It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolf Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Werewolf Sightings

www.prairieghosts.com

The mythological belief in werewolves has been with us for centuries. Many historians and folklorists have pondered the origins of the belief in lycanthropy, which is really the human ability to change into not only wolves but bears, big cats and other dangerous creatures. Of all of these transformations though, that of man into wolf is the best known. This is largely due to the Old World traditions of wolves being feared as predators by the Europeans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Pretty Weird... just another thing 2 confuse the "werewolves r real" to the "werewolves r not real"

www.prairieghosts.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The history channel aired an episode called American Werewolf on it's Monsterquest series. This included eyewitness accounts. People are seeing something. I don't believe bears to have long tails but I could be wrong..
Witch

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
my friend told me and I think this is in Africa or here in Amereica, but she said that somebody had shot a wolf and all of the sudden mist surrounds it. once the mist was clear, there was a man lying there dead. I don't know if someone were to pull off a mist trick to make it look like a wolf-afterdeath-turned in to a dead man. They probably just took the wolf out and replaced it with a dummy through out the mist while wolf hunters couldn't see.

mist is magical than making it look magical from a machine. I know Hoaxes and they are disappointing....I despise them.

actually mist is part of magic, to make magic you need: fire, water, air and earth. mist is part of the air element. so if a person strongly believes he/she is a wolf and spend there life in full moon transformations, then they die as a wolf, but they hide there after death transformations behind a mist. I don't know why, but maybe it's to protect normal wolves from a murder a werewolf had caused so it would look like a person had done the animalistic bites and scratches.

no human has fangs and claws, but the animal they used to be after death as an animal and then a carcus of a human.

She told me a friend of hers was a hacker and he found the vidieo of it and eventually he probably went to jail by medaling with the government's affairs. I would like to see the vidieo of it. I love the mythical realm coming to life, now the world would be more intreresting and non-puzzling wether mythical beasts exist.(think of the renassance fairs, it would sure be a hell of a fest.)

She told me that the wolf they just shot wieghed exactly like the dead man. once a human turns into any animal, it can't weigh like they're supposed to. theire wieght is like a humans so that they can turn back to human form. If their weight is unlike a human's than it's just a normal animal or the were creature would never turn back to human form agian.

please tell me if I make sense, this is my first post. I feel like I've mistaken somethings, but I'll get back to my friend of what really happened if I did. If I was a good hacker I'd show a photograph or the vidieo, but I'm not. I hope you find this interesting

thankyou.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I looked up this history channel documentary. It's really quite interesting if you're interested in werewolves.

www.youtube.com...

One of the strangest things is that, some of the sightings were reported during the day. if it were true, would that not dismiss the full moon effect of the transformation? or maybe they transform at the full moon and it lasts for a certain time. what am i saying? i don't even seriously belive in werewolves. oh well, it's fun to speculate.

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ummm, alot of these werewolf sightings need to be verified with dates, like, checking to see if there is a full moon, or can someone shapeshift into a werewolf when there isn't a full moon? Hoestly, I don't believe in this whole "shapeshifting" business.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by person51
One of the strangest things is that, some of the sightings were reported during the day. if it were true, would that not dismiss the full moon effect of the transformation? or maybe they transform at the full moon and it lasts for a certain time. what am i saying? i don't even seriously belive in werewolves. oh well, it's fun to speculate.

What are your thoughts?

I read somewhere that werewolf’s can transform at will and back again but have no choice when its full moon (I’ll try find the book and post it later)

I do believe that there is truth to the myths and we have lost the true meaning of them over time. I have read of Amazon tribes having beliefs in the ability to transform into animals when the need is great but they can only do it for short periods of time or they would become the animal and never return to their human form again.

But back to topic, in the case of werewolf’s I strongly believe that they are able to transform at will, apart from when the full moon is out, and then they can’t help themselves and they revert to the animal in them. I have read of ways t spot them in the crowd but have yet to find a fool proof way of spotting them and I think that it would be unwise to really corner one. Here in Wales there’s tale of werewolf’s but people dismiss them as a drunk’s tale and say why don’t we here of them attacking people but if you look out of the villages there’s plenty of sheep around and the werewolf is supposed to keep the intelligence of a human when they are in their animal form so they could reason that sheep would bring less attention then another human getting mauled

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daddysreturn

new topics

top topics

join