It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way to Start the Revolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

You cannot succeed in what you are proposing.It is not necessary to take up arms against your own people. Just because they do not believe what you believe, doesn't mean it is you against them; it means you need to try to help them. The "average American" isn't all too interested in politics or the powers that be or why things are the way they are. They know the MSM headlines, take them for face-value, and either believe in them, b*#@* about them, or lightly discuss then forget about them. Our general population is in survival mode. They aren't looking for ways to fix things, developing ideas for change, or thinking about a revolution. They just want to make sure that they and their families make it through the day. Surely, you don't suggest that the only way to change things is with violence, secrecy, and the division of our countries people? Is that what you want, a civil war? The only outcome that could possibly come from a proposition such as this is complete and utter disaster. BAD IDEA, NO CIVL WAR!!! What we need is unity, not division, and in order to achieve unity we need to get people informed. Whence people are informed and realize that we all have a common interest to abolish certain systems that are not working and create new systems that do work, they will realize the need to get involved. Whence we are united, informed, and involved, all working toward the common goal of developing new working systems to replace the ones that don't work, and make sure they work for the good of everyone, we will be on our way to change. Making guns and ammo? Hoarding money and valuable? Hoarding food? Militas?
I think your heart may be in the right place, but an armed revolution is not an option. That will set the stage for disatser without a doubt and set us back further than we are right now. We wan't to move forward. I'm not claiming to have a plan of my own; I don't. "The People" need to make a plan of their own to fix matters for "The People". It cannot be done by a small fanatical group, or even a large fanatical group. What the small, informed, and strong-hearted groups need to be concentrating on is bringing people together, informing them, and getting them involved in fixing our nation. The most important factor in all of this will be a trusted, intellegent, unbiased, truly objective media paid for directly by the people and operated by the people. PLEASE DON'T START A CIVIL WAR.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Right there with you... In fact, I'm on my way to doing just that.

The Americanist

Be sure to read my blogs!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
why don't people start organizing massive boycotts? seriously if we are their slaves and we buy their products and the entire NWO is run by the bankers then we must boycott.

Start out slow by boycotting certain products or stores (walmart,etc..) then to gasoline, which in turn would lead to an all out work boycott period. Stop the flow of progress, imagine what one day of NOBODY (civilian wise) going to work would do. If thats to big to organize then have smaller groups like unions take turns boycotting. Like a previous poster said you could use You.tube to start getting the "idea" into peoples heads and then when the time is right is when you start to organize the "attack" so to say.

But who am I kidding I know this is impossible, the public would never buy it.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thegdfather

The problem is; if you boycott one item at a time, it gives them plenty of time to create a new item for them to capitalize and exploit.

Hence a real Revolution is a boycott of the system at large.

[edit on 043131p://6u30 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There's no way this is going to happen. I'm all for it but come on, we all know that the American populace is way to dumbed down to do anything about anything. I mean people think i'm crazy for going to anti-war protests. They say they don't think I should go around starting trouble. People are just to ignorant to see whats going on.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Strange suggestion!

The way to defeat a government is not to set up yet another government which is likely to go corrupt with time.

There needs to be a more fundamental rethink of the levers of power.

I vote for the dissolution of all forms of enforced government, with only the constitution, declaration of independence and bill of rights remaining.

Alas, that is the theory. In practice I think such systems would be unworkable.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

The problem is deeper then ignorance. There is an evil even more sinister then ignorance. That is apathy. Some people see truth, deny ignorance, and then turn their backs on it. It's apathy. That's the culprit.

The saying "the only thing necessary for evil to exist, is for good men to do nothing" rings true to me...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I AM IN!
Nothing else needs said

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Setting up an armed or peaceful revolution is impossible for an individual group to start. Once a group of like minded people are gathered, differences in opinion about the groups direction will fracture the group and doom whatever the cause happens to be. Even if a group is formed and united, it will be fringed out so fast by the establishment that 99% of the population will view the group as a bunch of nuts.

What needs to happen is the establishment has to do something so completely outrageous. It has to be like what caused the L.A. Riots only on a national and interracial scale. It has to be something on the scale beyond that of the Vietnam War which caused massive protests across the country.

Nationwide chaos can cripple the country even beyond whatever control martial law provides. If 95% of the population refuses to pay taxes or something, how will the people who enforce martial law be paid and will they work for free? Will they even work at all, many will probably stay home to protect their families.

Basically the government has to cross the line. Once the public is enraged, various groups can form and can develop a very powerful following.

Of course, the big problem would be the anarchy and various power grabs being committed by various groups. There will be a constant battle over who controls resources and weapons. Different leaders will think that their way is the right way and will fight anyone who threatens their opinion. Imagine all the generals, governors, militia groups, gangbangers, drug-dealers, remnant police forces, all fighting for their piece of the control pie.

A revolution will be bloody on a massive scale. You will probably die. If you have a family, they will probably die. If you or your family does not die, life will be brutal. As I said, the government really has to push it to get the population to that point, there is no way an individual group can pull it off on its own.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I agree with Ron Paul on many things, but definately do not support ending Social Security and welfare for people who fall through the cracks. I'm for a more egalitarian America focussing on freedom, justice and liberty equally, but not running off the cliff at full speed in an unfruitfull direction. Just since BUsh has been President more than 8,000,000 more people joined the ranks of the uninsured. We have children who live in poverty and go to school every day right here in America because their parents don't have enough money for their food or their health insurance. We have a much larger unemployment rate than we are told. We have millions of people who suffer from mental illness in this country who are unable to work (would you advocate they just lay there dead in the streats due to starvation and rot?). We are a civilized nation, and as such state help for those in need is a human achievement not something that needs to be abolished and return us to the dark ages!

That said, I think Mr. Paul makes some since regarding his stand on wanting to move us out from benieth the iron fist of the Federal Reserve private interantional bankers...but my god if you don't take care of the sick, the elderly, the extremely impoverished, and the mentally ill and just let them die in the streeets, what kind of country is that? It's absolutely nothing I would fight for, that's for sure.

Rather than moving towards amunitions and military movement, why not work at educating the people about your ideals? If enough people agree with you and you can organize it politically, then you will put pressure on the system peacefully at the ballot box.

What we don't need is another senseless bloody war!

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
best of luck to you with this, although i highly doubt it will take of in the very near future maybe a year or more down the road things will be a little more likely but as was said before, if it does become popular it will be swiftly crushed by the powers that be unless it becomes extremely large very quickly (like within a month for example).

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I never thought about that. Apathy is probably the reason it will never work. There are lots of good Americans that may see the truth and realize we need a revolution of some sorts, but they just don't care. Apathy is definitley a greater evil than ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
I have come to the conclusion that the only way to beat the establishment of corporate controlled government is to go beyond the notion of a new political party.

We need to form a "parallel" government. With Ron Paul as the new ConFederate government's leader, anyone who wants to join us can prosper with money backed by something of value, and under the freedom granted by the original Bill of Rights.

I think that we could get enough volunteers at this point to fill the ranks with peace loving, like-minded individuals who want what's best for their family. And that means the opposite of what the "Old Government" wants us to believe is for the "commmon good."

What do you think?

What do I think? I think

Sorry dude, the American government is broken and needs to be overhauled BUT do you honestly think that there is anyway that there is even an iota of a chance that the government is just going to idly sit by and let a group of poorly funded (you could have about 30 billion dollars to your cause and be poorly funded by federal government standard), unarmed peace lovers just secede without intervention. I'm sorry but it's posts like this pie-in-the-sky day-dreaming nonsense that make people look at this community as a whole insipid.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The one good way to start a revolution is to slowly turn the people against the government, that wouldnt be to hard in America. Then when you've got the people, cripple the economy, boycott products, steal as much as you can, widespread mayhem, the government's worst fear. Then when the sky seems to be collpasing around you take out every government official you can and say 'hey everyone i know what I'm doing' and viola your revolution is complete

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Or you know, you could just stage a false-flag attack* on the public, that always seems to work for the guys running the show.

*Pretend you're going to blow up a major monument or something if the Government does not concede to your demands - of course, the demands would have to be something emotionally compelling, so when the kill-teams move in masquerading as SWAT at least people will sympathise with you, which may in turn cause a media frenzy when it's discovered that you never planned on hurting anyone in the first place.

Which would ultimately generate an awful lot of anti-government sentiment, especially if the guy sacrificing himself releases a video on the internet explaining how he isn't armed and doesn't have a bomb right before the kill team breaks down the door.

Their power lies within their subversive tactics, and recently i have seen nothing that even compares to their level of play.

As for an all-out revolution, i'm afraid they've made it very difficult to acheive that sort of thing these days.

It would be the equivalent of drawing an Ace three times in a row.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The reason we don't have revolutions in America, is because it playes out in eletions. It has happened before in US history where a movement becomes extremely popular, but then it is co-opted and scooped up by one of the parties and transitions thus become peaceful with elections.

The system isn't broken, it still works, but one can not argue the presence of corruption. The task is to weed out the corruption and restore fairness, but do it through legal workable channels. As much as we piss and moan about things we see, this isn't the 3rd reich. For the system to work, we need to all participate. We need to be informed, educated, and push for change through legislative channels and supporting the candidates that will advocate for that change.

America has gotton through hard times before (ie: Taft and Teapot Dome scandel...Civil Rights...improved infrastructure such as education and transportation...) and I believe we can get through these years (arguabley some of the most corrupt in our history) already people are waking up and seeing what this administration and it's present party currently is and what it has brought us...be patient, but stay active and America will emerge from all of this stronger and better than before. Even thoug Paul didn't succeed in his efforts, he did have an effect, and his message got out to a lot of folks and so we have to see some success with that...is the glass half full or empty???

I think perhaps the first thing we need to do is somehow free the media from the corporate domination and filtering...if our public is armed with the facts they will make the right decision at the ballot...

Hang in there, it's not the end...better days will come.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
First off, Ron Paul would not come within 50 feet of this idea. He beleives in America, and he, as I do, beleive that America can be great again without chunking the dice back in the cup and re-rolling. You want a real revolution? Start with empowering people.

How do I empower someone? That's a good question. One thing, throughout the age of man has remained constant; knowledge is power. Educate people. Start an organization that goes out and educates the common Joe and Jane that are just punching a clock and going home to thier families that do not bother with whats going on in the world. Educate the people that blindly beleive everything they hear.

Let's face it, for your idea to truly work you would need a substantial following. A group of people this large could instead storm local governments or even Washington and make themselves heard; peacefully of course.

What you are suggesting will only get you labeled a terrorist, as well as trigger massive propaganda against yourself, and that will in turn lead to the people that believe everything they hear to beleive that, and you still would have gotten nowhere.

The truth is that if enough people come together and drop their petty quarrels of party politics, and realize that there is a bigger picture out there, then we can speak with a voice that will shake the walls of congress. We will have to be heard. There is so much power in numbers. If American citizens would just unite under the common cause of something as simple as following the documents our country was founded on.. The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, they would have no choice but to hear us.

The problem is that, and the government knows this, that it would take a miracle for this to actually happen. I am for trying something. I am all for standing with my fellow Americans and doing my part, but I cannot be a part of something that will end up putting good people in jail for a losing cause.

We have a government now, why remake it. We need to reshape it.

Aaron

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkness07
The one good way to start a revolution is to slowly turn the people against the government, that wouldnt be to hard in America.

Then you should be able to easily list a few good ideas as to how to accomplish that, no?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

As for an all-out revolution, i'm afraid they've made it very difficult to acheive that sort of thing these days.

It would be the equivalent of drawing an Ace three times in a row.

More like 5 times in a row.

I think we are at the point where the revolution will come in the form of a civil war.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
all we need to do is enforce our own constitution. It is still valid even if those fascist idiots suspend it to fund their bloodbaths.
It is up to the people to enforce the constitution and not the government!!
Therefore.....we all need to break ourselves from that "strawman" identity and mentality and respectfully and effectively find ways to gain our individual national sovereignty while retaining all rights reserved and afforded to us by god and by our constitution.

THen we set up our small municipalities and cooperate to the fullest while keeping peace. Basically its a glorified version of communal groups like the amish except we already have these rights but need to know how to legally enforce them with the proper verbage.
Any constitutional lawyers present please stand up?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join