It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apocolypse in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here�s some stuff from Matthew 24 if you want to know what the bible says about it.
Especially the bold bits.

"Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

�6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.�

�Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,�

�For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again.�

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven,

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.

got the good bits there left out all the pre/post- millenial stuff which no one agrees on!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

Originally posted by CyberGhost
like Byrd said, 2012 will come and go and nothing will happen

Yes well Byrd has closed her eyes for more things concerning PlanetX. And 2012 is based upon two mayor civilisations, the Mayans and Egyptians.

Next to this it isn't the end of the world, but a transformation of the conscienceness of menkind. For the ones who read the Bible, Satan comes from hell after 1,000 years again. 2012 is just the beginning.

No Apocalypse then, the Apocalypse will then happen at a later time.

I sure hope that we got a millenium after 2012 other wise were all probably in a deep load of doo doo.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why should we take what people said a thousand years ago seriously? How do they know what their talking about? How would the mayans or whatever known that a comet was going to hit earth in 2012?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Maby 2012 is when Aliens are going to expose themselvs to everyone or the NWO plans to take over, But if nothin happens in 2012 I would be so pissed off.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There have been lots of talk about 2012 and i wonder what really is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We recently had our share of "doomsdays" over the last few years. With millenial fever past, once again, there seems to be a tendency to continue the "end of the world" party. Accordingly, such meanderings may be a hot topic for the next several years. Indeed, devastating events occur occasionally due to many natural causes, and world leaders sometimes get out of hand too. But there is little in the way of accurate prognostications, other than ambiguous, fantasmagoric revelries that must be interpreted. Being that prophetic interpretation is subjective, implicitly, allows the experience of an interpreter to be expressed. Therefore, the prophesy is "revealed" as encompassing contemporary history because the interpreter is experiencing current events. Specific examples of this phenomenon are rife in recent years and may be noted in literature spanning at least two millenia.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
50 words, 10 words? Does it makes a difference?

Aeon174, That would have been read by so many more people if you'd have left out the tri-syllabical literary referencial statements.

Anyrate, despite my inherent skepticism at some 'great amazing event', I do find it interesting. It's likely just the fact I'm at that 'coming of age crossroads' where I question everything, that I'm on a conspiracy website, and that I know twice as much as I should and half of what I need to understand half of what I know... Ah well. Lets list supposed events, be they named by Crackpots, Astronomers, or mixtures of the groups! (Go Nossy!)

7-year tribulation period - Come on, this one just doesn't make much sense. I mean, people tie this to 2012 in order to make it affect us now, but we've got most of 2004 left before that 7 years would begin. They say that the events this year will herald and lead up to that period, but it's a stretch too far.

Inside of that stretch, we have Venus eclipsing the sun TWICE this year! Wow! It ought to be a show, but I doubt it's that signifigant. It happens every 117 years or so. We've also got the John Titor crowd in there, just waiting for the civil war to start in the US, which, going by given events, isn't ruled completely out, still less likely than Pamela Anderson getting struck by lightning 15 times on the day she won the lottery twice, married Saddam Hussein, and announced that she was formerly a man, but it COULD happen.

Now, onto real 2012. We've got energists claiming they'll have to fight a 'demon war' in 2012, when they can't TK a pencil. We've got people saying that Nossy had his dates off, but was generally right, we've got people saying we all had our dates off, Jesus is coming back THEN! others say its SATAN! no! Then we have the whole long cycle ending at Dec 23rd, 2012, or was it 21st? 12th? then it would be 12/12/2012 maybe 2nd? 12/02/2012 Oh, too bad, none of them seem to palindrome! There's the 'supergod' morons who think the world is hollow and filled with the arian race ready to come back and rescue us from jews, they REALLY think its gonna happen in 2012... What else do we have? A ton of stuff, but just watch 2012 hit and none of us remember all this, all we're thinking of is the striking coincidences going to take place in 2019.

Seriously.. let's just live our lives like normal, expect nothing, and when the world comes to a stop we can be happy. When it doesn't, we'll know we've played it safe and come out on top.

Oh, and to the idiot who thought there was things on television and in newspapers about 2012, put down the National Enquirer, and lay off the drugs, no one's said dip# about 2012 in any respectable news source. This does possibly exclude Fox News.

Last of all, the comet they found was scheduled to pass nearby us in 2028, not 2012.

Good Job Byrd.. Go Team Skeptic!

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
K I have 2 opinions.

One, like some of you people said, is how people from way back when going to know these things?

secondly, If terrorists are behind a load of #, then theyre gonna want to scare people in as many ways as possible. Like, AUUUGH! THIS IS COMING TRUE! WERE ALL GONNA DIE

They want that.

If im wrong.... Im wrong..... and Ill c u all in ATS heaven

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh no! My computer's calendar only goes to 2099! We're all doomed....

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When you say the "change" of conscienceness, maybe it's not a satan but the birth of the AI?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i heard 2012 is when the star Nibiru the suns sister travels close to earth and causeing a pole shift as it has done every 3600 years and it was the Sumerians who recorded the event.Many will perish...The Government is not going to help 90% of the population and that they have really started to believe this Sumerian lore in 1983 when they first found it 700 million miles away ...Now i want to beleive this is not true .Look up the Star Nibiru ....

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Do you honestly wanna know something,I believe strongly that the President that we have right now is gonna bring all of us into the Third World War & there's nobody that can actually stop him,because George W. Bush only listens to George W. Bush & not the people of the United States of America,like he's suppose to ...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
For me personaly I think 2012 and the next few preceding years are bet sumed up in this video...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think that SOMETHING'S going to happen in 2012.

Exactly what that something is, I'm not sure.

I'm not usually convinced by prophecies and the like; but this one has me convinced that something's going to happen because(as I understand it):

1. The Mayan calender ends(well, a bak'tun does, anyway) in 2012.

2. The Sybil(at Delphi) came up with a 2012 date too.

3. The I-Ching also came up with a 2012 prophecy.

These three civilizations all came up, independently, with 2012 as a major year in history. Three is the 'magic' number(so to speak) for me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We are actually looking at the winter solstice this year. Our calendars were a few years off. Study the literature and videos in this thread, then do the measurements yourself.... Two months off.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We will experience the photon effect in 2012.

Do some research on it. There's tons of material out there.

Search this site. This topic has been hammered out in many many threads all with different versions of what may (or may not ) happen.

It's easy to bash it without reading up on it.

This isn't some media fueled scam like Y2K. This is different. It's a matter of consciousness. Sounds New Agey I know but we're well on our way already.

Sept. 11th was a wake up call. The last major push toward a higher collective consciousness.

Keep seeing 11:11 randomly? I did(still do). And that's what lead me to 2012.

That's why I believe in it.
Call me crazy. But I've learned a lot from reading up on it. Maybe that's the point.

Cheers.

edit: Start with the real meaning of Apocalypse. It's not as bad as we've been conditioned to believe.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Read the White Horse prophecy. I am St. Joseph and the world will not end it will be a rebirth of good and all will be pure again. Love will rule the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ok, 2012. What will happen. No one really knows. Natta. So, what do we do until then. Stockpile weapons? NO NO. Build fallout shelters. Not so much. Should we huddle together like terrified cattle? Dont think that is the solution either.

How about this. Take each day and spend it wisely. You could die tomorrow in a car crash. Well, it is more likely. Love your family even if they have done you wrong.

If we all do die in 2012, then die without regret and grudges.

One thing is for sure..........You are going to die.

As the silly cheesy cliche goes. One is not measured by how they die but by how they lived.......

Chew on that

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So many people don't know what Apocalypse means. Apocalypse literally means "to reveal."

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Apocalypse-

Actually meaning "unveiling" or "revelation," this word is frequently used to describe the end of the world as we know it. ...
www.abhota.info/endgloss.htm
Apocalypse

literally means, 'that which is revealed'; descripes certain forms of literature popular in Christianity and Judaism from the second century BCE to the second century CE; often times written in a secret code and spoke about a dramatic end of the world.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join