It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way to Start the Revolution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

THEY ARE FISHING DO NOT ENTERTAIN THE AUTHORS IDEAS!!! WE NEED TO CREATE A NEW WORLD SOMEWHERE ELSE.. CREATING A COFEDERATION WILL BE CONSTRUED AS "AMERICAN TERRORISTS"

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No matter what shape it takes, if you are truly a revolutionist, you will be viewed as a terrorist by anyone living in the Nation that isn't on your side. That's simply the nature of it.

P.S please fix that CAPS-LOCK key.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Okay. Say most Americans (how many millions is that??)...want to join this new colony. Where will it be? China? India? Russia? Australia? Canada?....Err....It would have to be somewhere that Government and Law hasn't already established...

International Waters?

Where?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what about teaching all americans to take control of those "exemptions" we here about held in federal reserve banks? THen we could control the entire bankruptcy process (at least on paper and monetarily) until the corrupt are weeded out.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

How is what I have proposed futile? And you, my friend, are no patriot. Go find your colony and let me know how it goes. It should not be hard considering how much unclaimed land is out there just ready to be colonized.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I like to go fishing. I've just started fly fishing last spring, and I've been told I'm getting pretty good.

I guess you're thinking I'm a government agent researching dissent metrics?

I read a couple posts back that I haven't thought things through. But many replies just say "It'll never work" or "They'll squash it like a bug." I think that the fact that people think that We the People standing up for our rights in an organized and peaceful manner is something that will be labelled Terrorism. This is fundamentally why I've proposed what I have, becuase if We the People have to live in fear of repercussions for standing up for our rights and freedoms, it demonstrates that we've waited to long to wake up, and drastic times call for drastic measures.

I've already stated that my Original Post was not a specific plan as much as an idea to get people to think about the situationand what could be done to correct things. I'd much prefer to make this country right than to flee and try to begin anew. Plus, I can't think of anywhere on Earth that isn't already poulated. I hope you don't plan on going somewhere to dessimate an indiginous population somewhere...

Maybe you could start a colony in Antarctica.

I guess if I haven't already, I'll ask for input on specifics/additions, etc. And thank you all for the input this idea has gotten thus far...

The media outlet that's been proposed sounds good on the level of informaing the public about how far from Constitutional Government we've gotten, but there are already broadcasters out there who report alternative news, explain the police states, etc. Local radio stations don't have to carry shows they don't like, and in order to reach the masses, it'd have to be distributed by a national syndicate, which I can't see happening.

This needs to start at the grass-roots. It needs to spread by conversation.

The way things are going, people will soon be realizing how fragile their existences can be with the prices of staples like gas and food soon making it difficult to get to work -- they'll be breaking even on the paycheck vs. transportation costs level.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Not so. It would be very difficult to label a presidential candidate and his supporters "terrorists". Are you here to try and support ideas that will fail and oppose ones that have a chance? Who is paying you, and how much
?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

If that was the purpose of your thread, you did a good job. And yes people put the truth out there. What people though? A presidential candidate will get much more respect from the public. A national newspaper called "The Truth" might be nice.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
yeah it won't work...but what will work is counter surveillance...we need to set up( whille concurrently playing by the rules of the wealthy) similar networks modeled after the cia and fbi etc, run by civillians armed to the teeth...the watchers will in effect be watched...
capitalism is only bad when the power gets too consolidated....we can implement systems to unallow it, (like anti-trust) or we can simply educate people to master money.
One idea me and my friends and associates were talking about was freeschool...although it wouldn't at first be accepted by a majority of people...all it takes is one person at a time...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC

Not so.
?

Yes so. That's historical.

It would be very difficult to label a presidential candidate and his supporters "terrorists".

I wasn't specifically using the scenario in this thread, and I wasn't specifically saying there would even be a president or a candidate involved. I was specifically speaking about the perception people and Government has on revolutionists if they are not on that side. They are demonized by them.

Are you here to try and support ideas that will fail and oppose ones that have a chance?

What ideas are you referring to? What of what I have said are you referring to? What ideas am I opposing that you are referring to?

I have basically said close to nothing on what I think we should do. Most of what I have said has been me asking questions of other posters. So what are you really asking specifically?

Who is paying you, and how much?

Humble yourself soldier, you're new here, show some respect.

[edit on 073131p://8u24 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Can you see how I took the "you were a medic in the Army, I won't hold that against you" as condescending? If you weren't going to hold it against me, why state that? I've actually been in altercations at NCO clubs over the same Army vs. Marines subject. But I'll reitterate that it's irrelevent here.

What got you all fired up about how this is one man's idea (it is) and I don't debate you on the issues? Look back over the thread. I never discounted anyone's input, and actually more would be good.

I proposed a while ago on this site an idea of a "total transparency in government" channel. Cameras in the oval office, etc. But it wasn't recieved very well.

If we put our heads together instead of getting defensive about ideas, maybe something good could come from it.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot you had seniority over me because you have been here longer, I apologize. Also, I am not, nor ever was, a soldier. I don't feel like going back, quoting you, and reminding you of what you posted so you can just say something else unintelligent or irrelavent. Go back and look for yourself. And earn some respect.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yeah...

Nice try.

I ask you to back up just a few attacks of yours and you don't. That's lame.

Anyways

I wasn't saying I had seniority over you. You accused me of getting paid to post disinformation? Please.. what justified that insult and accusation? Hence me saying show some respect. Get it?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

I'll take you off my foes list. I'm more than willing to work with anyone. The first army comment was a joke; I think I put one of those laughing faces....after that I meant it. LOL. I like the transparency in government idea, but again we both know that won't happen. We need to be discussing and elaborating on ideas that have a real chance of success only.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
honestly there needs to be a mass lack of achieving basic needs thru normal means that will stir a revolt.

Right now the only big hassle to many americans is gas, an job stability. Thats about the majority of Americans Probs at the moment,

thoe you take away gas altogether, or money that theyre job pays them for working an you'll have yourself a revolt without any further dialog involved.

People wont risk their family structure, their life as a whole, Or their position in their social hierarchy... They will need to feel like they are being pushed off a cliff before they will act. An no offense in saying this to anyone but its really true, We for the most part have become no different then any other animal on this planet, we've gotten comfortable, an in that process we have dumbed down our thinking an abilities to handle matters in a Self reliant manner.

We've gone so long having the police handle our problems or mom an dad, or senator such an such that most have lost their ability to confront a problem head on an find a solution, We've dumbed down ourselves thru innovation,
This will be our downfall not as a group but a whole. For even the elite rely on the masses to live as they are, an all this talk of imprisoning people an such is the fear they want u to feel, but in reality, they stand to win more an gain more by having MORE to follow the normal daily grind to further produce profit margins an stock quotes....

Things need to be done an alot needs to be fixed, but a method of this nature will only lead to confusion that many will use as disinfo to spread a bigger alarm of Localized terrorism.

This will change by the people, For the people , when the people, Wake up.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah...

Nice try.

I ask you to back up just a few attacks of yours and you don't. That's lame.

Anyways

I wasn't saying I had seniority over you. You accused me of getting paid to post disinformation? Please.. what justified that insult and accusation? Hence me saying show some respect. Get it?

Ok I'll show you exactly why I said everything I said and back it all up for you right after I watch "scrubs" and "the office".

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Excellent thank you. That is what is expected of a respectful member.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic

This will change by the people, For the people , when the people, Wake up.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Trance Optic]

We are talking about waking them up...WAKE UP.
Put your thinking cap on, twist a lemon in it, and get with it buddy.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No problem. When you're right, you're right. Nobody should say anything without being able to back it up. I would expect the same from anyone else and I owe you at least that.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Alot of good ideas floating around on here, the one about the people's media sounds like it would have the biggest impact. Also, what if people from on here got together with their ideas and wrote up a newsletter with the goal of educating Americans who dont even think about this stuff. I know i didn't until a co-worker one day broke things down to me in very plain language. Then if everybody could take this newsletter, spend a little and print off 100 copies and distribute it around their towns, who knows maybe it would spread like fire. At the very least we could say we were doing something instead of just talking about it on forums!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join