozen, but at least the 'mother' has been officially charged now.

I'd go with the idea that the babies were initially frozen so as to give the mother time to think - or at least the first one.

Then as weeks went by and a (false) sense of security built up then it was easier to shut out and carry on with the day to day issues. Seems to me like this person did not have very good planning skills, instead just 'buried her head in the sand' - then the same thing happened a second and a third time.

Of course that is simply my reading of the story from what's here.

I know the strangest thing I've ever had in my freezer was a Timneh Grey parrot, he died 2 days after I brought him
he wasn't at all well, learned later that was not the best place to buy a bird from - but they replaced him - hence freezing the body.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The thing is, just because a baby is born alive doesn't mean that it will survive. SIDS happens all the time. I do agree that it seems statistically impossible to have three sids babies in a row though, but not impossible to have more than one stillbirth. Some people, for whatever reason are prone to having miscarriages and stillbirths.

If she didn't want those children, she should have used some form of birth control...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poisonmekare

Yes SIDS and accidents happen but there is nothing wrong with reporting it. If you are innocent that is. This just reeks of foul play. I hope the charges are upgraded from manslaughter.

Now¬_then may be close with the initial fear and not knowing what to do for the first one but to carry on with 2 more is just incomprehensible.

I am not going to scream for the death penalty just yet. I will wait to hear the circumstances, but I cannot by any stretch of the imagination come up with anything reasonable.

new topics

top topics

join